Why the Stock Market Doesnt Like Republicans

Wabash

Re: Why the Stock Market Doesnt Like Republicans

Post by Wabash »

MDDad wrote: This is much more likely a correction to bring stock prices more in line with fundamentals.
What fundamentals were lacking before the corrections of the last couple of days?
MDDad wrote: t seems we've reached the point where a 1,100-point drop in market value is seen as a cause for joy and ridicule because it allows some of us to lord it over the others.
Only because one side has been using this indicator to claim the incompetence of the other for so long (see attached). Despite evidence to the contrary. One side has been touting how great things are with this as an example. They are strangely silent or as is their custom, blaming someone else who has been out of office for a year.

At least the sell off has slowed down today. So far.

I'm reading the fear now is inflation. Which will cause interest rates to go up. Which causes its own problems.
Attachments
Obama 2nd Term.jpg
Last edited by Wabash on Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Сделай Америку великой снова
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

sugarcoat wrote:Back to being Great Again. It will take the strong leadership of someone with faith to - Make America Great Again
America was great before Trump and Pence. It will be great after they are done.
sugarcoat wrote:America will be made great again when we have a leader who trusts in God. It's "In God We Trust" get it straight and keep it strong.
See above response.
sugarcoat wrote: Strong leadership has its root in GOD ALONE.
Which God? Your God? My God?

Please be more specific.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

Once again,

Wabash, do you not have a delete button?
Don't look at me, I just work here.
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

Not on that post. I tried.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

The use your Report button.

One more "post deleted by user" will get you a warning.
Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan »

MDDad wrote: That's really all this is about, isn't it?
Yep. I was hoping to get a response from the guy who was touting the stock market's rise as a sign of trump's leadership and skills but here you are not supporting trump again instead.
I agree... or any other president either.
Indeed.
This is much more likely a correction to bring stock prices more in line with fundamentals.
Let's hope so, because if it's anything worse trump gets to own it, whether that's right or wrong.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada
sugarcoat

Post by sugarcoat »

Wabash wrote:America was great before Trump and Pence. It will be great after they are done.

See above response.

Which God? Your God? My God?

Please be more specific.
This is only one God. Don't you know that?
Trump will make America Great Again. I believe that.
Fordama

Post by Fordama »

sugarcoat wrote:Back to being Great Again. It will take the strong leadership of someone with faith to - Make America Great Again
America will be made great again when we have a leader who trusts in God. It's "In God We Trust" get it straight and keep it strong. Strong leadership has its root in GOD ALONE.
Then we're screwed.
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

sugarcoat wrote: This is only one God. Don't you know that?Trump will make America Great Again. I believe that.
There are numerous gods.

America was great before Trump. I believe that.

sugarcoat

Post by sugarcoat »

There are many gods - but only one GOD.
America was great Trump will Make America Great Again.
Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan »

sugarcoat wrote: America was great Trump will Make America Great Again.
Because he follows god's plan?
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

sugarcoat wrote: America was great Trump will Make America Great Again.
America is great now.

What part of Trump is emblematic of God? Or even Christianity for that matter?

Fordama

Post by Fordama »

I don't think he believes that Trump is God's man, but that Pence is.
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK
sugarcoat

Post by sugarcoat »

He protects the life of the unborn.
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

Too bad they don't care about the born as much as they care about the unborn.

Not sure which is worse.

Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan »

sugarcoat wrote: He protects the life of the unborn.
Who does, and how?
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

Considering this thread is about the stock market, I'll guess Jamie Dimon.
not4u13

Post by not4u13 »

I stated that the market loves Trump. I stand by that statement. Why? Because the few things Trump has been consistent on have all favored business. Removing restrictive regulations, reducing the corporate tax rate and appointing business friendly members to key posts. All of these things are targeted towards improving corporate profits and corporate profits are good for stocks.

As soon as investors felt that Trump would become the President, they started buying with the projection that stocks would rise. They did. With every major change in policy, more investment, more rise in the market. The first hint of a drop, SELL. Because the gains were so large over the last year, they continued to sell and still take profits even as the market fell. This is a common market correction. We could be in for a wild ride, but I predict more stable gains in the future as investors return to more reasonable indicators of growth than speculation on profits based on public policy expectations.
Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountain is going home; that wildness is necessity; John Muir
http://www.quotesdaddy.com
Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan »

not4u13 wrote: I stated that the market loves Trump. I stand by that statement.
How about now?

President Trump says trade wars are good. Wall Street disagrees.

The Dow dropped more than 350 points at the open on Friday after shedding 420 points on Thursday. The Nasdaq sank 1%, and the S&P 500 declined almost 1%.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/03/02/investi ... index.html
Fordama

Post by Fordama »

I wonder what the effect of all this talk of trade wars that Trump is making will have on the market?