Costco = Censorship

Wabash

Re: Costco = Censorship

Post by Wabash » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:12 pm

MDDad, it may very well be selling that well on Amazon. That doesn't mean it is selling that well at Costco.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:32 pm

The article said,"Mr. D'Souza said roughly 3,600 copies of his newest release has (sic) sold at Costco already,..." This business-hating lefty said "Well that's not very many" as soon as he read it. No idea why it zoomed - and continues to zoom - right on by the perpetually outraged.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:36 pm

MDDad, what was its ranking before this "scandal" was manufactured?

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:21 pm

Wabash wrote:MDDad, it may very well be selling that well on Amazon. That doesn't mean it is selling that well at Costco.
It is selling well on Amazon. It is selling well at the bookstores surveyed to compile the Publisher's Weekly best sellers lists. It is selling well at the bookstores surveyed to compile the New York Times best seller lists. And it's a dog at Costco? Yeah, that's pretty likely.

JQP wrote:MDDad, what was its ranking before this "scandal" was manufactured?
I don't know.

The amazon rankings are pretty much reflective of real-time. The Publisher's Weekly and New York Times lists definitely have a time lag and may have been compiled before the "scandal".

As for the "scandal" itself, I wonder how many people (including me) even knew about it. If you're implying the book saw a sales spurt partly because Red posted about it, maybe D'Souza owes Red a commission.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:36 pm

Now it's a conspiracy?

Darn funny.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

RedFred

Post by RedFred » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:02 pm

Oh this is awesome, you've got JQP, trying to manufacture some ridiculous story about how the book must not be selling at Costco even though its on everyone elses bestseller list. And then you get the parrot to chime in with the standard "its a conservative conspiracy".

As the entire Progressive agenda has melted down the last month or two it has never been so entertaining to watch the Libs on this site act like utter fools. Thank you so much for the entertainment.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:26 pm

MDDad wrote: If you're implying the book saw a sales spurt partly because Red posted about it, maybe D'Souza owes Red a commission.
Well, there's Red, there's Hannity, there's Beck, Limbaugh, Washington Times, the Free Republic, every right wing blog on the internets, all the usual suspects. Hey, it's a great way to sell a book. But 3600 pieces in a month is a dog. Trust me. This leftist, commie, soclialitist business hater is in the business.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:09 pm

RF, if you want a real laugh, try Costco buying pallets and pallets of books and then intentionally trying to not sell them just to prove that... um... um... um.... I have no idea what anybody would be trying to prove by doing that. You seem to be smarter than me. Do you?

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:58 am

Hillary's book may not be selling like fresh cronuts, but she's beating the crap out of D'Souza.

In a statement from CEO Craig Jelinek sent to the media (in hopes of quelling the continuing brouhaha), Costco revealed that D'Souza's book had been sold 3,753 times in its stores, "or approximately 15 books per Costco location." To the Post, Galanti said that Clinton's had sold somewhere north of 17,000 in the last three weeks of June -- about five times as much.

<snip>

"We delete 20 to 50 of the 200 titles we have every week," Galanti told the Post. In terms of the political eruption, he said, "We probably should have known. But we didn't."

"Nobody wants to hear how we do business," he continued. "Depending on what we say, half of the aisle gets mad. If we say something else, the other half gets mad."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the ... za-levels/
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:04 am

I saw them profiled on CNBC. They have a very strict business model that limits the number of line items on their warehouse floor. That is one of the reasons they are so profitable.

D'Souza's tactic was to drum up free publicity for his book. It worked.

I don't believe anyone actually believes that D'Souza cares about America. Do they?

sbayhills

Post by sbayhills » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:12 am

Wabash, your post was fine until you went with your same tired crap in the last line.
I don't believe anyone actually believes that D'Souza cares about America. Do they?
Why do you have to say the same thing, over and over and over about any Conservative you disagree with?

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:24 am

Maybe because he knows he can get you to respond by doing so.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

sbayhills

Post by sbayhills » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:47 am

Do you really want to crawl into a foxhole with this guy? You're the main proponent, and your actions show it, for a more civil board.

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:37 am

Yep, and by feeding the fire how is it you are helping out?

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:07 am

sbayhills wrote:
Why do you have to say the same thing, over and over and over about any Conservative you disagree with?
Because it's true.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:18 pm

Geez, now those lefties at Google are part of the conspiracy.
Google, according to the letter (from D'Sousa's attorney), has been "misdirecting many users who mistakenly believed the film was not playing in theaters. We understand this was brought to your attention for correction five days ago, yet the problem persists."

~snip~

It demands that Google disclose "whether human or automated error was the source" of the alleged mistakes and asks "what measures have been taken to fix the problem."

The letter also asks Google to supply "statistics on searches from the time the misdirection began until resolved so that we might ascertain the number of users who could not find the film as a result of this mix-up."

See more at: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/a ... X4PEg.dpuf

Fordama

Post by Fordama » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:54 am

D'Sousa knows his target audience craves indignation. Everytime he can claim victimhood, another few thousand books will be sold.

Fordama
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:23 am

The movie has grossed another $1M since this thread started.

The entertainment community loves free pub.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:17 am

Never mind that "America" is about as generic as search terms come.

Forget all that work on optimizing the site. I'll just get a lawyer to threaten Google for a better ranking.

Red

Post by Red » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:53 pm

Well now! Great timing. COSTCO sent me a "FREE Costco Card! Need some help. I would like to tell them to go pound sand in as many languages as I can. Any help?
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.