JULY 4TH 2011

If it doesn't fit anywhere else
slowyoroll

JULY 4TH 2011

Post by slowyoroll »

What are your plans..and what are you cooking?
\:D/
"IF YOU'RE NOT RICH, IF YOU DON'T HAVE A JOB DON'T BLAME WALL STREET BLAME YOURSELF!"

HERMAN CAIN

IDIOT
SoMelo

Re: JULY 4TH 2011

Post by SoMelo »

slowyoroll wrote:What are your plans..and what are you cooking?
\:D/
Going kayaking in Back Bay on Sunday and bbq'ing a tri-tip on Monday (starting to marinade it today)... What are your plans?
Buc Pride

Post by Buc Pride »

Really sucks having to be at work at 5am on the 5th.

But we will rage for our country anyway

2nd - work till noon, beach LBC. Sushi
3rd - HB Hyatt pool, BBQ (white people BBQ) at my crazy older brothers house.
4th - HB 5K, watch the HB parade from my friends condo above El Don liquor store (facing PCH on Main), HB Hilton pool, back to the LBC to take in the Queen Mary fireworks show from my top deck. Nathans hotdogs for dinner.

America F-YEAH!
rent saw
slowyoroll

Post by slowyoroll »

Buc Pride wrote:Really sucks having to be at work at 5am on the 5th.

4th - HB 5K, watch the HB parade from my friends condo above El Don liquor store (facing PCH on Main), HB Hilton pool, back to the LBC to take in the Queen Mary fireworks show from my top deck. Nathans hotdogs for dinner.

America F-YEAH!

Nice!!
"IF YOU'RE NOT RICH, IF YOU DON'T HAVE A JOB DON'T BLAME WALL STREET BLAME YOURSELF!"

HERMAN CAIN

IDIOT
THe Nug

Post by THe Nug »

First I am going to wake up listening to Jimi Hendrix playing the National Anthem at full volume. Live version. At 6:30 am. Then I'm going to mix up the Vodka and OJ, maybe some eggs. Maybe smoke a bowl.

At about 8 a.m. I'll get on the bike and ride to the Parade downtown, double fisted. An American flag inserted in my rear reflector will fly proudly.

I will get bored after 2.5 minutes of the parade and hit up a Shrinner's pancake breakfast.

Then off to the pool on the beach, do a little people watching and drink heavily. I mean really heavily.

The next four to eight hours will be a combination of a blurr, augmented reality and/or more drugs, but I'm sure it will involve a BBQ and fireworks.

Tuesday I will call in sick.
slowyoroll

Post by slowyoroll »

THe Nug wrote:First I am going to wake up listening to Jimi Hendrix playing the National Anthem at full volume. Live version. At 6:30 am. Then I'm going to mix up the Vodka and OJ, maybe some eggs. Maybe smoke a bowl.

At about 8 a.m. I'll get on the bike and ride to the Parade downtown, double fisted. An American flag inserted in my rear reflector will fly proudly.

I will get bored after 2.5 minutes of the parade and hit up a Shinner's pancake breakfast.

Then off to the pool on the beach, do a little people watching and drink heavily. I mean really heavily.

The next four to eight hours will be a combination of a blurr, augmented reality and/or more drugs, but I'm sure it will involve a BBQ and fireworks.

Tuesday I will call in sick.
:ROFL: :ROFL:

HERMAN CAIN

IDIOT
slowyoroll

Post by slowyoroll »

Mine seems kind of boring in comparison

Saturday morning Salt Creek early..bikini clad, BFF in tow,no food only coffee,
lunch and drinks a little later..

Sunday..same thing

Monday ..pool and bbq

HERMAN CAIN

IDIOT
oceanvue

Post by oceanvue »

We're going to Bandera, Texas. For a rootin tootin cowboy 4th of July. I wanted to go back to LaGrange (there's a lot of nice girls there) but I got out voted 1-1
slowyoroll

Post by slowyoroll »

oceanvue wrote:We're going to Bandera, Texas. For a rootin tootin cowboy 4th of July. I wanted to go back to LaGrange (there's a lot of nice girls there) but I got out voted 1-1
I can picture you in a cowboy hat..Have Fun!! Don't drink..I hear that stuff is bad us :thumbsup:

HERMAN CAIN

IDIOT
SoMelo

Post by SoMelo »

oceanvue wrote:We're going to Bandera, Texas. For a rootin tootin cowboy 4th of July. I wanted to go back to LaGrange (there's a lot of nice girls there) but I got out voted 1-1
Is it true they banned fireworks in Texas this year?
oceanvue

Post by oceanvue »

I really just wanted to go downtown and hang out at the Mohawk and see what bands are playing but everyone's starting know me by name down there which doesn't exactly thrill the Wifey
oceanvue

Post by oceanvue »

SoMelo wrote: Is it true they banned fireworks in Texas this year?

yes, and fine with me, even though it's really green and doesn't look dry we haven't had much rain and our fireworks aren't like California's they have big stands everywhere and sell everything from M80's to RPG's. New years, I was thinking "are these people out of their mind!?"
RPW

Post by RPW »

Buc Pride wrote:Really sucks having to be at work at 5am on the 5th.

America F-YEAH!

I am BBQ (black people BBQ0 starting early Satruday morning. That will be the 2 tester slab of ribs to make sure the rub and sauce is just right for Monday
I am The Voice of Reason
slowyoroll

Post by slowyoroll »

RPW wrote:

I am BBQ (black people BBQ0 starting early Satruday morning. That will be the 2 tester slab of ribs to make sure the rub and sauce is just right for Monday
lol..the bbq i'm going to will be a black/white bbq..the bbq'r is white but his wife is black
he knows how to throw it down..

HERMAN CAIN

IDIOT
THe Nug

Post by THe Nug »

RPW wrote:

Why are black people and Mexicans so much better at BBQ? Good white BBQers are like white cornerbacks, bald eagles and Native Americans. Hard to find.
Last edited by THe Nug on Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Buc Pride

Post by Buc Pride »

UFC 132 Saturday night!! Great fights.....$$$$$$$$$$$ Time to win some chadda
rent saw
slowyoroll

Post by slowyoroll »

THe Nug wrote:
Why are black people and Mexicans so much better at BBQ? Good white BBQers are like white cornerbacks, bald eagles and and Native Americans. Hard to find.
Honestly, I think it's because we're more into flavor..that being said..one of the best cooks
I know (and I know good food) is a white woman

HERMAN CAIN

IDIOT
RPW

Post by RPW »

THe Nug wrote:
Why are black people and Mexicans so much better at BBQ? Good white BBQers are like white cornerbacks, bald eagles and Native Americans. Hard to find.

Everyone is different and it is a play on words; Grilling vs BBQ. BBQ is slow cooked(smoked) over low heat while grilling is open direct flame, quick and easy.

And making carne asada is grilling not BBQ'ing.
I am The Voice of Reason
Wiley

Post by Wiley »

THe Nug wrote:
Check your history, Nug. Slaves were taught to cook on open pit wood grilles and ovens. The choice cuts of meats were served to the plantation's white family members and guests. Slaves learned to tenderize and prepare guts and ribs for their own. I suggest this was passed down through the depression when "scrap cuts" were most what poor folks could afford. I suspect recipes and cooking styles created by slave relatives were passed down and the poor cuts became delicacies to white folks too.
"If you love me you've got to help me pass this bill." - Barak Obama
slowyoroll

Post by slowyoroll »

Wiley wrote:Check your history, Nug. Slaves were taught to cook on open pit wood grilles and ovens. The choice cuts of meats were served to the plantation's white family members and guests. Slaves learned to tenderize and prepare guts and ribs for their own. I suggest this was passed down through the depression when "scrap cuts" were most what poor folks could afford. I suspect recipes and cooking styles created by slave relatives were passed down and the poor cuts became delicacies to white folks too.
What a bunch of BS..black folks flavor their food more..it's that simple..it's got nothing to do with fkn slavery Wiley :roll: :roll: :roll:

HERMAN CAIN

IDIOT