'Historic' Tax Refunds Will Extend Retail Boom into 2019

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Re: 'Historic' Tax Refunds Will Extend Retail Boom into 2019

Post by John Q. Public » Mon May 06, 2019 11:55 am

Note the time on his post, Tommy. The Dow opened over 400 points lower but "re-evaluated" as traders realized that Donald would probably back down on this threat, too.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Tommy Tar

Post by Tommy Tar » Mon May 06, 2019 12:22 pm

So CNN post fake news and the market tanks. :roll:
Dow makes stunning comeback, recovering nearly all of 471-point plunge on hope trade deal not dead.
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/05/traders ... hreat.html

The hall monitor is so desperate.

des·per·ate
/ˈdesp(ə)rət/

adjective
feeling, showing, or involving a hopeless sense that a situation is so bad as to be impossible to deal with.
hopeless;
(of an act or attempt) tried in despair or when everything else has failed; having little hope of success.
"drugs used in a desperate attempt to save his life"

synonyms: last-ditch, last-chance, last-resort, last-minute, last-gasp, eleventh-hour, all-out, do-or-die, final; More
(of a situation) extremely bad, serious, or dangerous.

We have 6 more years of President Trump and you will have some real things to bash him with but this 2019 economy is not one of them. =D>
‘I Haven’t Seen Democrats This Mad Since We Freed the Slaves!’..... Rob Schneider.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Mon May 06, 2019 12:47 pm

We will continue to have this type of economy as long as borrowing a trillion dollars per year is allowed.

So much for the GOP being fiscal conservatives.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Tue May 07, 2019 6:49 am

Tommy, the arrow indicates when Trump took office and "fixed" the economy. Notice the upward trend leading up to that moment.
Attachments
Non Farm Payroll Timeline.png
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan » Tue May 07, 2019 9:32 am

Tommy Tar wrote: The hall monitor is so desperate.
You're the one touting the economy as some evidence of trump's genius. Talk about desperate.
Tommy Tar wrote: We have 6 more years of President Trump...
Not to mention delusional.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Tue May 07, 2019 12:02 pm

Late rally brings the Dow up to -472 (-1.79%) at the close. Maybe on news that the Financier in Chief thinks the seller pays the sales tax.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan » Tue May 07, 2019 12:39 pm

C'mon JQP, you're just desperate..it's fake news...he's an economic genius, just ask him. :roll:
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Fordama

Post by Fordama » Tue May 07, 2019 12:41 pm

Wabash wrote:Tommy, the arrow indicates when Trump took office and "fixed" the economy. Notice the upward trend leading up to that moment.

Tommy's response..

This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:55 am

The market boom is being tanked by fears of the coronavirus and the effects on overseas supply chains.

One of the financial geniuses stated he wouldn't be concerned until the market tanked 4% in one day.

It's down about 10% (as of this writing) for the week.

At what point in time should I be concerned? Even though I pulled out of private equity after the 2008 crash.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:46 pm

Tommy Tar wrote:The first quarter 2019 went very well
Where's Tommy, printing up the T-shirts?
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump