Fast food workers and a new form of labor activism

Parrotpaul

Fast food workers and a new form of labor activism

Postby Parrotpaul » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:22 am

This was an interesting read.
Last edited by Parrotpaul on Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Re: Fast food workers and a new form of labor activism

Postby John Q. Public » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:40 am

I removed the link because the post is nothing more than a long tease. It says nothing about any labor activism and doesn't say anything about the point of the article.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Troglodyte

Postby Troglodyte » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:00 am

What a tear jerker...
She's here illegally, works two jobs but sends most of her earnings back to the Dominican Republic to support her husband and two daughters back there, had another baby here but her new "husband" ran off, can't seem to read the work schedule, cries because she misses her daughters and the life back in the DR.. :-({|= Boo Hoo.

Finally the piece gives the real mover behind the fast food protest, "The Service Employees International Union, the second-largest union in the United States, was quietly funding the fast-food campaign."
Guess they lost their attempt at "organizing" Walmart for the dues dollars, now they're victimizing burger flippers.
I don't suffer from any mental illnesses.. I enjoy them..

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:09 am

Nothing wrong with workers unionizing. We got last Monday off to supposedly celebrate that sort of thing.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:16 am

I believe any and all workers should be allowed to organize under the confines of the law.

No matter what profession or business.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Tommy Tar

Postby Tommy Tar » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:20 am

"Nothing wrong with workers unionizing. We got last Monday off to supposedly celebrate that sort of thing".

We? Millions of people worked on Labor Day.
‘I Haven’t Seen Democrats This Mad Since We Freed the Slaves!’..... Rob Schneider.

Troglodyte

Postby Troglodyte » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:43 am

Wabash wrote; "I believe any and all workers should be allowed to organize under the confines of the law."

Me too, Wabash, as long as the law gives the right to work. The unions would die a painful death if people had a choice. As it is the only unions that are flourishing are the public employees unions.. figures...
I don't suffer from any mental illnesses.. I enjoy them..

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:46 am

One of the reasons why I said "supposedly," Tommy. Walmart people got holiday pay for it. It's regular time but they label it "Holiday pay" because it's a holiday. Sounds like they could use a union.

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:50 am

Maybe people would like to read long teases. :shrug: Is everything we do here wrong, because that what it seems like? Much easier to let the mods post threads. That way we know They will be acceptable.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Return to “The Economy”