The Interview

crayegg
Oversight Committee

The Interview

Postby crayegg » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:03 am

I watched The Interview last night on pay-per-view, $5.99.

Typical Rogen/Franco movie, with a little Tarantino thrown in. Very crude and boorish - a lot of dick jokes and up-the-butt comedy. Very low brow. Lots of gratuitous violence and blood.

I'm fine with all those things, I liked it.

Even with Rogen telling Franco to "shut up" or "stop saying that" every five minutes, it was very funny many, many times.

Watching on pay-per-view was cool in that I could pause it until I stopped laughing so as to not miss the next line.

Definitely worth six bucks to have for two days. I'll probably watch it again tonight.

Wabash

Re: The Interview

Postby Wabash » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:33 am

Good review. I thought it had its moments but glad that I didn't see it at the theater.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Omar Bongo

Re: The Interview

Postby Omar Bongo » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:30 pm

I thought it was funny and well done for its genre. Franco was great and his character had all the best lines. My only quibble would be that as a comedy, it could have done with a little less gore in a couple of scenes. Kinda hard to laugh when blood is spraying everywhere.
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Return to “Movies”