Wages Rise and 200,000 Jobs Added

Bick

Re: Wages Rise and 200,000 Jobs Added

Post by Bick »

Really? What were his several positive contributions? I apologize for missing when you wrote them.
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

Well... um... hmmmmm... he raised Van Buren's approval rating!
Don't look at me, I just work here.
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

Bick wrote:Really? What were his several positive contributions? I apologize for missing when you wrote them.
Here's one.

Trump intervenes to grant rejected Afghan girls entry to U.S. for robotics contest
At the urging of President Donald Trump, U.S. officials have reversed course and decided to allow into the United States a group of Afghan girls hoping to participate in an international robotics competition next week, senior administration officials told POLITICO on Wednesday.

The decision followed a furious public backlash to the news that the six teens had been denied U.S. visas. That criticism swelled as details emerged about the girls’ struggle to build their robot and get visas.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Сделай Америку великой снова
Bick

Post by Bick »

Anything else? Does this mean he's no longer a racist, misogynist?
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

Sure. Lot's of other things.

He's done some great things in his brief year plus.

First off and most important he hasn't screwed up the Obama recovery. Albeit it has slowed down the economy is still improving. For comparisons sake. Obama had a 30% rise in the Dow Jones his first 11 months. Trump isn't far behind with a 25% bump. Keep in mind Obama had to deal with the worst recession since 1929. When candidate Trump was talking about the "real" unemployment rate being 42% we now know a year later that was just so much campaign rhetoric. He now accepts the current unemployment rate that uses the same methodology as that which he claimed was misleading a year ago last summer. While the market has had a downturn the last couple days, it doesn't look to be nearly as catastrophic as the downturn Obama inherited when he was inaugurated.

The second great thing he has done is inspire a level of activism I haven't seen since the anti-war movement in the 60s. Individuals who were disengaged are now inspired to participate in the political process. It's effects were felt immediately. Special elections in safe GOP districts were far closer than they had been just a few short months earlier. This culminated in a special election that has elected a democrat from Alabama. Arguably the reddest state in the union. I believe this would not have been possible were it not for Trump and his support of Judge Moore. I think congratulations are in order. There is another special election this March in PA. Would have normally been a GOP slam dunk. Thanks to Trump, the seat is in play.

Lastly, the third great thing he has done is cause a slow decline of the GOP. A recent poll shows that only 38% of Americans self-identify as Republicans or Republican-leaning independents during 2017, according to an average of monthly numbers from Gallup. This number marks the lowest it's been in more than a quarter century of polling, stretching back to 1991.

Over the last year, the polling data shows the GOP share of the electorate falling from a 42% monthly average around the presidential election in November 2016 down to a 37% monthly average now, one year later.

None of this would have been possible were it not for Trump's leadership.

He's done numerous other things. Like expose the situational concern conservatives claim over the addition of debt, respecting military service, and the expenses incurred in presidential vacations.

I can't speak for others. I for one want him to keep doing what he's doing. Keep tweeting like a petulant 12 year old. Keep insulting the men and women in law enforcement. Keep making contradictory and idiotic statements.

It's working out very well.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Сделай Америку великой снова