Bill Maher’s Turn Around on Taxes

Brooke

Postby Brooke » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:29 pm

Last Friday night, Bill Maher spent time on his HBO show blasting away at liberal tax policy. “You know what?” he asked. “Rich people – I’m sure you’d agree with this – actually do pay the freight in this country.” After noting that California’s wealthy carry the vast bulk of the tax burden in the state, he said, “I just want to say liberals – you could actually lose me. It’s outrageous what we’re paying – over 50 percent. I’m willing to pay my share, but yeah, it’s ridiculous.”

This is a far cry from Maher’s 2010 perspective on taxation. Back then, he said, “I’ve done some math that indicates that, considering the hole this country is in, if you are earning more than a million dollars a year and are complaining about a 3.6% tax increase, then you are by definition a greedy a–hole.”
http://frontpagemag.com/2013/ben-shapir ... igh-taxes/

This is great. A liberal who is finally in touch with reality.

Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?

Red

Re: Bill Maher’s Turn Around on Taxes

Postby Red » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:53 pm

I don't understand why you think it's so great. He can say what he wants, however nothing will ever be done about it. The guy is a lying clown.
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:04 pm

No one lies like this clown. Image
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

18echo
Oversight Committee

Postby 18echo » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:20 pm

If he thinks it's bad now, he's not gonna like it when we tax his pot.
"Hoc spatium adsuesco assuesco pro profunda rhetoricam."

Brooke

Postby Brooke » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:35 pm

Red wrote:I don't understand why you think it's so great. He can say what he wants, however nothing will ever be done about it. The guy is a lying clown.

Read it again Red. He is pissed off that he has to turn over about 60% of what he earns to the government.

“I just want to say liberals – you could actually lose me. It’s outrageous what we’re paying – over 50 percent. I’m willing to pay my share, but yeah, it’s ridiculous.”

Meaning that he has finally realized the meaning of liberal policies. Liberals typically agree with more government spending no matter what it is for as long as it is someone else's money that is being spent. Mahr has now been hit between the eyes that he is the guy who is paying the freight for a change.
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:05 pm

You apparently know nothing about Bill Maher either. He's always up front with things that piss him off...that doesn't mean liberals line up with everything Bill Maher says and does...his comments about Sarah Palin being a c*** for example...I'm not a big religious supporter, but Maher sometimes goes over the top with the explication in his rants about Catholics in particular...Christians in general. I never miss a show. Do you ever watch?

NB...it's M-A-H-E-R.

Now check out this for the latest skinny..."What I said is, there is a limit.". Be sure to watch the video.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:11 am

Brooke wrote:Meaning that he has finally realized the meaning of liberal policies. Liberals typically agree with more government spending no matter what it is for as long as it is someone else's money that is being spent.

This is a responsible position to take given that conservatives typically agree with government borrowing no matter what it is for as long as it is someone else's money that is being spent. History has shown the most reckless borrowing occurs when conservatives are president.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Return to “The Economy”