STOP SMOKING POT!

MDDad

Re: STOP SMOKING POT!

Post by MDDad » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:14 pm

Yeah, just what every printer dreams of -- a stoner running the presses. What could go wrong?

barstow wiz

Post by barstow wiz » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:43 pm

SoMelo wrote::-k Perhaps you should hire a pot head and see how productive, efficient and creative they are.
http://blogs.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/201 ... ijuana.php
:shock:
:)

Tommy Tar

Post by Tommy Tar » Fri May 24, 2013 6:21 am

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2013/05/23/1 ... Z918921t74

WASHINGTON — Marijuana is the drug most often linked to crime in the United States, the U.S. drug czar said Thursday, dismissing calls for legalization as a “bumper-sticker approach” that should be avoided.

Gil Kerlikowske, the White House director of national drug-control policy, said a study by his office showed a strong link between drug use and crime. Eighty percent of the adult males arrested for crimes in Sacramento, Calif., last year tested positive for at least one illegal drug. Marijuana was the most commonly detected drug, found in 54 percent of those arrested.

The study found similar results in four other cities: New York, Denver, Atlanta and Chicago. Among the cities, it included examinations of 1,736 urine samples and 1,938 interviews with men who were arrested.

Researchers found that marijuana was the most popular drug used by men who’d been arrested in all the cities, ranging from a low of 37 percent in Atlanta to a high of 58 percent in Chicago. Chicago also had the highest overall positive test results, with 86 percent of the men found to have at least one drug in their bloodstreams. <snip>

:mex:
‘I Haven’t Seen Democrats This Mad Since We Freed the Slaves!’..... Rob Schneider.

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Fri May 24, 2013 7:37 am

From the same source as the above post.....

“The drug czar should be ashamed of himself for attempting to deceive the American people in this manner,” said Steve Fox, the national political director for the Marijuana Policy Project, a pro-legalization group in Washington. “We could release a study tomorrow showing that 98 percent of arrestees in the United States drank water in the 48 hours before they engaged in criminal behavior. Does that mean that water causes crime? Fortunately, the American people are smarter than the drug czar thinks they are.”

Kerlikowske, a former Seattle police chief, has consistently opposed legalization since he became President Barack Obama’s top drug policy adviser in 2009.

His position puts him at odds with two states, Washington and Colorado, that voted in November to legalize marijuana, a controlled substance that remains illegal under federal law. With the Obama administration doing nothing so far to try to stop them, both states are proceeding with plans to begin selling marijuana for recreational use next year.

A third state, Alaska, might follow soon, with legalization supporters aiming to get the measure on the state’s primary ballot in August of next year.

Fox, who’s expecting California and other states to vote on legalizing marijuana in 2016, said the nation’s outdated marijuana laws were turning otherwise law-abiding citizens into criminals. He had a suggestion for the drug czar: “If he wants to reduce crime in the U.S., he should join us in making marijuana legal.”

Read more here: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2013/05/23/1 ... rylink=cpy
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Troglodyte

Post by Troglodyte » Fri May 24, 2013 8:26 am

Tommy Tar wrote:http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2013/05/23/1 ... Z918921t74

WASHINGTON — Marijuana is the drug most often linked to crime in the United States, the U.S. drug czar said Thursday, dismissing calls for legalization as a “bumper-sticker approach” that should be avoided.
AHA.. The evil weed...
I wonder what would happen if he applied those percentages (80%)against the general population who didn't get arrested for crimes.. :wink:

As far as testing goes; I fondly remember going to concerts and parties where I didn't have to bring my own stash, just breathe.. And whenever my kid brother spends a weekend at my place, even today, I couldn't pass one of those tests.. Could they register the difference between an active stoner, and one who "accidently" inhales some secondhand smoke??

PS.. I won't even address the simple math and spacial relationships testing. I'll leave that to Paul and Fordy to explain... :lol:
I don't suffer from any mental illnesses.. I enjoy them..

SoMelo

Post by SoMelo » Fri May 24, 2013 2:38 pm

Tommy Tar wrote:http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2013/05/23/1 ... Z918921t74

:mex:
Weak considering a lot harder drugs stay in your system for a lot less time:

Alcohol 3 - 5 days in urine , 10 - 12 hours in your blood.

Amphetamines 1 - 3 days in urine, around 12 hours in your blood.

Barbiturates 2 - 4 days in urine, 1 - 2 days in your blood.

Benzodiazapines 3 to 6 weeks in urine, 2 - 3 days in your blood.

Cannabis 7 to 30 days in urine, up to two weeks in your blood.

Cocaine 3 - 4 days in urine, 1 - 2 days in your blood.

Codeine 1 day in urine, 12 hours in your blood.

Heroin 3 - 4 days in urine, up to 12 hours in your blood.

LSD – 1 - 3 days in urine, 2 - 3 hours in your blood.

MDMA (ecstasy) 3 - 4 days in urine, 1 - 2 days in your blood.

Methamphetamine (crystal meth) – 3 - 6 days in urine, 24 - 72 hours in your blood.

Methadone – 3 - 4 days in urine, 24 - 36 hours in your blood.

Morphine 2 -3 days in urine, 6 - 8 hours in your blood.

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Fri May 24, 2013 2:46 pm

"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke