Costco = Censorship

Parrotpaul

Re: Costco = Censorship

Post by Parrotpaul » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:55 pm

And their customer service is the best there is.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:05 pm

I'm sure Walmart will be more than happy to carry the book.

The movie is getting average reviews.

It's made about $4m since being released. I guess that is good for a documentary.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

afan95

Post by afan95 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:02 pm

Guess so called "convicted felon" is getting the last laugh.

Please enjoy the article about how 70% of convicts register as Democrats...
Last edited by John Q. Public on Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed the spammy links
It's my Board and I will censor you when I feel like it JQP

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:12 pm

D'Souza is admired by conservatives. Ironic given his record and their constant claims about family values.

Your stat on convict registration is irelevant. If they served their time so be it. If they're felons they can't vote so it doesn't matter. I'm not surprised. There is a saying that the definition of a liberal is a conservative whose just been arrested.

I know of no Dems touting that group like conservatives are with D'Souza.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:09 pm

And the definition of a conservative is a liberal who's just won the lottery.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:18 pm

Want to bet on which one happens more often?

Fordama

Post by Fordama » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:19 pm

D'Souza is a serial liar, so his claims have to be taken with extreme caution.

Fordama
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Red

Post by Red » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:28 pm

D'Souza a serial liar? LOL You are calling him serial liar and you support a serial liar, obaMAO.
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

Red

Post by Red » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:31 pm

JQP, you have no idea how many of his books are being sold. All I know is, it's selling more than the next President of the United States and babe among babes, Hillary Clinton's book. LOL
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

RedFred

Post by RedFred » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:49 pm

You Libs are beyond belief, crying about private entities like Augusta National yet supporting Costco, which reaps enourmous government subsidies to build their stores in municipalities. Which is it gonna be?

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:40 pm

Now, before I close or delete this thread, can somebody tell me:

1. Who this D'Souza guy is?

2. What this felony he was convicted of is?

3. What these lies he's accused of serially telling are?

4. How Costco's dropping an item that obviously isn't selling for them could be construed as censorship?

5. How anybody with a functioning brain could not see the idiocy of this statement - "Mr. D'Souza said roughly 3,600 copies of his newest release has sold at Costco (in a month), but he has no idea why the chain refuses to sell more"?

6. Where there's anything in the page and a half of this thread that wasn't a complete waste of internet?

Stupid, stupid, STUPID thread!
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:50 am

(Reuters) - Conservative author and filmmaker Dinesh D'Souza pleaded guilty on Tuesday to a campaign finance law violation, avoiding a trial that had been expected to begin the same day in a Manhattan federal court.

D'Souza, known for his biting criticism of President Barack Obama, pleaded guilty to one criminal count of making illegal contributions in the names of others. A second count concerning the making of false statements is expected to be dismissed once he is sentenced.
D'Souza's claim to fame so far is making conservatively biased documentaries and writing conservatively based books that are critical of the Obama Administration. Their accuracy is disputed by liberals and praised by conservatives. Sorta the opposite of Michael Moore.

I never stated he was a serial liar, so I don't know.

I agree that Costco shouldn't be forced to carry an item.

D'Souza's claim about censorship is one of the oldest tricks in the book (pun). He's made a patently false statement knowing full well it will get his product free publicity and hopefully higher sales. Which of course equates to him making a lot of money.

Red

Post by Red » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:20 am

So let me get this straight...You have no idea who Dinesh D'Souza is, or care that a donor of the president and CEO of a large store takes the book off the shelf (censorship) and you think it is a stupid thread? Amazing! BTW, COSTCO back tracked and the book is Amazon's #1 best selling book. BTW, stupid threads are started all the time by the left on here and I noticed most of them goes unread and unanswered. If a conservative ran store trashed the next President of the United States and babe among babes, Hillary Clinton's book, you guys would be outraged and deservedly so. BTW, when I see her book, most of them down to 75% off the purchase price, I always stash it so kids cant see it. Doing my part to save the children.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:50 am

I wasn't sure at first. I think I can conclude Red likes D'Souza's book and/or movie.

What a country.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:51 am

Red,

It's NOT censorship. The book was a dog for Costco and they dropped it. Simple as that. One piece a week is an embarrassingly bad number. No manufacturer (or author) would scream censorship over them pulling an item that sold that badly. Except, I guess a Conservative author. The Red's of the world live for made-up "scandals" and D'Souza is taking advantage of that. Unfortunately, the Red's of the world are now supposedly boycotting Costco and it's going to be a dog all over again. And Costco's going to say "Toldja!" If anybody is to blame on this, it's D'Souza and his publisher for thoroughly bungling the release. Or maybe the "scandal" was part of their strategy.

I said the thread was stupid - and I still do - because the premise is idiotic and the only post that was worth making was the one by not4u13 on the first page. The internet would be a better place if all the rest of the vapid, one-sentence posts had never been made.

afan95

Post by afan95 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:08 pm

JQP,
I'm assuming you include your post as part of the thread's stupidity?
It's my Board and I will censor you when I feel like it JQP

Red

Post by Red » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:47 pm

Ya know JQP, if this country was full of the Reds of the world, America would be a great place to live. The facts are, the CEO is a shill for Obama and is vindictive to conservatives and the truth. He is so liberal, he misjudged the reaction of the people. What a dolt. Did he not remember what happened regarding the Chick-fil-a fiasco? Educated and decent Americans are starting to rise up against this Marxist regime and their sycophant adorers. One day I pray they will wake the hell and smell the coffee. My next move is to get his idiot get kicked out as CEO. Actually, that would make me as horrible as a liberal.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:09 pm

Costco != Charity

I understand your concern for America's downtrodden and all but Costco wouldn't be as successful as it is if it shared your concern for dead items. The book was taking up real estate that could be used for a book that could sell dozens of times more than it did. 3600 pieces chain-wide really is a pitiful number. Why does it take a business-hating, scoliacalist, liberal, America-hating, commie, bleeding heart to point that out to you?

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:37 pm

The D'Souza book is currently #1 on amazon.com in the categories of world history books, United States history books, and conservative/liberal politics and social sciences books. It is also #11 and rising on Publisher's Weekly list of hardcover nonfiction best sellers, and #17 on the New York Times hardcover nonfiction best seller list. By most objective measures, it is a popular book right now.

I fully support Costco's right to stock and sell whatever books they want, and to remove books from display for any reason they choose. But I walk through their book aisles every time I shop there, I was there again yesterday, and I looked at their displays. I'd be willing to bet a kidney they have some dogs on their shelves right now that sell far fewer copies than the D'Souza book, so I doubt this move is SOLELY about sales volume.

Red

Post by Red » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:43 pm

I believe the article indicated 3600 books in that store. I'll scan the article again. Besides, I'm willing to bet they have Hillary's book on the shelf. Again JQP, this was purely political. Jeez, Costco is a couple of hundred thousand square feet. Room on a shelf was not the issue. Anyhoo, they chickened out after the phone calls. I know I called and I made sure I was very polite. The lady on the phone had no idea what was going on. She knows now. Costco gambled and lost.