Fed study: Tax hikes are slowing the recovery

kramer

Re: Fed study: Tax hikes are slowing the recovery

Post by kramer » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:43 am

Fordama wrote: Because he got those confused, that's why--as I explained in my original post.

Fordama
If he did, his title that tax hikes are slowing the recovery is correct. And that's what this thread is about.
“We should have been warned by the CFC/ozone affair because the corruption of science in that was so bad that something like 80% of the measurements being made during that time were either faked, or incompetently done.”

- Scientist James Lovelock

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:46 am

John Q. Public wrote: Maybe we need to start some kind of Outrage Tracker for our forgetful friends. It was only a month and a half ago that the deficit outrage mysteriously vanished.
I was at a dinner party last Saturday when the TV stated Obama was in Palm Springs. One of the conservative guests stated his concern about the cost of that trip to the taxpayer. I stated it was the same as it was for every other president.

IMO, it chaffs a lot of wingers that a black man has a taxpayer funded jumbo jet at his disposal.

Conservatives only started caring about the presidential lifestyle when a black man became president.

The deficit issue is especially perplexing to many wingers because they were predicting that Obama's policies were going to ruin the economy and put the US into a tailspin from the likes of which our society would never recover.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Fordama

Post by Fordama » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:07 am

kramer wrote:
If he did, his title that tax hikes are slowing the recovery is correct. And that's what this thread is about.
Oh, you forgot. I read the actual paper by the Feds--I'm not going off what a reporter misstated.

Fordama
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

kramer

Post by kramer » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:28 am

Fordama wrote: Oh, you forgot. I read the actual paper by the Feds--I'm not going off what a reporter misstated.

Fordama
He stated that tax hikes are slowing the economy which is what the fed paper said.
“We should have been warned by the CFC/ozone affair because the corruption of science in that was so bad that something like 80% of the measurements being made during that time were either faked, or incompetently done.”

Fordama

Post by Fordama » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:39 pm

kramer wrote:
He stated that tax hikes are slowing the economy which is what the fed paper said.
Then both of you are struggling with past and future tenses.

The password is...projected.

Fordama
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

kramer

Post by kramer » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:12 pm

kramer wrote:
Fordama wrote:Then both of you are struggling with past and future tenses.

The password is...projected.

Fordama
Here's the conclusion of that paper with the very first sentence:
Conclusion

Federal fiscal policy has been [as in the past] a modest headwind to economic growth so far during the recovery.
Here's the title of the article I linked to:
Fed study: Tax hikes, not spending cuts, are slowing the recovery

I don't know what you're missing here but it's clear to me that the title of this OP, the title of the article, and the conclusion of the fed paper agree.

Now there is more to the fed paper and it does mention projected impacts of the tax but that's not what this thread is about. This thread is about those tax hikes have slowed the economy.

I often get the feeling that you like to make up crap like this just for the sake of argument or wasting our time.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:23 pm

kramer wrote: I don't know what you're missing here but it's clear to me that the title of this OP, the title of the article, and the conclusion of the fed paper agree.
"Projected" means the event has not occurred yet and therefore has the possibility of being wrong. Given your demands for exactness (mustard gas shells=WMD found in Iraq, NJ & NY were hit by SUPERstorm Sandy (not Hurricane Sandy)) you can understand the notion of a projection that has yet to be proven as accurate.
Last edited by Wabash on Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Troglodyte

Post by Troglodyte » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:59 pm

John Q. Public wrote: Maybe we need to start some kind of Outrage Tracker for our forgetful friends. It was only a month and a half ago that the deficit outrage mysteriously vanished.
It'll pop back into view in a couple of months when Obama wants to raise the debt limit again..
I don't suffer from any mental illnesses.. I enjoy them..

Troglodyte

Post by Troglodyte » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:01 pm

Fordama wrote:The password is...projected.
The government definition for "projected" is wishful thinking.. :wink:
I don't suffer from any mental illnesses.. I enjoy them..

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:42 pm

kramer wrote:Here's the title of the article I linked to:
Fed study: Tax hikes, not spending cuts, are slowing the recovery

I don't know what you're missing here but it's clear to me that the title of this OP, the title of the article, and the conclusion of the fed paper agree.
They don't. The Fed paper said that tax increases are projected to slow the recovery more than budget cuts will. The writer changed the language to ignore the part budget cuts will play and, of course, to blame the usual suspect.

kramer wrote:
Fordama wrote:
John Q. Public wrote:Do you recount whole conversations in real life?
Don't look at me, I just work here.