Act of Valor

User avatar
Wabash
Posts: 22595
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:29 am

Act of Valor

Postby Wabash » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:33 pm

Saw this movie. The acting by the SEALs is a bit wooden. But you'll walk out of the theater thankful these guys are on our side.


They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

User avatar
oceanvue
Posts: 5929
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:09 pm

Re: Act of Valor

Postby oceanvue » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:35 pm

what mean we kimosabe
Image

User avatar
Wabash
Posts: 22595
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:29 am

Re: Act of Valor

Postby Wabash » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:24 am

oceanvue wrote:what mean we kimosabe

The best part of the movie was that it wasn't politicized. They get a mission, they go.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

User avatar
oceanvue
Posts: 5929
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:09 pm

Re: Act of Valor

Postby oceanvue » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:04 pm

Good movie. I'm glad they didn't try to add realism by jiggling the camera all the time. I think they nailed the Froggies to a T. I got to know a dozen or so real well on Guam
Image

User avatar
Wabash
Posts: 22595
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:29 am

Re: Act of Valor

Postby Wabash » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:51 pm

oceanvue wrote:Good movie. I'm glad they didn't try to add realism by jiggling the camera all the time. I think they nailed the Froggies to a T. I got to know a dozen or so real well on Guam

I never want that group coming after me. It won't end well for me.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

User avatar
oceanvue
Posts: 5929
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:09 pm

Re: Act of Valor

Postby oceanvue » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:12 pm

Wabash wrote:I never want that group coming after me. It won't end well for me.


well than I suggest you clean up your act
Image

longtimeobserver
Posts: 1344
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:16 pm

Re: Act of Valor

Postby longtimeobserver » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:13 am

It really didn't bother me that the "leads" were not actors....it made the picture more realistic...
I wasn't expecting it to have that much of a "story line"....I guess I was expecting more of a
"documentary"movie....but I am glad that I saw it. The audience was about 75% male for the showing
that I attended.

User avatar
Wabash
Posts: 22595
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:29 am

Re: Act of Valor

Postby Wabash » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:34 am

longtimeobserver wrote:It really didn't bother me that the "leads" were not actors....it made the picture more realistic...
I wasn't expecting it to have that much of a "story line"....I guess I was expecting more of a
"documentary"movie....but I am glad that I saw it. The audience was about 75% male for the showing
that I attended.

It didn't bother me either. Mine was mixed. I'd say it was almost split 50/50.

I liked the fact it didn't show them doing things that can't be done for real. And there were no CGI effects. I liked the scene where the swift boats roll in to do the extract. Nothing says, "glad to meet you" like a deck-mounted, belt-fed, .30 cal. minigun blazing at full tilt putting out so much brass it requires a snow shovel to pick up.
Last edited by Wabash on Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

User avatar
oceanvue
Posts: 5929
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:09 pm

Re: Act of Valor

Postby oceanvue » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:00 am

when the Big E rolled into Guam after the Vietnam war we took in 4 Navy Seals that had been deployed on it. Guam was packed to the gills after the Vietnam war between servicemen and Vietnamese refugees. It actually turned out to be pretty cool (at first I was like "oh great") one of them came back to Guam shortly after as a private contractor (wink wink) and developed a friendship with my Dad although much younger remained his closest friend until his death
Image

User avatar
Wabash
Posts: 22595
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:29 am

Re: Act of Valor

Postby Wabash » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:37 am

oceanvue wrote:when the Big E rolled into Guam after the Vietnam war we took in 4 Navy Seals that had been deployed on it. Guam was packed to the gills after the Vietnam war between servicemen and Vietnamese refugees. It actually turned out to be pretty cool (at first I was like "oh great") one of them came back to Guam shortly after as a private contractor (wink wink) and developed a friendship with my Dad although much younger remained his closest friend until his death

The credits at the end reinforce the reality these men are human. They're not bulletproof. I thought that was a very somber reminder of their humanity.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

User avatar
oceanvue
Posts: 5929
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:09 pm

Re: Act of Valor

Postby oceanvue » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:49 am

I knew that guy was going to get it 2 minutes into the movie. Kinda like the TV show Combat..new guy never makes it through the episode or the French country girl that Sgt. Saunders falls in love with either
Image

User avatar
Wabash
Posts: 22595
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:29 am

Re: Act of Valor

Postby Wabash » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:46 pm

oceanvue wrote:I knew that guy was going to get it 2 minutes into the movie. Kinda like the TV show Combat..new guy never makes it through the episode or the French country girl that Sgt. Saunders falls in love with either

Same as the guy with the red shirt on Star Trek.
Attachments
Star Trek Security.jpg
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Return to “Movies”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest