Monument Men

Bubba#35

Monument Men

Postby Bubba#35 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:57 pm

Saw it yesterday at one of those theaters with the real comfortable seats and where where you can order real food and adult beverages. I was disappointed with the movie. While I didn't expect an action adventure type of movie, it dragged. The dialogue was nothing special and although I like most of the actors, they didn't do much for me here. I am not a George a Clooney fan so maybe that bled over to my opinion of the movie overall. I did enjoy the theater though. Decent food and the seat really fit my fat butt. I believe this will be my type of theater from here on out.

Zebra

Re: Monument Men

Postby Zebra » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:45 pm

Off subject but go see Lone Survivor. OUTSTANDING! :thumbsup:
Coach, you can call me a S.O.B. all you want. Just don't call me a little S.O.B. [-X

Bubba#35

Postby Bubba#35 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:57 pm

Read the book and it was outstanding. Can't wait to see the movie but my much better half selected this one. I get the next one.

Zebra

Postby Zebra » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:03 pm

If you've ever been under live fire it may make you a bit squirmy. I got that way in Saving Private Ryan opening scene and this movie's battle scenes. :fan:

My gal picked the Monument Men for next week. Must be woman SOP to hit up the Clooney movies. --:--
Coach, you can call me a S.O.B. all you want. Just don't call me a little S.O.B. [-X

Bubba#35

Postby Bubba#35 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:06 pm

I never thought of that, you may be right. About the women part.

Red

Postby Red » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:18 pm

Thanks for the heads up. I dislike both george looney and matt dumbman. Ill save the money.
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

Notorious

Postby Notorious » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:52 pm

That's too bad, I love everyone in the cast so I'm surprised to hear it wasn't that interesting.
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:47 pm

I saw it. I thought it didn't know what type of movie it wanted to be. It deals with a serious subject of men at war. But then has many moments of low laughs with non-soldiers being pushed into a military role and the difficulties they face.

Red, you needn't worry, there is no matt dumbman in the cast. So you're clear to watch.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Return to “Movies”