Costco = Censorship

Red

Costco = Censorship

Postby Red » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:15 pm

I will be visiting my nearest Costco and if this is true, I will burn my membership card and hope many will follow my lead. Again, Liberalism is a vindictive mental disorder and the new Marxism. The Age of Insanity. I hope Costco FAILS!

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... o-shelves/

Dinesh D’Souza book yanked from Costco shelves

By Cheryl K. Chumley

The Washington Times

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Dinesh D’Souza’s “America: Imagine the World Without Her” got promising reviews from ... more >

Costco has suddenly — and according to author Dinesh D'Souza, inexplicably —booted his book from stores nationwide, ordering chain operators to clear their shelves of “America: Imagine a World Without Her” by July 15.

Mr. D'Souza said roughly 3,600 copies of his newest release has sold at Costco already, but he has no idea why the chain refuses to sell more.

“We’re in the process of finding out what’s happening,” he told WND. “I look forward to getting to the bottom of this and continuing the strong relationship my publisher and I have always had with Costco and their millions of shoppers.”

Mr. D'Souza also has a movie out by the same name, released just last week.

Both film and book look at the damage that progressive-minded politics has done to America, with an emphasis on the changes that have occurred under President Obama’s administration — which Mr. D'Souza says is steeped in progressive ideology.

“America” was No. 51 on Amazon’s bestseller list on Monday.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... z36v1vnXKE
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

Parrotpaul

Re: Costco = Censorship

Postby Parrotpaul » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:21 pm

My MIL had cataract surgery on one eye a while ago. The eye has healed and she has terrific vision in that one eye....she is planning to get the other one done. She went to Costco this afternoon to have them readjust her eyeglass and sunglass lenses to accommodate the surgery. They told her Costco would do if for free because she had originally purchased the glasses at Costco, and because surgery was the cause, they would change the lenses in the original frames...in addition, they told her when she has the other eye done, they will also change the lenses again.

I have never bought a book at Costco, but love the five cheese take home pizza.

Red, let me know when you plan to burn your card...I want to be there and record the event with pics and interviews. Did you enjoy the book, Red?
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

sbayhills

Postby sbayhills » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:53 pm

You have to wonder what management was thinking if they intentionally removed this book from their shelves, or if there's just another reason. I agree with you Paul. Not many would ever read this book, and all this did was highlight it. Bad marketing by Costco = good marketing for the book.

I will guarantee that 90% of those who say they will purchase and read the book, would have never even realized it was in written form. I just thought it was a movie.

crayegg
Oversight Committee

Postby crayegg » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:57 pm

Could simply not be selling enough to justify the shelf space. In other words, a business decision unrelated to politics.

Red

Postby Red » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:57 pm

I will buy the book and I will pay to watch the movie. If only some Liberals watched it with an open mind ( :lol: ), perhaps they would see what they voted for. A complete loser and failure.
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

Red

Postby Red » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:02 pm

They had already sold 3,600 copies. I'm willing to bet they still have the next President of the United States and babe among babes, Hillary Clinton's trash on the shelf. But then again, I don't believe she sold 3,600 books period. LIAR!

joefutbol

Postby joefutbol » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:05 pm

They're selling what they want to sell. What's wrong with that? I thought this was a free country, Red.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:18 pm

I'm not surprised Red likes D'Souza. Conservatives love their convicted felons.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

not4u13

Postby not4u13 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:20 pm

Censorship cannot be performed by a corporation. That is something only the government can do. A business can choose what to sell and what not to. There are no rules or regulations that require Costco or any other business to sell a particular title.

As for this book, it will be interesting to see if Costco even mentions why they pulled selling the book. Most of you know that Costco has a very interesting model. While the stores are huge, they only carry a very small number of distinct items on any given day when compared to a typical grocery store. They will only sell one brand of spaghetti sauce for example and that brand could change from week to week depending on what they can buy it for and what sells. Their book selection is actually very small when you consider that they try to appeal to a very wide audience.

Lets assume for a moment that Costco chooses not to sell the book because they don't agree with its contents. Why is that not OK?
Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountain is going home; that wildness is necessity; John Muir
http://www.quotesdaddy.com

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:40 pm

Where and when is the membership card burning? I want to bring a crowd with me.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:55 pm

Um, 3600 books divided by 650 locations is 5.5 books per warehouse. I think I know why they didn't reorder.

Don't burn your fingers, red.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

sbayhills

Postby sbayhills » Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:27 pm

Lets assume for a moment that Costco chooses not to sell the book because they don't agree with its contents. Why is that not OK?

Should that logic apply to Hobby Lobby and Obamacare?

joefutbol

Postby joefutbol » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:02 pm

Was a law passed requiring Costco to carry all books.

Red

Postby Red » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:08 pm

Is it against the law for me to tell Costco to pound sand, I wont be spending my money there? NO. And Mr Snark, I'm willing to bet he sells more books than the next President of the United States and babe among babes, Hillary Clinton.

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:11 pm

What are you willing to bet? I'd like a shot at getting into that candy bag. :mrgreen:

Red

Postby Red » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:17 pm

More on the Costco scumbag:

D’Souza’s book, released on June 2, is ranked #1 in Amazon’s Commentary and Opinion subsection of Politics and Government, and the #3 hardcover book overall in Amazon’s Politics and Government section.

Corsi points out that Costco co-founder and director Jim Sinegal is a huge leftist, a major Democrat donor, and even spoke at the 2012 Democrat convention that nominated Obama. Ironically, Sinegal has prospered from the same capitalist system Barack Obama is trying to destroy through controlist policies.

The book, like the movie, logically smashes the Obama Democrat Party meme that America is a force for evil in the world.

http://www.tpnn.com/2014/07/07/costco-g ... m-shelves/

I will make it my personal goal to spread the word on this JERK!

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:18 pm

Can I get a piece of that action? I'm in.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:20 pm

Red wrote:

The book, like the movie, logically smashes the Obama Democrat Party meme that America is a force for evil in the world.

All claimed by a convicted felon. Gotta love the irony of that.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:38 pm

What was that thread we had a while back about stupid people tending to vote Republican?

PEOPLE, THE BOOK TOOK A MONTH TO SELL AS MANY COPIES AS COSTCO NEEDS IT TO SELL IN A DAY!

Is that really so complicated?

I'm sorry, but anybody who'd scream "censorship" for Costco dropping an item that only sells one piece a week just isn't very bright.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:43 pm

JQP, you are correct. As was pointed out earlier. Costco has a very strict business model that doesn't allow for inventory to sit for any length of time.

They are in business to make money. Judging by their previous history, they are very good at it.

Return to “Reading”