$85 billion a month.

Tommy Tar

$85 billion a month.

Post by Tommy Tar » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:49 pm

http://money.cnn.com/2013/10/22/investi ... ?iid=HP_LN

Stocks up on hopes Fed stimulus will continue.

The September jobs report wasn't great, but stocks rose Tuesday as investors anticipated that lackluster hiring will push the Federal Reserve to keep its monetary stimulus as is in the months ahead.

The jobs report, which was delayed more than two weeks because of the government shutdown, showed the economy gained just 148,000 jobs last month. But the unemployment rate ticked down to 7.2%, the lowest since November 2008.
Still, the numbers suggest that the U.S. economic recovery remains fragile and that the Fed will likely keep buying $85 billion in bonds each month for a bit longer. <snip>

Ponzi scheme. :hide:

Like I said months ago. Take that $85 billion and send out checks to the American people and see what happens. Giving it to the banks is doing nothing if the banks want loan it out. ](*,)
‘I Haven’t Seen Democrats This Mad Since We Freed the Slaves!’..... Rob Schneider.

Parrotpaul

Re: $85 billion a month.

Post by Parrotpaul » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:44 pm

Sweet for the REITs and dividend stocks.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke