Getting a bit sea sick, yet???

Troglodyte

Getting a bit sea sick, yet???

Postby Troglodyte » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:40 pm

:puke: This has been one wild ride lately.. 300 points down and them up.. Enough to get the fish quesey..

US stocks tumble as Fed decision weighs
BANGKOK POST

NEW YORK - US stocks fell sharply Friday in the wake of the Federal Reserve's decision against raising interest rates because of worries about slowing global economic growth.
The Dow Jones industrial Average dropped 289.95 (1.74%) to 16,384.79. The broad-based S&P 500 sank 32.12 (1.61%) to 1,958.08, while the tech-rich Nasdaq Composite Index lost 66.72 (1.36%) at 4,827.23.
Analysts said the Fed's decision Thursday to keep benchmark rates at zero was concerning because it implied that headwinds facing the global economy are stronger than thought. Also, the US central bank's failure to act despite previously suggesting a rate hike was imminent left investors uncertain of the outlook for US monetary policy.

What was it that someone posted about what a masterful job Obama was doing about stabilizing the economy?? :eh?: When I'm living off my retirement funds, I tend to get a bit cranky and nervous. :??

I don't suffer from any mental illnesses.. I enjoy them..

Parrotpaul

Re: Getting a bit sea sick, yet???

Postby Parrotpaul » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:46 am

What was it that someone posted about what a masterful job Obama was doing about stabilizing the economy??

Facts seriously challenge your snarky assessment. The volatility isn't Obama's fault.

Buy dividend stocks on the dips. ATT is a plum right now.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Troglodyte

Postby Troglodyte » Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:27 pm

I'm not into day trading, Paul.. :wink: In the long run I think I'm better off sticking to a couple of blue chips. I'm getting some nice dividends from Ford, Toyota, Microsoft and BofA, as long as the government doesn't find excuses to fine them $Billions.. My retirement is locked into an IRA and a PERS crap shoot, those I can do very little about.

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:04 pm

ATT is not a day trading move... you said you wanted return... it's paying 5.7%

No ROTH IRA you can trade? I'm sorry.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Troglodyte

Postby Troglodyte » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:56 am

Looks like they have been caught fixing the books again...

US stocks tumble on weak jobs report
BANGKOK POST 10-02-15

WASHINTON — Wall Street stocks opened sharply lower Friday after the September employment report showed the US economy added just 142,000 jobs last month. (They only over counted 62,000 jobs. The Labor Department also trimmed its estimates for jobs growth in July and August.

Five minutes into trade, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was at 16,031.73, down 240.28 points (1.48%).

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:12 am

Don't try investing, Trog... you don't handle a good stock market roller coaster ride well at all...BTW...the Dow is up 170. Its the largest Dow reversal in four years. :mrgreen:

Troglodyte

Postby Troglodyte » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:47 am

I've done fairly well with the stocks I control... Ford, Toyota, BofA.. Tis the ones CalPERS controls, and the IRA screws with that gets hurt.. My system, stick with the blue chips and over time they grow nicely, seems to work trough the ups and downs..
I, and this administration, lost an embarrassing amount on the "green" investments. Should have known better with the government meddling with them, and China buying the companies, stripping the technology, then letting the companies crash and burn.. --:-- .

Troglodyte

Postby Troglodyte » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:47 am

I've done fairly well with the stocks I control... Ford, Toyota, BofA.. Tis the ones CalPERS controls, and the IRA screws with that gets hurt.. My system, stick with the blue chips and over time they grow nicely, seems to work trough the ups and downs..
I, and this administration, lost an embarrassing amount on the "green" investments. Should have known better with the government meddling with them, and China buying the companies, stripping the technology, then letting the companies crash and burn.. --:-- .

Return to “The Economy”