Companies continue to leave California

Brooke

Re: Companies continue to leave California

Postby Brooke » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:39 pm

Wabash wrote:I'll give your opinion the same value it costs.
That's fine because as I already explained (and the gist was that) what you say doesn't count. :D

Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?

oceanvue

Postby oceanvue » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:28 pm

Wabash wrote:OC has the lowest unemployment rate in CA. Can Austin break off from the rest of the state?

You mean can OC?

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:49 pm

Brooke wrote:That's fine because as I already explained (and the gist was that) what you say doesn't count. :D

Yet you keep responding. Are you in the habit of responding to those you believe don't matter?
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Troglodyte

Postby Troglodyte » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:44 pm

Wabash wrote:I'm hoping more people move there. The sooner the better.

Then you'll see all the productive workers in Texas, and we'll be stuck with all state workers and welfare recipients.. We're almost there now...
I don't suffer from any mental illnesses.. I enjoy them..

oceanvue

Postby oceanvue » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:13 pm

My wife is a mercenary CPA/forensic accountant/ fixer of accounting problems, they have a team kind of like the A team with different skills, Same thing she did in California. She's got he finger on the pulse of the vibrancy of work flow, growth and success of the businesses that hire her and her team. She knows. They are booked up in way in advance and among the many differences between California and Texas she says the workforce is younger here, is more educated here, is more productive here, and they talk funny and the businesses for the most part are thriving and they can't find enough good people AND they pay at or above the pay scale that the struggling companies in OC/LA/SD would pay their employees

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:20 am

"The Adams Golf headquarters in Plano, Texas, will be shuttered with business eventually being consolidated at TaylorMade's headquarters in Southern California, according to a statement from The Adidas Group (parent of TaylorMade-adidas, Ashworth, and Adams Golf)."

Read more: http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/taylo ... z3AfOwRFVo

Just sayin'. :mrgreen:

Is Jan Norman still working for the Register? Is there still a Register?
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Troglodyte

Postby Troglodyte » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:37 am

Maybe all the golf courses in Texas dried up and blew away.. :wink:
Funny, the OC Register fronted an article on vigilantes outing "water wasters" LINK posting people's images on web pages and snitching us off to the government, but not word one about golf courses. Mile Square course was gushing this morning the whole time I was at breakfast at Denney's across the street, a good solid hour starting at 6AM.. Might be a little soggy and the greens a bit slow.
I still don't understand how people can claim they play golf for fun and relaxation, yet get so steamed and frustrated at the same time. --:--
Strolling down at the beach and watching the bikini posers is more relaxing and the only frustration I feel is that I'm no longer 20.. :lol:
If I get steamed, there's always a quick cool off dip and catch a few waves.. Now that's relaxing..
BTW, here's to all the inlanders who play golf, Thanks for not coming to the beach.. :cheers:
I don't suffer from any mental illnesses.. I enjoy them..

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:16 am

Even worse, a lot of people in South OC pay over a hundred dollars a round to get steamed and frustrated. --:--

There's a bill in the state legislature that would force City Halls to keep their lawns as brown as they're asking us to keep ours. I heard a discussion about it on the radio a few days ago. One of the callers said Irvine's is one of the worst of them. She said she and some friends from work decided to eat their lunch on it once and got chased off. The motto the water conservation guest used was "if the only person who walks on it is the guy who mows it, it shouldn't be a lawn."
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:31 am

Still lots of lawn in LWV...but we're working on that. :mrgreen:
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Return to “The Economy”