The end of restaurant jobs.

Tommy Tar

The end of restaurant jobs.

Post by Tommy Tar » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:22 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... perts.html

Is 2014 the year YOUR job will be taken by a robot? 'Jobocalpyse' set to strike as droids are trained to flip burgers, pour drinks - and even look after our children.

Scientists predict a 'jobocalypse' as robots take over manual jobs.
A huge 70% of occupations could become automated over next 30 years.
Drivers, teachers, babysitters and nurses could be replaced by robots.

San Francisco robotics firm Momentum says its burger flipping robot is already able to make 360 hamburgers per hour.
It can make custom burgers for each customers, and the firm says it is 'more consistent and more sanitary' than human workers.
'Our alpha machine frees up all of the hamburger line cooks in a restaurant,' it boasts.
The firm plans to open a restaurant in San Francisco using its technology, then sell it to existing burger chains.
<snip>

In ten years we will see burger restaurants with almost no employees. Technology is killing the lower end jobs.
‘I Haven’t Seen Democrats This Mad Since We Freed the Slaves!’..... Rob Schneider.

Fordama

Re: The end of restaurant jobs.

Post by Fordama » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:01 am

What about the flying cars?

Fordama
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:17 am

Sounds like The Jetsons nailed it.

There are probably a lot of jobs that could stand to be taken over, but will humans accept that? Robo-flippers could work as a novelty but we kind of like having humans make our food. Same with a lot of other jobs. We just prefer to have a human element in there somewhere. They've been working on computerized ordering for 25 years but it's never caught on with customers.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Troglodyte

Post by Troglodyte » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:40 am

Horn and Hardart takes over from Mickey D's??? :lol: Beats hell out of Sonic.. :lol:
Bring back the A&W stands with their cute car hops... :wink:
I don't suffer from any mental illnesses.. I enjoy them..

Red

Post by Red » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:44 pm

Pretty sure the leftists will figure a way to unionize the robots.
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

Fordama

Post by Fordama » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:45 pm

Sigh. And another thread that we could have just enjoyed has to go political.

Fordama
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:00 pm

Sometimes I think you couldn't post "Mary Had a Little Lamb" here without Red saying the lamb is a sheeple and Mary has cankles, Wabash claiming that Mary's just another Conservative who complains about USDA intrusion until her Lamb Subsidy check comes, and Brooke, of course saying that Mary's real name is Maria and she's here on an expired H1b visa. But, her lamb is indeed White as snow! Just like Jesus. And Santa Claus!
Don't look at me, I just work here.