Postby cOCk_Fight » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:29 pm

I am really perplexed by this letter of hers. :eh?:
She was always extolling the joys of how wonderful airports are. \:D/
Now 10 years later she says they are absolutely horrible. :-xxx
Sounds like a 1st world problem for The OC's 1%. :-({|=

Daily Pilot
Mailbag: Grand jury report gets it wrong on JWA

August 12, 2014 | 2:02 p.m.

Those of us who are affected by John Wayne Airport's noise and air pollution thank Supervisor John Moorlach for his recent critical comments regarding an Orange County Grand Jury report on the facility.

Moorlach rightfully stated, in the Orange County Register, that the idea of extending a runway in a heavily populated area showed "a naivete that is almost eye-rolling."

Moorlach is absolutely correct. The grand jury report advocated ways for airport expansion, while ignoring the thousands of residents who endure excessive noise and pollution from an airport that should never have been designated for commercial use. It's exceedingly close to homes, schools and parks, some mere blocks from a runway, making the airport dangerous as well as overly intrusive.

Why did the grand jury report ignore published scientific reports that detail the harmful effects of noise and air pollution on a population? Planes overhead emit dangerous chemicals, including particulates, which have proven to be particularly harmful to health.

Worse yet, they travel many miles through the air, infecting unsuspecting people far from the original source. Everyone should seriously question a report that excluded the harmful effects of John Wayne Airport on people while advocating ideas for expansion.

Bonnie O'Neil

Newport Beach

http://www.dailypilot.com/opinion/tn-dpt-me-0815-mailbag-20140812,0,2666202.story

PS Here is what one person had to say via Facebook:

Ryan Walker
Bonnie, the airport has been there since 1932. When did you move in? I'm tired of hearing about rich who buy houses near airports and complain about noise. had to say via Facebook:

18echo
Oversight Committee

Re: Bonnie is baaaaaaaack!!!

Postby 18echo » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:18 am

Does Bonnie look like this:
SNA.jpg
SNA.jpg (29.42 KiB) Viewed 2003 times
"Hoc spatium adsuesco assuesco pro profunda rhetoricam."

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:07 am

Poor Bonnie. She's still going after all these years. I'm sort of glad she hasn't "re-discovered" this site. She reminds me a certain other single-issue individual, except her obsession is airplanes.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:32 am

John Q. Public wrote:Poor Bonnie.

Ya know, 20 minutes later, I'm reminded of an old ad for Midol that used to run in the back of TV Glide about 40 or so years ago that said "Poor Bonnie!" and had a picture similar to 18e's. I wonder if she's been whining that long. I'll have to see if I can find the ad.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:24 am

Er, maybe I was thinking of this one.

bonniesblue.jpg

sbayhills

Postby sbayhills » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:05 pm

I wonder what Norm Ewers and Donald Nyre have been up to these days?

Luca

Postby Luca » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:15 pm

Who is Bonnie and what am I missing here? .....................Luca

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:35 pm

Bonnie's a "concerned citizen" from Newport who wanted to push her problem off on you.

Troglodyte

Postby Troglodyte » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:07 am

She must be related to those who want to eliminate the beach fire rings, plastic bags, and large drinks. Those who look dirty at anyone with a green lawn, yet go along with new housing developments and high density apartments in this desert ecology and adding more freeway lanes instead of opting for a BART like system, which could easily be paid for using the funds for the Moonbeam express and create even more jobs.
I don't suffer from any mental illnesses.. I enjoy them..

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:20 am

Fire rings, maybe, but she lives on the north side of Back Bay, so maybe not. But I wouldn't be surprised if she wants Newport Dunes shut down. Can't be letting peons have fun within earshot, ya know.

I doubt she cares about any of the rest of those, but ya gotta know she'd fight a BART-like system that goes anywhere near Newport as hard as she's fought to get John Wayne closed.

Troglodyte

Postby Troglodyte » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:08 pm

If she is so dead set against SNA, she should sell her NPB home and move to the great park, or San Clemente, and have a few bucks left over in her knock off Louis Vuitton purse. I know I would.
Oh hell, then she'll be sniveling about those surf bums spoiling her view. Passive-aggressives always have something to complain about and don't mind using the courts and the media to push their case.
All that fun and free publicity to boot... :-({|=

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:32 am

Here's Bonnie's Facebook page...

https://www.facebook.com/bonnie.oneil.11?fref=nf
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Troglodyte

Postby Troglodyte » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:01 am

A regular joiner, that one.. Every kookie right wing org she can find... :yawn
Well, at least she isn't an Obama fanatic... :lol:

cOCk_Fight

Postby cOCk_Fight » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:20 pm

Theoretically, Irvine could open El Toro for a minor amount of relief to keep John Wayne from growing too big.
Instead, I like the idea of Irvine playing the role of Walter White, while Newport Beach is Jane Margolis and she chokes on her own vomit from a heroin overdose and dies. Walter could have saved Jane, but he just stood by and watched her die.

(Here is the video)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNY8lvoR6ts
Jane's death led to her distraught father, an air traffic controller making a fatal mistake that led to two planes crashing midair over Albuquerque.

Then in a speech during a grief counseling rally at a high school, Walter White is so cavalier and crass about the crash (he ultimately caused) that the the microphone is taken away from him.

Walter White Pep Talk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-8FB6k8jik

Troglodyte

Postby Troglodyte » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:43 am

Theoretically Agrin won't allow it, CF. Fortunately Agrin is having a spot of command and control problems lately. :lol:

Hanna

Postby Hanna » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:40 am

Unread postby cOCk_Fight » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:20 pm
Theoretically, Irvine could open El Toro for a minor amount of relief to keep John Wayne from growing too big.

And what makes you think that airlines will duplicate their operations only few miles apart?

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:36 am

The voters decided otherwise. It cost one supervisor her position when she refused to listen to her constituents.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Tommy Tar

Postby Tommy Tar » Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:54 pm

I was at the "great park" on saturday refereeing soccer games. After 10 years they have 5 soccer fields and a ballon ride. The "great park" was a total scam and the old airbase will be covered with homes very soon.
‘I Haven’t Seen Democrats This Mad Since We Freed the Slaves!’..... Rob Schneider.

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:17 pm

That's cool with me. At least there aren't 400 planes landing each day and 400 planes taking off each day.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Troglodyte

Postby Troglodyte » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:33 pm

When did you buy your house, Paul?? Wasn't the air base in operation then??
If you don't like the sound of jets taking off, buy somewhere else... Simple..

Return to “The El Toro Chronicles”