Majority Doesn't "Have A Right To Steal My Money

sbayhills

Majority Doesn't "Have A Right To Steal My Money

Postby sbayhills » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:34 am

Peter Schiff: Majority Doesn't "Have A Right To Steal My Money Just Because They Voted For It"

CNBC's Eamon Javers reports the latest developments on "fiscal cliff" talks in Washington, and debating the financial benefits of raising taxes on the wealthy, with Peter Schiff, Euro Pacific Capital CEO, and Richard Brodsky, Demos senior fellow.

PETER SCHIFF: First of all, I'm in the top two percent. Right now, I'm paying 45% of my total income in income taxes, both to the state of Connecticut and to the federal government, and if you take the 3% Medicare tax. After the tax hikes go into effect next year, more than half -- more than half of my total income is going to go to the government. You tell me, what's fair about that when medieval serfs pay 25%, I'm paying half? I don't care what the majority voted to do, they don't have a right to steal my money just because they vote for it.

###

SCHIFF: You know what the wealthy are going to do? They're going to invest more abroad, they're not going to work as hard, they're not going to pay as much in taxes, they're not going to employ as many people. They're employees are going to pay all the taxes.

http://realclearpolitics.com/video/2012 ... or_it.html

Parrotpaul

Re: Majority Doesn't "Have A Right To Steal My Money

Postby Parrotpaul » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:50 am

Is this some sort of "eureka" message from which we are supposed to glean truth, sbh?
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Troglodyte

Postby Troglodyte » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:14 am

The truth is that the "Community Actist" has us declaring war on eachother. The "uniter" ??? :puke:
It's like stopping to give a buck to the "homeless' guy on the street corner, and he calls you greedy and demands more.
I don't suffer from any mental illnesses.. I enjoy them..

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:22 am

Clearly Mr. Schiff has never read the Constitution

Specifically Article I, Section 8:

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States...

It's a fascinating document. Truly one of the great pieces of writing that addresses governance.

You should read it.

He claims the wealthy are going to invest abroad. Fun stuff, wait till they get hit with the taxes in those countries.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Troglodyte

Postby Troglodyte » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:46 am

First they drove the businesses overseas, now the capitalists, gonna be hard to balance the budget with only government employees and welfare recipients to tax.
When the government finds out that they won't collect anywhere near what they expected from the 2% "rich", they are gonna start looking real hard at the next group- down, the moderately well off, those earning over $75K.
Obama has started the big downhill skid for the entire US..

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:53 am

Sure a lot of whining considering they're only talking about ending a temporary tax cut.

"I like paying taxes, with them I buy civilization.” - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Troglodyte

Postby Troglodyte » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:07 am

John Q. Public wrote:Sure a lot of whining considering they're only talking about ending a temporary tax cut.

So Obama keeps his promise not to raise taxes on the middle class, he just eliminates the "tax cut".. :mex:
Charles Kadlec: Tax hikes on rich also hurt the 98%

People generally don't mind paying a fair price for goods and/or services.. But when we are paying for a Cadillac and getting a Yugo while watching the 47%ers driving off with Navigators, tempers do start to flare.

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:45 am

Troglodyte wrote:
People generally don't mind paying a fair price for goods and/or services.. But when we are paying for a Cadillac and getting a Yugo while watching the 47%ers driving off with Navigators, tempers do start to flare.

Drug test all Navigator drivers.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:49 am

John Q. Public wrote:Sure a lot of whining considering they're only talking about ending a temporary tax cut.

No kidding. Yet they idolize nations with much higher taxation.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

joefutbol

Postby joefutbol » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:35 am

Troglodyte wrote:First they drove the businesses overseas, now the capitalists, gonna be hard to balance the budget with only government employees and welfare recipients to tax.
When the government finds out that they won't collect anywhere near what they expected from the 2% "rich", they are gonna start looking real hard at the next group- down, the moderately well off, those earning over $75K.
Obama has started the big downhill skid for the entire US..

Who drove businesses overseas?

Troglodyte

Postby Troglodyte » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:59 pm

joefutbol wrote:
Who drove businesses overseas?

the constant tax increases, nanny regulations, annd fees, penalties and laws..
All coming from our overseers, the libs..

The 8 most feared words in the English language "I'm from the government.'Im here to help."

joefutbol

Postby joefutbol » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:13 pm

Troglodyte wrote:the constant tax increases, nanny regulations, annd fees, penalties and laws..

The 8 most feared words in the English language "I'm from the government.'Im here to help."

Well, I've asked for examples of fees, penalties, and laws several times in the past with no results, so I won't go there. However, just note that Republicans had control of the Senate from 1995-2009 and the House all but four of the last 18 years. They also had the Presidency for eight of those years, of which the House and Senate were both Republican-controlled for all of them (with the exception of the House from 2007-2009).

I guess Apple is making a big mistake then -- http://www.businessweek.com/news/2012-1 ... -cook-says

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:12 pm

Troglodyte wrote:So Obama keeps his promise not to raise taxes on the middle class, he just eliminates the "tax cut"...

...for the top 2%, exactly! Now that wasn't so hard, was it?
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:14 pm

Troglodyte wrote:the constant tax increases, nanny regulations, annd fees, penalties and laws..

You must have missed who was in control of congress from 1994 to 2006. Then the House from 2010 till now.

Then remind us who was in control of the senate from 1994 to 2006. And who was president from Jan. 2001 to Jan. 2009.

Your statement shows the typical disconnect from reality.

Troglodyte

Postby Troglodyte » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:35 am

The reality is I worked hard for whatever I have, I'm damned sure not going to turn it over to the terminally lazy parasites just because they demand it. F**k them...
As for the rest of your usual anti GOP BS... :-({|=

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:07 pm

Troglodyte wrote:The reality is I worked hard for whatever I have, I'm damned sure not going to turn it over to the terminally lazy parasites just because they demand it. F**k them...
As for the rest of your usual anti GOP BS... :-({|=

Who are these parasites? Military pensioners? Social Security and Medicare recipients?

Please be more specific than your usual fact free hyperbole.

The GOP wants the president to negotiate against himself. Obama isn't doing that because he knows he is holding all the cards.

It's going to be fun watching the GOP get blamed for raising taxes on the middle class to protect the top 2%. Given Boehner's speech on the House floor this morning, one can sense the desperation in his tone as the clock ticks down.

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:28 am

Majority Doesn't "Have A Right To Steal My Money...you have to love how sbh contributes to the thread he created......he makes it personal (claims someone is stealing HIS money) then heads for the hills....'smatta sbh...figure out no one is stealing your money? If you can't defend your position, stop pulling a "Red" and dumping junk onto the board then running away...thanks. :cheers:

Troglodyte

Postby Troglodyte » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:02 am

OH??? You'd rather keep it anonymous so it sounds like no one gets the short stick??
The freeloaders hurt everyone and their families who earns a living..

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:06 pm

What short stick is sbh getting, Trog? Are you also getting some sort of short stick? Anyone else around here getting a short stick? HELLO....SHORT STICKERS.....SHOW YOURSELVES. I know Red is a short stick guy....hurl mentioned that at a party once.... :mrgreen:

Trog thinks short stickers should out themselves as sbh did.

joefutbol

Postby joefutbol » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:37 pm

That depends on which stick you're talking about.

Return to “The Economy”