The bloom is fading fast...

Troglodyte

The bloom is fading fast...

Post by Troglodyte » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:17 am

US first quarter growth cut to 1.8%
Published Bangkok Post: 26 Jun 2013 at 20.49 Online news: World LINK

The US economy grew only 1.8 percent in the first quarter, the Commerce Department said Wednesday, in a sharp downward revision from the previous estimate of 2.4 percent.

Consumer spending grew only 2.6 percent in the quarter, compared to the previous estimate of 3.4 percent.

Exports shrank 1.1 percent in the quarter, and imports -- which act to lower growth in GDP calculations -- contracted 0.4 percent.

Another sharp revision was business investment in buildings and other structures, which shrank by 8.3 percent in the quarter, compared to the earlier estimate of just a 3.5 percent contraction.

Government spending also pulled GDP lower, contracting by 8.7 percent at the federal level and 2.1 percent at the state level.

The numbers reflected the lethargic turn of the economy that began at the end of 2012, when the pace of growth was only 0.4 percent.
I don't suffer from any mental illnesses.. I enjoy them..

Wabash

Re: The bloom is fading fast...

Post by Wabash » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:20 am

Still better than the economy he was given.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Hanna

Post by Hanna » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:25 pm

And... the Stock Market continues to hum along, even after these news.

kramer

Post by kramer » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:54 pm

Hanna wrote:And... the Stock Market continues to hum along, even after these news.
And this humming along has virtually zero, nilch, nada to do with Obama's economic policies. It has to do with the trillions of dollars that the world's central banks are printing.

I doubt we'd get this information from the Rockefeller, Ford, corporate connected MSM. I don't blame you for not know this.
“We should have been warned by the CFC/ozone affair because the corruption of science in that was so bad that something like 80% of the measurements being made during that time were either faked, or incompetently done.”

- Scientist James Lovelock

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:58 pm

Geez, Kramer...are you sure you even want to live in this country much longer? Where will you go?
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

kramer

Post by kramer » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:22 pm

I'd rather we take it back.
“We should have been warned by the CFC/ozone affair because the corruption of science in that was so bad that something like 80% of the measurements being made during that time were either faked, or incompetently done.”

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:50 pm

To what...1962?
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Troglodyte

Post by Troglodyte » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:46 pm

1962 might have been a very good year.. I think I remember parts of it.. :lol:
Well if my age can regress to that year (22).. Damn I'd probably do the same stupid stuff all o0ver again.
I don't suffer from any mental illnesses.. I enjoy them..

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:52 pm

kramer wrote: And this humming along has virtually zero, nilch, nada to do with Obama's economic policies. It has to do with the trillions of dollars that the world's central banks are printing.
Yet he was being given all the blame when it was tanking during his first inauguration.
kramer wrote: I doubt we'd get this information from the Rockefeller, Ford, corporate connected MSM. I don't blame you for not know this.
Sure. If what you believe is true there should be massive inflation. Yet that isn't occurring.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

kramer

Post by kramer » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:14 am

Wabash wrote: Yet he was being given all the blame when it was tanking during his first inauguration.
During his "first inauguration?" Really?

Wabash wrote:If what you believe is true there should be massive inflation. Yet that isn't occurring.
Our dollar is almost worthless:

You can thank FDR for starting the debasing of our dollar. What was his economic policy back then? Print money I believe...

Tommy Tar

Post by Tommy Tar » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:33 am

Things are looking up at the goat hill tavern. :cheers: Max is coming to town! #-o
‘I Haven’t Seen Democrats This Mad Since We Freed the Slaves!’..... Rob Schneider.

kramer

Post by kramer » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:30 pm

Who is Max?

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:21 pm

kramer wrote: During his "first inauguration?" Really?
Yes, really. Hannity was calling the stock market slide that continued till March of 2009 (referred to as the March low) "Obama's economy."
kramer wrote:Our dollar is almost worthless:
Come back when you understand the basic causes of inflation.

kramer

Post by kramer » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:28 am

Wabash wrote: Come back when you understand the basic causes of inflation.
I understand the basic causes of inflation. Printing money is one such factor. Of course, if you print huge piles of cash, it probably helps inflation to put that money in circulation:

Lets see how inflation goes once this excess cash starts making into circulation...

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:38 am

kramer wrote: Lets see how inflation goes once this excess cash starts making into circulation...
So when do you predict all this inflation will occur?

A prediction is worthless without specifics.

kramer

Post by kramer » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:37 am

Wabash wrote: So when do you predict all this inflation will occur?

A prediction is worthless without specifics.
I don't know. But I'll be following the chart above to see when it is starting.