Obama does not like his spending cuts now

Donray

Obama does not like his spending cuts now

Postby Donray » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:28 pm

Obama approved the spending cuts (Obama's sequester ideas) and now doesn't like it. Why did Obama approve or at least say sometime before November that he wants to renege on has spending cuts?

Another flip flop from the great Obama.

Wabash

Re: Obama does not like his spending cuts now

Postby Wabash » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:31 pm

I'm hoping the sequester goes through. The wailing from the conservative business community will be deafening.

One of the great ironies of my life has been listening to those who complain about government and taxation were the ones whose livelihood was totally dependent on government contracts and hence the taxation of others.

By contrast, the so called "liberal" entertainment types I've met were very liberal and had to actually produce a product and then pray someone would buy it. The trait of a free market mindset.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Donray

Postby Donray » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:40 am

Obama still blaming the Republicans for his Sequester cuts. Now he drags out all the actors as police to stand behind him when he goes with the typical liberal reteric about "if we cut anything we will not have police, firemen, or teachers". Obama has been lying for over four years now and the majority of people don't care.

Where is Obama’s list of cuts?

Actually, the proposed cuts are not cuts since the spending will actually increase.

Greece here we come.

How many people on this site borrow money every month to pay their bills? Obama thinks that is a great idea, just borrow more and more money until we cannot borrow anymore.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:03 am

Don't look at me, I just work here.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:48 am

John Q. Public wrote:Image

:yeahthat:
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Donray

Postby Donray » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:14 pm

Why do you think you are wrong most of te time?

Troglodyte

Postby Troglodyte » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:59 pm

Of course Obama doesn't like the spending cuts. Not when he can force the GOP to extend the debt limits by blaming them if the US defaults..
Guess he thinks he, the democrats, and the US are too big to fail too.. China's grip on our leash is getting stronger and tighter.
I don't suffer from any mental illnesses.. I enjoy them..

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:05 pm

Troglodyte wrote:Of course Obama doesn't like the spending cuts. Not when he can force the GOP to extend the debt limits by blaming them if the US defaults..
Guess he thinks he, the democrats, and the US are too big to fail too.. China's grip on our leash is getting stronger and tighter.

Who can argue with that?

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:46 am

Sez here that 31% of Americans agree with Donray. 49% don't.

http://www.people-press.org/2013/02/21/ ... er-happen/

Luca

Postby Luca » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:10 pm

So long as it is ideologically acceptable.........

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:11 pm

[mod="John Q. Public"]Wabash and Sbayhills - Stop trashing our threads with your off-topic posts and accusations. We've been over all of that, we're tired of it, get over it.

Next time this will be a warning.[/mod]

tLIB

Postby tLIB » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:06 am

Troglodyte wrote:Of course Obama doesn't like the spending cuts. Not when he can force the GOP to extend the debt limits by blaming them if the US defaults..

I don't think Obama is forcing the GOP to extend the debt limit. I agree with Wabash - I want to see sequestration.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:19 am

tLIB wrote:
I don't think Obama is forcing the GOP to extend the debt limit. I agree with Wabash - I want to see sequestration.

I just read an article where Orrin Hatch was addressing a group of constituents. Hatch stated that he believes sequestration should occur while in the next sentence detailing how it will be devastating to the local economy surrounding Hill AFB (located in his home state) and our nation's readiness. This is exemplary of the muddled message coming from the GOP. GOP officials believe next week's sequester will hurt the country, but intend to impose this punishment on the country anyway. I'm sure Hatch's constituents that depend on their livelihoods from the economic impact of that facilities payroll to the local economy are grateful for his leadership.

Troglodyte

Postby Troglodyte » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:33 pm

It is precisely the congressmen's insistance that redundant military bases here, and around the world, be kept open that drives up the pentagon budget.
The after effect of sequestration just might be that the country can survive that and move on.
All government expenditures need to be audited for need, efficiency, and effect..
I don't suffer from any mental illnesses.. I enjoy them..

Return to “The Economy”