Not enough workers in USA to fill Manufacturing Jobs

barstow wiz

Re: Not enough workers in USA to fill Manufacturing Jobs

Postby barstow wiz » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:36 pm

Troglodyte wrote:I love most technology.. Can't quite see the sense in texting and tweeting though.
A phone call is more personal, direct, and gets the job done quicker.

All these "new fangled" machines are great, but what are we gonna do when no one knows how they operate, or how to operate without them?? I had to laugh last week. I popped into the local liquor store to get my wife some Lotto tickets and me a jug of Johnny Walker's finest. The power went out, and everything came to a dead stand still. The clerk couldn't scan anything, couldn't make change, nothing. Business was dead in the water because there was no provision for a backup system (hand writen)... I noticed the owner had an order pad next to the register the next time I went in. When I asked Inron if the clerk knew how to use them, he gave a disgusted shrug of his shoulders. --:--

in case you haven't noticed, if we lose electricity, that will be the least of your worries. how do you think we get the water out of the ground? or the gas out of the pumps? and your worried about some jw. :lol:

:)

Troglodyte

Postby Troglodyte » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:19 am

barstow wiz wrote:in case you haven't noticed, if we lose electricity, that will be the least of your worries. how do you think we get the water out of the ground? or the gas out of the pumps? and your worried about some jw. :lol:

When you can't get water, gas, or watch TV, the only things left are the little lady and Johnny Black.. :wink:
Oooops.. A threesome?? Is that Kinky???
I don't suffer from any mental illnesses.. I enjoy them..

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:24 am

Are concolences in order, Trog? I though you had three hotties living with you. :shrug:
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Troglodyte

Postby Troglodyte » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:10 pm

Parrotpaul wrote:Are concolences in order, Trog? I though you had three hotties living with you. :shrug:

Four, Paul.. But I didn't want to get you too down in the mouth...
But condolences may be in order. I can only handle them one at a time anymore.:wink:

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:16 pm

Troglodyte wrote:Four, Paul.. But I didn't want to get you too down in the mouth...
But condolences may be in order. I can only handle them one at a time anymore.:wink:

Shoulda laid off the Blue label...two is practice...three is the main event....I like the fourth to stand by in case she needs to spell one of the other three.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Troglodyte

Postby Troglodyte » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:22 am

Parrotpaul wrote:Shoulda laid off the Blue label...two is practice...three is the main event....I like the fourth to stand by in case she needs to spell one of the other three.

When God was handing out sex life man complained that he only got 20 yearsl
The monkey said man can have 10 of my years.
The donkey threw in anothewr 10 years
as did the parrot and the lion.
ever since that day man has spent 10 years monkeying around, 10 years making an ass of himself, 10 years talking about, it and 10 years lying.. Which phase are you in, number three???... :lol:

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:24 am

I don't remember.

SoMelo

Postby SoMelo » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:27 pm

[offtopic]Man did this topic take a turn... --:--[/offtopic]

Troglodyte

Postby Troglodyte » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:15 pm

Seems some of the peop[le in this forum don't want to know that we lost 15,000 manufactuiring jobs last month. That might upset their support of Obama..

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:36 am

Trog....."seems" is your favorite word. You love that word. Seems this.......

"The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics has reported more than 3 million unfilled private-sector jobs monthly since November. Those openings included 694,000 in education and health services and 660,000 in professional and business services as of July, the latest data available. Factory-job vacancies totaled 271,000." <SNIP>

"Government figures understate the factory shortage, according to a September 2011 report by Deloitte LLP for the National Association of Manufacturers trade group. The report, based on a survey of 1,123 executives, estimated that there were 600,000 unfilled U.S. jobs in manufacturing."<SNIP>

"The shortage of skilled manufacturing employees will only deepen once U.S. economic growth returns to a normal pace, said Craig Giffi, a Deloitte vice chairman and one of the report’s authors. U.S. gross domestic product grew 1.8 percent in 2011, compared with Federal Reserve Bank policy makers’ long-term forecast of 2.2 percent to 3 percent"<SNIP>

"Health-care employment grew unabated amid the deepest U.S. slump in six decades, and students see computers and information technology as industries of the future, Green said. Meanwhile, Labor Department data show that even with a gain of 484,000 jobs since January 2010, manufacturing employment stood at about 11.9 million in September, down from 17.2 million in 2000.

“The harder sell is in manufacturing,” Green said. “For a period of time there’s been this sense that American manufacturing has disappeared.”

Companies are looking to fill the skills gap. Caterpillar, for example, has created in-house courses in partnership with community colleges to help solve the shortage."
<SNIP>

link

Troglodyte

Postby Troglodyte » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:28 am

Parrotpaul wrote:Trog....."seems" is your favorite word. You love that word. Seems this.......

"The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics has reported more than 3 million unfilled private-sector jobs monthly since November. Those openings included 694,000 in education and health services and 660,000 in professional and business services as of July, the latest data available. Factory-job vacancies totaled 271,000." <SNIP>

"Government figures understate the factory shortage, according to a September 2011 report by Deloitte LLP for the National Association of Manufacturers trade group. The report, based on a survey of 1,123 executives, estimated that there were 600,000 unfilled U.S. jobs in manufacturing."<SNIP>

Surprise dip in US jobless rate
Published: Bangkok Post 5/10/2012 at 09:09 PM Online news: News
http://www.bangkokpost.com/business/new ... bless-rate

Manufacturing, one of the bright spots that President Obama has showcased throughout his re-election campaign, shed 16,000 jobs after losing a revised 22,000 in August, and construction jobs grew by 5,000. The number of temporary jobs, a harbinger of future growth, fell by 2,000.[size=150][b][/quote]

Seems ( :wink: )to be a huge difference in accounting here.. If we lost 38,000 manufacturing jobs in two months, how fan there be that many manufactuiring job openings unfilled? Either someone is counting oranges among the apples, or the people who lost those manufracturing jobs can't qualify for the job openings. Whatever, it seems ( :wink: ) that there are 38,000 former manufacturing workers who had their jobs pulled out from under them.

Seems is a very good word meaning it looks this way, but can't be explained logically with the data provided. :lol:

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:18 am

Seems to be data from an obscure newspaper from a place most people couldn't find on a map.

What problem do you have with BLS data, or are you simply genetically programmed to be contrary about everything?

Troglodyte

Postby Troglodyte » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:52 am

Parrotpaul wrote:Seems to be data from an obscure newspaper from a place most people couldn't find on a map.

What problem do you have with BLS data, or are you simply genetically programmed to be contrary about everything?

jUST WHO SEEMS TO BE CONTRARY HERE, PAUL??
Did you even read the openning sentence before you attacked your keyboard?
""The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics has reported" :wink:
I'mk pretty sure the Thai's don't have a U.S. Bureau of labor statistics in their country.

Return to “The Economy”