Two-thirds of jobs go to immigrants during Obama’s 4 years

Brooke

Two-thirds of jobs go to immigrants during Obama’s 4 years

Postby Brooke » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:53 am

Two-thirds of those who have found employment under President Obama are immigrants, both legal and illegal, according to an analysis that suggests immigration has soaked up a large portion of what little job growth there has been over the past three years.

“It’s extraordinary that most of the employment growth in the last four years has gone to the foreign-born, but what’s even more extraordinary is the issue has not even come up during a presidential election that is so focused on jobs,” said Steven A. Camarota, the center’s research director, who wrote the report along with demographer Karen Zeigler.

His numbers are stark: Since the first quarter of 2009, the number of immigrants of working age (16 to 65) who are employed has risen 2 million, from 21.2 million to 23.2 million. During the same time, native-born employment has risen just 1 million, to reach 119.9 million.

It’s a trend years in the making: Immigrants are working more, and native-born Americans are working less.

In 2000, 76 percent of natives aged 18 to 65 were employed, but that dropped steadily to 69 percent this September. By contrast, immigrants started the last decade at 71 percent employment and rose to a peak of 74 percent at the height of the George W. Bush-era economic boom. They since have slid down to 69 percent amid the sluggish economy.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... z2BHkZdbGx

Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?

Wabash

Re: Two-thirds of jobs go to immigrants during Obama’s 4 yea

Postby Wabash » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:58 am

Could be immigrants are willing to do the work Americans won't. I don't see a whole lot of unemployed folks trying to get jobs working in the fields picking crops.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Brooke

Postby Brooke » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:00 pm

How would you know what and when crops are ready to be picked or harvested? Are you in a farming area?
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:05 pm

Like the rest of those who are educated, he took courses in that stuff, Brooke.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Return to “The Economy”