The new work week???

Troglodyte

The new work week???

Postby Troglodyte » Thu May 29, 2014 10:42 am

Reduce unemployment, create 25% more jobs, and have a happier work force?? Why not??
Henry Ford did this back in the early 1900s and it worked for Ford Motor Company..

Swedes test a future of less work, more play
Published Bangkok Post: 29 May 2014 at 22.49 LINK

Sweden often stuns first-time visitors with its laid-back prosperity, making foreigners wonder how it is possible to have both lots of money and lots of leisure. Part of the answer, according to economists, is a productive and well-educated workforce that adapts to new technologies quicker than most.

Exactly how much –- or how little –- Swedes work compared with other nations is a somewhat open question. "We have a 40-hour work week, but also we have a little more absence than many people and we start work late in life because we study longer," said Malin Sahlen, an analyst at Timbro, a libertarian Stockholm-based think tank.

In 2012, the average Swede worked a total of 1,621 hours, according to the Paris-based Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development. This is more than the Netherlands with 1,381 hours, but less than Britain with 1,654 hours or the United States with 1,790 hours – and way below Chile's 2,029 and Mexico's 2,226 hours. "We could work more, that's a fact," said Sahlen.

But far from looking to increase time spent at work, some in Sweden are out to prove that less is more and that cutting hours can boost productivity.
Last edited by John Q. Public on Thu May 29, 2014 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: please don't post entire articles

I don't suffer from any mental illnesses.. I enjoy them..

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Re: The new work week???

Postby John Q. Public » Thu May 29, 2014 2:16 pm

An analyst at a libertarian Swedish think tank? Sounds like a lonely job.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Troglodyte

Re: The new work week???

Postby Troglodyte » Thu May 29, 2014 6:11 pm

The Swedes work together. Their coalition parties talk to each other and compromise.
Don't have sideling one party like has been happening here..
I don't suffer from any mental illnesses.. I enjoy them..

Return to “The Economy”