STOP SMOKING POT!

Tommy Tar

STOP SMOKING POT!

Post by Tommy Tar » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:57 am

We are working 12 hours a day, 6 days a week. The boss has been trying to hire extra pressmen to run our printing presses, but 9 out of 10 can't pass the drug test. We ask them if they can pass a drug test before we send them to the drug testing clinic and they always say yes. :-"

I love when they tell us "but dude I got the card" \:D/

P.S.
Todays young workforce is as dumb as a box of rocks. ](*,)
‘I Haven’t Seen Democrats This Mad Since We Freed the Slaves!’..... Rob Schneider.

Parrotpaul

Re: STOP SMOKING POT!

Post by Parrotpaul » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:04 am

Is it any consolation knowing the chemical elements in pot will show up for at least thirty days in a urine test...and perhaps the test just may be interpreted too rigidly without knowing the circumstances of the positive reading? Could the test need to be updated to accommodate those who may have used casually over the past 30 days and not brand them unemployable because they smoked a joint at a party two weeks prior to the drug test?
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

kramer

Post by kramer » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:30 pm

Parrotpaul wrote:Is it any consolation knowing the chemical elements in pot will show up for at least thirty days in a urine test...and perhaps the test just may be interpreted too rigidly without knowing the circumstances of the positive reading? Could the test need to be updated to accommodate those who may have used casually over the past 30 days and not brand them unemployable because they smoked a joint at a party two weeks prior to the drug test?

I thought the elements of pot went away in your urine after two weeks?
“We should have been warned by the CFC/ozone affair because the corruption of science in that was so bad that something like 80% of the measurements being made during that time were either faked, or incompetently done.”

- Scientist James Lovelock

SoMelo

Post by SoMelo » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:16 pm

It depends on how heavy of a USER you are

Brooke

Post by Brooke » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:21 pm

Parrotpaul wrote:Is it any consolation knowing the chemical elements in pot will show up for at least thirty days in a urine test...and perhaps the test just may be interpreted too rigidly without knowing the circumstances of the positive reading? Could the test need to be updated to accommodate those who may have used casually over the past 30 days and not brand them unemployable because they smoked a joint at a party two weeks prior to the drug test?
Are you making excuses for screwballs?
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:45 pm

Why would I do that? You haven't learned yet that I don't suffer fools well at all? It's an unfair test.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:04 pm

kramer wrote:

I think most who have to beat the pee tests play it safe and honor those other 15 days you contend might be superfluous.. The time could even vary with among individuals. Wanna test it? :D The test is an unfair test....it's arbitrary and capricious.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:05 pm

Maybe it's time to stop testing for it. It's legal in 2 states and I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes legal here in the near future.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

18echo
Oversight Committee

Post by 18echo » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:23 pm

Tommy Tar wrote:P.S.
I'd say so:

http://seattletimes.com/html/businesste ... msxml.html
Applicants’ weak math skills sum up problem for those looking to hire
WASHINGTON — Before job-seekers fill out an application for work making foam products for the aerospace industry at General Plastics Manufacturing in Tacoma, they have to take a math test.

Eighteen questions, 30 minutes, Using a calculator is OK.

They are asked how to convert inches to feet, read a tape measure and find the density of a block of foam (mass divided by volume).

Basic middle-school math, right?

But what troubles General Plastics executive Eric Hahn is that although prospective workers must have a high-school education, only one in 10 who take the test pass. And that’s not just bad luck at a single factory or in a single industry.

Hahn, vice president of organizational development, said the poor scores on his company’s math test have been evident for six years. He also sits on an aerospace workforce-training committee and said most other Washington state suppliers in his industry are seeing the same problem.

“You could think that even for production, do you really need to know math?” said Jacey Wilkins, a spokeswoman for the Manufacturing Institute, an affiliate of the National Association of Manufacturers. “But the truth is, you do, because these jobs are incredibly complex and integrate multiple functions and systems.”

Indeed, in working with machinery and making products with precision, “people really do need a basic understanding of math,” she said.

But math is a problem.

The United States ranks below average in math compared with other developed countries and regions participating in the Program for International Student Assessment test.

The National Math and Science Initiative, a group working to improve student performance in science, technology, engineering and math, known as STEM subjects, noted 54 percent of high-school graduates aren’t ready to go on in math. The figure is based on students who took ACT’s “college and career readiness” exam in 2012.
"Hoc spatium adsuesco assuesco pro profunda rhetoricam."

Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:09 am

Tommy Tar wrote:Todays young workforce is as dumb as a box of rocks.
It's not just today. Years ago I applied for a job as a "mechanic" with an internationally known armored courier company. They were looking for a mechanic to maintain their coin-wrapping machines, and despite the fact that I had no professional experience as a mechanic I applied for the job. The test they gave when I applied looked to me like it was taken from a mechanics textbook from the 1940's and consisted of a series of pictures showing pulleys, levers, and other mechanical devices and asked the test taker to identify which way pulleys should turn, which picture accurately showed where a fulcrum belonged, and so forth. A very simple test for anyone with any mechanical experience or knowledge to pass. After I took the test the manager asked me if I could stick around for a telephone interview with the engineers in Atlanta. At the time I was somewhat curious about the barely concealed excitement exhibited by the manager. It wasn't until I'd been there a few years and was promoted that I found out why the manager was excited. I got promoted and it came time to hire a new mechanic, and the manager asked me to interview prospective replacements and give them the test since I had more mechanical knowledge than he had. I was shocked at how many people applied for the job as a mechanic and couldn't pass this very simple test. In the end it turned out the same as when I was hired. We ended up hiring the first guy who passed the test.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

SoMelo

Post by SoMelo » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:28 am

18echo wrote: I'd say so:

But math is a problem.

My youngest son has ALWAYS loved money, whenever he struggled with math in elementary I just put a $ in front of the problem.. He's now majoring in molecular biology (IDK if he ever has to add the $ anymore)

Notorious

Post by Notorious » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:45 am

Tommy Tar wrote:We are working 12 hours a day, 6 days a week. The boss has been trying to hire extra pressmen to run our printing presses, but 9 out of 10 can't pass the drug test. We ask them if they can pass a drug test before we send them to the drug testing clinic and they always say yes. :-"

I love when they tell us "but dude I got the card" \:D/

P.S.
Is it a urine test?

If it is, then it's a waste of money/time for everyone involved.
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:47 am

You'll have to keep an eye on him........ :mrgreen:

Tommy Tar

Post by Tommy Tar » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:32 pm

kramer wrote:

We give them 15 or more day between the time we call them about the job opening and the drug test. Some of these guys have been out of work for years, and they can't lay off the dope for 15 days. #-o
‘I Haven’t Seen Democrats This Mad Since We Freed the Slaves!’..... Rob Schneider.

SoMelo

Post by SoMelo » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:44 am

The company I work drug tests new hires, but once hired card carrying marijuana users are protected. There's a guy (who we affectionately refer to as our department pot head) who submitted his marijuana receipts for HSA reimbursement. I find him amusing only because he doesn't work for me.

Tommy Tar

Post by Tommy Tar » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:34 am

The new pressmen who passed everything was going to start today 7 am.

:shrug:
No show.
No call.

Guys who call in sick on Mondays....................... :cheers: Have other things going on.

Looks like we need to pay more and steal guys from other shops. :slapfight:

Notorious

Post by Notorious » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:42 am

How much are you paying? That often determines the candidates you will receive.
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch

barstow wiz

Post by barstow wiz » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:42 pm

bet one of the potheads woulda showed up!
:lol:
:)

SoMelo

Post by SoMelo » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:52 pm

:-k Perhaps you should hire a pot head and see how productive, efficient and creative they are.