Where is Obama’s deficit reduction budget?

Donray

Postby Donray » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:34 am

Obama just wants a tax and spend bill. Where are the deficit reducing items that he wants that goes along with a tax increase? He should be saying that he wants to have $2.00 of spending cuts for every dollar of added tax revenues. Instead of leading, he is out of the country or going on campaign stops. When is Obama going to start wheeling and dealing or does he want to do nothing? Obama and the Democrats are the ones saying no to any spending cuts. The Republicans have said they would go along with reducing the tax on the middle class.

I guess Obama wants to deal with cuts and tax reform next year or sometime in the future. Why doesn’t he propose that if the tax cuts he wants gets passed this year he will cut one trillion by April 1, 2013 or all tax rates will revert to what they were under Clinton.

Obama is pretending he is the Egyptian leader and everyone needs to do what he wants.

Wabash

Re: Where is Obama’s deficit reduction budget?

Postby Wabash » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:26 am

The Republican proposals are programs that have been shown to not work. Obama has made it clear he won't be negotiating against himself.

Obama’s proposals include a $1.6 trillion in increased taxes on the rich over the next decade, $400 billion in savings in Medicare and other social programs, $50 billion in stimulus spending to begin next year, and an end to current debt ceiling rules. This is not new or radical, it reflects the very same same policies Obama advanced for years and promoted extensively on the campaign trail.

Republicans are feigning shock that Obama is proposing to implement the very same policies that Americans voted for in November, as they seek to define his second term agenda and bolster their own negotiating position. Meanwhile, they have yet to offer their own detailed proposal to avert the cliff.

The best part is the GOP is scrambling. All Obama has to do is wait for the Bush tax cuts to expire at the end of this month. The so called fiscal cliff is a noose the GOP weaved for themselves when they put an expiration date on the Bush tax cuts thinking they would eventually be approved in perpetuity.
Last edited by John Q. Public on Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed the pointless quote
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Troglodyte

Postby Troglodyte » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:31 pm

Wabash, do you relly believe that Obama 'saving' a $trillion over 10 years, as he proposes, while borrowing over one Trillion a year is gonna work any better??
As for Obama's pipedream of increasing the tax revenue by $1.6Trillion per year is unrealistic without BKing this country. It ain't gonna happen..
Both you, and Team Obama proves that you don't understand basic economics.
I don't suffer from any mental illnesses.. I enjoy them..

Brooke

Postby Brooke » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:58 pm

Obama has a habit of being gone when he should be doing his job or explaining his blunders, gaffes, and mistakes.

He really is a shrewd and conniving person, apparently the left doesn't want to see it or perhaps they approve of his low-life tactics.
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:33 pm

Liar.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:44 pm

Brooke wrote:Obama has a habit of being gone when he should be doing his job or explaining his blunders, gaffes, and mistakes.

He really is a shrewd and conniving person, apparently the left doesn't want to see it or perhaps they approve of his low-life tactics.

I approve.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:45 pm

Troglodyte wrote:Wabash, do you relly believe that Obama 'saving' a $trillion over 10 years, as he proposes, while borrowing over one Trillion a year is gonna work any better??
As for Obama's pipedream of increasing the tax revenue by $1.6Trillion per year is unrealistic without BKing this country. It ain't gonna happen..
Both you, and Team Obama proves that you don't understand basic economics.

Funny how concerned conservatives are now concerned about deficits and debt AFTER they enacted Medicare Part D and two wars without paying for them.

Let me know when you want to discuss this issue in a serious tone.

Donray

Postby Donray » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:22 am

Wabash wrote:Republicans are feigning shock that Obama is proposing to implement the very same policies that Americans voted for in November, as they seek to define his second term agenda and bolster their own negotiating position. Meanwhile, they have yet to offer their own detailed proposal to avert the cliff.

The best part is the GOP is scrambling. All Obama has to do is wait for the Bush tax cuts to expire at the end of this month. The so called fiscal cliff is a noose the GOP weaved for themselves when they put an expiration date on the Bush tax cuts thinking they would eventually be approved in perpetuity.

First off, where on the ballot did we have a vote for tax and spend? Obama wanted to balance the budget and cut the deficit or am I wrong? Now all he wants is a tax increase. Tell me what cuts Obama and Dems are proposing right now? Obama is doing his typical put off reform until 2018 or so. The only thing Obama said about the economy was that was going to redistribute the wealth. 47% of Obama voters are the people that pay no taxes so they of course want money from others.

What about everyone paying their fair share? You and Obama believe in having the top 2% support the 47% of people that pay no federal taxes and most likely are just takers. I happen to believe everyone should pay, not just the successful people. I have no objection to having pay more taxes as long as there are spending cuts that exceed the added revenue. No more borrowing.

I guess you missed the part of when Obama said he was going to reduce spending? Or, are you saying that Obama is a lying son of a bitch and now only wants to increase taxes without the promised cuts?

Obama has had 12 months to reach a deal and he put it off to the last month.

Do you agree that Obama did say he wanted to cut spending and fix SS and Medicare?

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:52 am

Donray wrote:First off, where on the ballot did we have a vote for tax and spend? Obama wanted to balance the budget and cut the deficit or am I wrong? Now all he wants is a tax increase. Tell me what cuts Obama and Dems are proposing right now? Obama is doing his typical put off reform until 2018 or so. The only thing Obama said about the economy was that was going to redistribute the wealth. 47% of Obama voters are the people that pay no taxes so they of course want money from others.

You clearly do not have any idea on how the electoral process works. More importantly he has proposed about $400B in entitlement spending cuts. A little Google research will tell you what cuts Obama has proposed. Your 47% comment is pretty funny when one considers the demographic that is in that group. Please keep up with the Faux Nooz talking points. It's working real well for conservatives.

Donray wrote:What about everyone paying their fair share? You and Obama believe in having the top 2% support the 47% of people that pay no federal taxes and most likely are just takers. I happen to believe everyone should pay, not just the successful people. I have no objection to having pay more taxes as long as there are spending cuts that exceed the added revenue. No more borrowing.

Only if you believe the top 2% should pay a lesser percentage.

Donray wrote:I guess you missed the part of when Obama said he was going to reduce spending? Or, are you saying that Obama is a lying son of a bitch and now only wants to increase taxes without the promised cuts?

Which he has done. The deficit is hundreds of billions of dollars less than when he took office.

Donray wrote:Obama has had 12 months to reach a deal and he put it off to the last month.

As did the GOP leadership.

Donray wrote:Do you agree that Obama did say he wanted to cut spending and fix SS and Medicare?

Yes. You may have missed it, but last Nov. 6, Obama won.

Troglodyte

Postby Troglodyte » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:37 am

This thread is about the economy, Wabash, not the electoral college..

As far as googling Obama's deficit reduction plan.. Kinda hard when Team Obama refuses to disclose one.
Seems all they want to talk about is raising taxes, not cut spending..

NOTES FROM THE CLIFF
The Orange County Register
Published: Dec. 3, 2012 12:00 a.m.
http://www.ocregister.com/news/boehner- ... nding.html

Last week, the White House delivered to Capitol Hill its opening plan: $1.6 trillion in higher taxes over a decade, hundreds of billions of dollars in new spending, a possible extension of the temporary Social Security payroll tax cut and enhancing the president's power to raise the national debt limit.

In exchange, the president would back $600 billion in spending cuts, including $350 billion from Medicare and other health programs. But he also wants $200 billion in new spending for jobless benefits, public works projects and aid for struggling homeowners. His proposal for raising the ceiling on government borrowing would make it virtually impossible for Congress to block him.
(ala Egypt's president's move???)

Inthe meantime.... Didn't Obama disparage Germany's economic plan in 2009 and claim his was better??

Germany sees balanced budget in 2012
Published: Bangkok Post: 3/12/2012 at 11:47 PM Online news: World
http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/world/3 ... et-in-2012

Germany said Monday it will balance its budget two years earlier than expected as its relative resilience to the debt crisis has enabled it to enjoy higher tax revenues and lower financing costs.

joefutbol

Postby joefutbol » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:48 am

Troglodyte wrote:Inthe meantime.... Didn't Obama disparage Germany's economic plan in 2009 and claim his was better??

Germany sees balanced budget in 2012

Germany said Monday it will balance its budget two years earlier than expected as its relative resilience to the debt crisis has enabled it to enjoy higher tax revenues and lower financing costs.

So you are saying Germany's is better?

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:14 am

Troglodyte wrote:This thread is about the economy, Wabash, not the electoral college..

As far as googling Obama's deficit reduction plan.. Kinda hard when Team Obama refuses to disclose one.
Seems all they want to talk about is raising taxes, not cut spending..

There is significant cost cutting in his budget plan. You may want to read sources other than Fox News.

Troglodyte wrote:Germany sees balanced budget in 2012

Then let's adopt the German model of health care and austerity that also involved raising taxes. I'm in, how about you?
Last edited by Wabash on Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

joefutbol

Postby joefutbol » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:18 am

Wabash wrote:Then let's adopt the German model of health care and austerity that also involved raising taxes. I'm in, how about you?

45% top tax rate and 42% on anything above $53,000? over 30% on dividends and capital gains? I feel like an idiot for complaining about how high our taxes are and how they kill growth. Germany has all the answers, once again.

Troglodyte

Postby Troglodyte » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:49 am

Back in 2009 Obama tried to convince Merckle to spend Germany's way out of the depression.
Merckle refused saying it was the absolute wrong way to go about it.
Now, 4 years later, Germany is looking at a balanced budget. We, however, are $4+Trillion further in debt and Obama wants to raise the debt ceiling another $2.4Trillion this year.and cut congress out of the decission making process..
I, and probably most other American, would go along with higher tax rartes, if we could have the same benefits that Germany provides, as long as our government adopts The more logical accounting methods that Germany applies and keeps the spending on a saner level. As it is our tax money is thrown around at every whim of both parties and we get deeper in debt by the day without any improvement or let up..
Kinda like giving money to a teenager who has no idea of a budget or the future..

joefutbol

Postby joefutbol » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:08 am

Doesn't Germany spend over 30% of GDP on all those "entitlement" programs?

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:11 am

Troglodyte wrote:I, and probably most other American, would go along with higher tax rartes, if we could have the same benefits that Germany provides, as long as our government adopts The more logical accounting methods that Germany applies and keeps the spending on a saner level. As it is our tax money is thrown around at every whim of both parties and we get deeper in debt by the day without any improvement or let up..
Kinda like giving money to a teenager who has no idea of a budget or the future..

Current conservative policy does not agree with you.

Regardless, the GOP is backed into a corner. Claiming they want to balance the budget solely through spending cuts. Yet they have yet to name the programs they want cut.

Troglodyte

Postby Troglodyte » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:54 pm

joefutbol wrote:Doesn't Germany spend over 30% of GDP on all those "entitlement" programs?

Germany appears to be more frugal with their "entitlement" programs..
They don't have anywhere near the waste, fraud, and mismanagement we do.
Our fearless leaders acknowlege we have all kinds of "problems" in our programs, but never really get around to fixing them Unless it's a short time show around election time. Then they tend to make them so complicated and convoluted that the waste is harder to spot.

Troglodyte

Postby Troglodyte » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:06 pm

Wabash wrote: Current conservative policy does not agree with you.

Regardless, the GOP is backed into a corner. Claiming they want to balance the budget solely through spending cuts. Yet they have yet to name the programs they want cut.

Unfortunately I don't agree with a lot of what's defined as present "conservative" policy either.
I tend to be more liberarian. Lose the hard line Christian stance and the frat boy partisanship.

I guess you haven't been paying attention.. The GOP wants to cut IRS deductions, raise the SS age for retirement, tighten up qualifications for MediCare, and clean up the waste in a lot of programs such as farm subsidies, and other tax breaks.
At least that's a lot better than the dems wanting to raise taxes now, and they'll get back to us later about spending. (per Geitner and th eWhite House.)

AsIfYouKnew

Postby AsIfYouKnew » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:14 pm

You do realize that Germany's defense budget is nothing compared to ours, right?
When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.
Jonathan Swift

http://www.civilityinamerica.org/en/index.html

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:05 am

Troglodyte wrote:Unfortunately I don't agree with a lot of what's defined as present "conservative" policy either.
I tend to be more liberarian. Lose the hard line Christian stance and the frat boy partisanship.

I guess you haven't been paying attention.. The GOP wants to cut IRS deductions, raise the SS age for retirement, tighten up qualifications for MediCare, and clean up the waste in a lot of programs such as farm subsidies, and other tax breaks.
At least that's a lot better than the dems wanting to raise taxes now, and they'll get back to us later about spending. (per Geitner and th eWhite House.)

Only proving the GOP is not interested in balancing the budget. Their ideas have been shown to be historically ineffective and the math (which is simple math at that) doesn't come close to being close to the number they claim will be achieved.

Their counteroffer is a regurgitation of their willingness to raise $800 billion in new revenue from unspecified tax reforms along with a proposal to cut $300 billion in discretionary spending and $900 billion in entitlements. They offer no details whatsoever to explain how they would achieve any of these targets. They also say they want to continue all spending cuts included in the Budget Control Act last year, which presumably means the sequester would remain in effect.

Return to “The Economy”