Generation Kill

Ramon

Generation Kill

Post by Ramon » Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:39 pm

I'm watching "Generation Kill" right now on HBO. And this is beast damn show on TV right now I **** you not! Anyone else like this show? \:D/
Never Underestimate The Heart Of A Monarch
Back to Back CIF-SS Division 1, CIF State Open Division and National Football Champions

Red

Re: Generation Kill

Post by Red » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:08 pm

Sorry Buddy. Disagree. Show is Hollywood's way of making all American soliders look, act, and sound like A-holes. I refuse to watch.

Ramon

Post by Ramon » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:54 pm

Red wrote:Sorry Buddy. Disagree. Show is Hollywood's way of making all American soliders look, act, and sound like A-holes. I refuse to watch.
I thought that at first Red...But I learned to appreciate the sacrifices our brave soldiers make in that hole of a country...God Bless Our Troops!
Back to Back CIF-SS Division 1, CIF State Open Division and National Football Champions

Country

Post by Country » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:05 pm

It's pretty good. Not the best mini-series HBO has offered but still pretty good.

Band of Brothers still tops my list.

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:07 pm

Country wrote:
Band of Brothers still tops my list.
One of the best WW II series...films..ever made.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Buc Pride

Post by Buc Pride » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:44 am

I love "Godfather". This show is written so well I watch it twice.
rent saw

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:57 am

Buc Pride wrote:I love "Godfather". This show is written so well I watch it twice.
I haven't watched it yet. The bride read an article before HBO started the series, and it said to that point movies and TV shows about the war in Iraq haven't drawn big audiences. They surmised that because the fight still goes on, and because people are being killed everyday over there, viewers are shying away from the subject matter.

Any idea how Generation Kill is being accepted?
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Buc Pride

Post by Buc Pride » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:18 am

I haven't watched it yet. The bride read an article before HBO started the series, and it said to that point movies and TV shows about the war in Iraq haven't drawn big audiences. They surmised that because the fight still goes on, and because people are being killed everyday over there, viewers are shying away from the subject matter.

Any idea how Generation Kill is being accepted?[/quote]

In my circles (the cool crowd) this show is currently ranked #1 (cool people always rank their TV shows).

Get on board Paul. Same writers did The Wire (cool people's favorite show of all time).
rent saw

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:21 am

Buc Pride wrote:

In my circles (the cool crowd) this show is currently ranked #1 (cool people always rank their TV shows).

Get on board Paul. Same writers did The Wire (cool people's favorite show of all time).
Oh, man!!! That's all I have to do to be a cool person. I'm in. Thanks, for the tip, Buc.

averagejoe2

Post by averagejoe2 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:45 am

sounds like a buzz kill to me.

Ramon

Post by Ramon » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:44 am

Buc Pride wrote:I love "Godfather". This show is written so well I watch it twice.
"GodFather" is the ****...Love it when they are discussing South Park and singing Tainted Love as they roll through the worst areas of Iraq...This show is awesome!

averagejoe

Post by averagejoe » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:20 am

it totally sucks dude.

Ramon

Post by Ramon » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:21 am

averagejoe wrote:it totally sucks dude.
What qualifies you to make that assertion?

OCHSSportsNut

Post by OCHSSportsNut » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:14 am

Red wrote:Sorry Buddy. Disagree. Show is Hollywood's way of making all American soliders look, act, and sound like A-holes. I refuse to watch.
The show is a train wreck Red

THe Nug

Post by THe Nug » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:32 am

"As the warrior poet Ice Cube once proclaimed, If the day does not require an A-K...it is good."

forkicks

Post by forkicks » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:45 am

THe Nug wrote:"As the warrior poet Ice Cube once proclaimed, If the day does not require an A-K...it is good."

You are too much Nug, what's up? Glad to have you back.
Today will be a good day....

Kicks

Ramon

Post by Ramon » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:46 am

OCHSSportsNut wrote:The show is a train wreck Red
Not true...I think it puts a human face to our brave troops in Iraq...Warts and all....War is hell

Country

Post by Country » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:35 pm

Actually, the guy playing Sgt. Rodolfo "Rudy" Reyes (the huge metrosexual) is playing himself. He was originally hired as an military advisor to make sure the series got it right when it came to portraying the men of 1st Recon Marines. When they couldn't find anyone to play him. He was given the job to play himself.

So give the series a try. :)

Also, Sgt. Maj. John Sixta is becoming my favorite character of the series. =D>