Immigrants Founded 51% of U.S. Billion-Dollar Startups

Brooke

Re: Immigrants Founded 51% of U.S. Billion-Dollar Startups

Postby Brooke » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:04 pm

I'm sorry John, but I am skeptical of your figures. Just the numbers of people involved make them suspect. Can you provide a source please?

Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:19 pm

The opening post, about half a minute of brain usage and a calculator.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:52 pm

You ask a great deal of your posters, JQP.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

not4u13

Postby not4u13 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:13 pm

I just love the statement that all immigrates take American jobs. Ignorance at it's finest.
Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountain is going home; that wildness is necessity; John Muir
http://www.quotesdaddy.com

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:51 pm

Especially in a thread about jobs they've created.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Brooke

Postby Brooke » Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:19 pm

As usual you guys ignore the facts I bring to this forum. I have already posted how these bogus claims work. If you want to make yourselves feel good then find proof that I am wrong. That NEVER HAPPENS. Insulting me doesn't make me wrong. What makes me wrong is you guys finding proof that I am wrong. Smart ass remarks have no power nor do buying into the lies of unethical liberal publications.

Thank you John for providing me with the info regarding the source of your statistics. One never knows where things come from around here and it saves a lot of time if I ask. That article is from the WSJ which is a liberal rag, therefore I will need to look into it to see if it is correct or not. I doubt that it is.
Last edited by Brooke on Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?

Brooke

Postby Brooke » Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:24 pm

not4u13: I just love the statement that all immigrates take American jobs. Ignorance at it's finest.

Can you explain who would be doing those jobs if immigrants weren't doing them? It's really sad how Americans can so easily sell out their own fellow citizens.

Who in this country has the expertise and knowledge to be able to judge what immigrants are superior in what jobs? I am almost certain that you don't qualify.

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:22 am

More insults....lock 'er up.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:25 am

What do you think a "start-up" is, brooke?

Fordama
Last edited by Fordama on Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

not4u13

Postby not4u13 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:26 am

The very title of the thread is about immigrants who actually create jobs because they start companies that employ people. It really is very simple. Not to mention that you continue to ignore the facts I have repeatedly posted about the tech industry and how it works from a labor standpoint.

Don't bother to reply. I won't be.
Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountain is going home; that wildness is necessity; John Muir
http://www.quotesdaddy.com

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:29 am

Thank you John for providing me with the info regarding the source of your statistics. One never knows where things come from around here and it saves a lot of time if I ask. That article is from the WSJ which is a liberal rag, therefore I will need to look into it to see if it is correct or not. I doubt that it is.
News.
Passive aggressive? Nah.... :mrgreen:

As to the WSJ being a "liberal rag"... the WSJ has opposed everything the Obama administration has done. Bev, you are aware that Rupert Murdoch owns both the WSJ and Fox? I'm not convinced Murdoch leans left of middle...are you?

Brooke

Postby Brooke » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:33 am

Yeah fordama, I know what a start up is. Do you know how to count immigrants as part of the founding members of a company as opposed to those hired by a start up? Read the information I posted early on in this thread.
Last edited by Brooke on Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Brooke

Postby Brooke » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:37 am

Read this Parrotpaul.

Reporting bias

The Journal's editors stress the independence and impartiality of their reporters.[26] In a 2004 study, Tim Groseclose and Jeff Milyo calculated the ideological bias of 20 media outlets by counting the frequency they cited particular think tanks and comparing that to the frequency that legislators cited the same think tanks. They found that the news reporting of The Journal was the most liberal (more liberal than NPR or The New York Times).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wall_Street_Journal

Brooke

Postby Brooke » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:46 am

Parrotpaul: More insults....lock 'er up.

Parrotpaul, you are much too eager to see what you perceive as hostility and to influence how John runs this place that you cannot see the gist of the discussions. How many times have you given orders to lock threads?

My point was: who is in a position to judge educational institutions around the world in comparison to those in the United States regarding the quality of and the range of knowledge taught?

Brooke

Postby Brooke » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:58 am

Right not4u13, and for the third time I posted information regarding the bogus way those immigrants are counted. Furthermore, i don't trust information you bring to the forum based on the faulty logic of past discussions and the many contradictions you have posted.

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:07 am

Reporting bias

The Journal's editors stress the independence and impartiality of their reporters.[26] In a 2004 study, Tim Groseclose and Jeff Milyo calculated the ideological bias of 20 media outlets by counting the frequency they cited particular think tanks and comparing that to the frequency that legislators cited the same think tanks they found that the news reporting of The Journal was the most liberal (more liberal than NPR or The New York Times).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wall_Street_Journal

That's nice and good, Bev, but Rupert Murdoch and NewsCorp didn't buy out Dow Jones and The WSJ until 2007. Things changed at the WSJ with that change in ownership.

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:08 am

Read this Parrotpaul.

Don't bother, Paul, because the methodology of that study was flawed.

Technocratic centrist to liberal organizations like Brookings and the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities tend to have more credentialed experts with peer-reviewed publications than their conservative counterparts. This may result in a greater number of citations by the press, which seeks out expert perspectives on the news, but not more citations by members of Congress, who generally seek out views that reinforce their own.

http://www.brendan-nyhan.com/blog/2005/ ... ms_wi.html

Fordama
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Brooke

Postby Brooke » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:23 am

What are you talking about Parrotpaul? The WSJ supports open borders, mass immigration, and surrender to trade. Those are liberal policies that don't work for this country and American citizens.

Return to “The Economy”