Who Killed the Middle Class?

Brooke

Postby Brooke » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:23 am

At the State of the Union speech Obama said, “And tonight, I am announcing that we will launch talks on a comprehensive Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership with the European Union — because trade that is free and fair across the Atlantic supports millions of good-paying American jobs.”

China now exports 6.3 times as much in manufactured goods to the United States, $417 billion’s worth, as we export to China.

Over two decades, Republicans in the lead, America granted Beijing most favored nation status, then permanent normal trade relations. Then we squired Beijing into the World Trade Organization.

And since the courtship began, the trade surpluses China has run with the United States have enriched, empowered and emboldened her so that, today, brimming with ethnonational arrogance, China has laid claim to all the islands in the South and East China seas and is telling the U.S. Navy to stay out of the Yellow Sea and Formosa Strait.
http://buchanan.org/blog/who-killed-the ... class-5488

Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?

Wabash

Re: Who Killed the Middle Class?

Postby Wabash » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:27 am

:iknow:

Conservative policies of the last 30 years. The biggest myth that is still propogated is that tax cuts create jobs.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Brooke

Postby Brooke » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:05 am

Wabash wrote::iknow:
Conservative policies of the last 30 years. The biggest myth that is still propogated is that tax cuts create jobs.

Come on Wabash, it's more complicated than that. What have democrats done to save American jobs and keep manufacturers in the USA?
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:12 am

Brooke wrote:Come on Wabash, it's more complicated than that. What have democrats done to save American jobs and keep manufacturers in the USA?

I'll answer that question just as soon as you detail which conservative policies of the last 30 years have benefitted the middle class MORE than the upper 1% or corporate interests.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

kramer

Postby kramer » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:23 am

Brooke wrote:Who Killed the Middle Class?

Globalisation.

As long as we keep importing goods from countries with wages a fraction of ours, we are going to lose jobs and send our wealth to other countries in the form of profits on those goods we buy.
“We should have been warned by the CFC/ozone affair because the corruption of science in that was so bad that something like 80% of the measurements being made during that time were either faked, or incompetently done.”

- Scientist James Lovelock

barstow wiz

Postby barstow wiz » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:59 pm

not sure if it's dead or not, but it is dyeing and the gap is certainly growing wider.
blame the rich, blame the poor. doesn't matter. tis our destiny...until Viva la Revolution!
:bonk:
:)

Brooke

Postby Brooke » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:51 am

Wabash wrote:I'll answer that question just as soon as you detail which conservative policies of the last 30 years have benefitted the middle class MORE than the upper 1% or corporate interests.

I blame them all. Who is looking out for the middle class and American jobs?

Who are the idiots who are pushing for an amnesty? How will that benefit Americans and the country? The effects of the 1986 amnesty are still being played out today because of family reunification, which is why most legal immigrants come from Mexico.

Send jobs overseas, bring in cheap foreign labor via work visas and then top it all off with an amnesty for millions of illegals which will allow them to bring in their immediate relatives and access to 76 government programs. Is that a formula for success or is it morons who work on behalf of special interest groups?

What is so sickening is the arrogance of politicians who really believe they are right.

Brooke

Postby Brooke » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:04 pm

kramer wrote:
Globalisation.

As long as we keep importing goods from countries with wages a fraction of ours, we are going to lose jobs and send our wealth to other countries in the form of profits on those goods we buy.

[align=center]Image[/align]
[font=Comic Sans MS][align=center]kramer[/align][/font]

Yay!!! Good job kramer!

Brooke

Postby Brooke » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:09 pm

Since Bush 1, when some of us began to argue loudly that a mindless ideological pursuit of free trade would imperil America’s industrial base, the total of U.S. trade deficits in goods with the world is approaching $10 trillion — 10 thousand billion dollars!

Might this humongous dumping of foreign goods into the U.S.A., killing our factories, and the liberation of our transnational elite to close plants, outsource production, and bring foreign-made goods back free of charge into the U.S. market, have had something to do with killing the middle class?

The U.S. median income stopped growing in the mid-1970s, the same time we began to run 40 straight years of ever-expanding trade deficits.

Every nation seems to understand what our baby boomers were never taught. A trade balance is a measure of national power that reliably identifies rising and falling nations.
http://buchanan.org/blog/who-killed-the ... class-5488

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:15 pm

Brooke wrote:I blame them all. Who is looking out for the middle class and American jobs?

Who are the idiots who are pushing for an amnesty? How will that benefit Americans and the country? The effects of the 1986 amnesty are still being played out today because of family reunification, which is why most legal immigrants come from Mexico.

Send jobs overseas, bring in cheap foreign labor via work visas and then top it all off with an amnesty for millions of illegals which will allow them to bring in their immediate relatives and access to 76 government programs. Is that a formula for success or is it morons who work on behalf of special interest groups?

What is so sickening is the arrogance of politicians who really believe they are right.

Everything you state is driven by the business community and its quest for the almighty ROI.

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:48 pm

Brooke wrote:Who are the idiots who are pushing for an amnesty? How will that benefit Americans and the country?

Don't be so naive, Brooke. The issue is not primarily one of benefiting Americans or right and wrong. You are looking for humanitarian and economic reasons for an issue that is largely political. Whoever leads the charge in providing amnesty/"a pathway to legal status" will secure an overwhelming percentage of a largely homogeneous voting block for one or two generations. Right and wrong and benefits to Americans be damned, it's the votes that matter.

Brooke

Postby Brooke » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:18 pm

MDDad wrote:Don't be so naive, Brooke. The issue is not primarily one of benefiting Americans or right and wrong. You are looking for humanitarian and economic reasons for an issue that is largely political. Whoever leads the charge in providing amnesty/"a pathway to legal status" will secure an overwhelming percentage of a largely homogeneous voting block for one or two generations. Right and wrong and benefits to Americans be damned, it's the votes that matter.

Just curious, when did political become immoral?

When did the job definition of politicians to look out for the best interests of the country and its citizens turn upside down to pandering to special interests whose agendas can be against American interests?

This is what political correctness has done. What a convoluted path it has taken and look where we are. :-xxx

Return to “The Economy”