JULY 4TH 2011

If it doesn't fit anywhere else
User avatar
Buc Pride
Posts: 1423
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:31 am

Re: JULY 4TH 2011

Post by Buc Pride » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:12 pm

I always heard that black people have an extra bone in their wrists that allows them to flip meat much quicker than whitey.
rent saw

slowyoroll
Posts: 13235
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:53 am

Re: JULY 4TH 2011

Post by slowyoroll » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:15 pm

Buc Pride wrote:I always heard that black people have an extra bone in their wrists that allows them to flip meat much quicker than whitey.
:ROFL: :ROFL: funny..I've never bbq'd anything in my life btw..
"IF YOU'RE NOT RICH, IF YOU DON'T HAVE A JOB DON'T BLAME WALL STREET BLAME YOURSELF!"

HERMAN CAIN

IDIOT

RPW
Posts: 6001
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:11 pm

Re: JULY 4TH 2011

Post by RPW » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:15 pm

Wiley wrote:Check your history, Nug. Slaves were taught to cook on open pit wood grilles and ovens. The choice cuts of meats were served to the plantation's white family members and guests. Slaves learned to tenderize and prepare guts and ribs for their own. I suggest this was passed down through the depression when "scrap cuts" were most what poor folks could afford. I suspect recipes and cooking styles created by slave relatives were passed down and the poor cuts became delicacies to white folks too.
So not only did slaves provide great sex for the white women they provided great food. Good to know. :thumbsup:
I am The Voice of Reason

slowyoroll
Posts: 13235
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:53 am

Re: JULY 4TH 2011

Post by slowyoroll » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:18 pm

RPW wrote:
So not only did slaves provide great sex for the white women they provided great food. Good to know. :thumbsup:
lol..thanks to Wileys you can now tell your kids that you know how to bbq because you were the son of son of a son of a son of a son of a son that was slave!!!
:roll:
"IF YOU'RE NOT RICH, IF YOU DON'T HAVE A JOB DON'T BLAME WALL STREET BLAME YOURSELF!"

HERMAN CAIN

IDIOT

User avatar
Wiley
Posts: 4444
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:45 pm

Re: JULY 4TH 2011

Post by Wiley » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:32 pm

RPW wrote:
So not only did slaves provide great sex for the white women they provided great food. Good to know. :thumbsup:
Tell that to Thomas Jefferson's relatives.
"If you love me you've got to help me pass this bill." - Barak Obama

User avatar
Wiley
Posts: 4444
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:45 pm

Re: JULY 4TH 2011

Post by Wiley » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:35 pm

slowyoroll wrote:
lol..thanks to Wileys you can now tell your kids that you know how to bbq because you were the son of son of a son of a son of a son of a son that was slave!!!
:roll:
And what's wrong with the truth. Remember if not for the slaves the pork ribs you love so dearly would have been hogslop and the recipes would never have been passed down.
"If you love me you've got to help me pass this bill." - Barak Obama

User avatar
Parrotpaul
Posts: 33550
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:14 pm

Re: JULY 4TH 2011

Post by Parrotpaul » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:38 pm

Wasted day and wasted night...starts with a three egg breakfast at Ted's in Laguna Niguel and it will be topped off with a half dozen Hebrew National dogs...mustard, relish, onions, celery salt...grilled buns...a half dozen Pacificos, and a huge bowl of combination Ben and Jerrey's Cherry Garcia and New York Double Fudge Chunk, smothered with chocolate syrup, eight or ten sliced strawberries, and some cut up cashews....somewhere in the process I'll think of all the poor schmucks who don't live in this country. Happy Birthday, USA!!!
Last edited by Parrotpaul on Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

User avatar
Buc Pride
Posts: 1423
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:31 am

Re: JULY 4TH 2011

Post by Buc Pride » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:40 pm

Paul wrote:Wasted day and wasted night...started with a three egg breakfast at Ted's in Laguna Niguel and it will be topped off with a half dozen Hebrew National dogs...mustard, relish, onions, celery salt...grilled buns...a half dozen Pacificos, and a huge bowl of combination Ben and Jerrey's Cherry Garcia and New York Double Fudge Chunk, smothered with chocolate syrup, eight or ten sliced strawberries, and some cut up cashews....somewhere in the process I'll think of all the poor schmucks who don't live in this country. Happy Birthday, USA!!!
Awesome!
rent saw

slowyoroll
Posts: 13235
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:53 am

Re: JULY 4TH 2011

Post by slowyoroll » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:40 pm

Wiley wrote:And what's wrong with the truth. Remember if not for the slaves the pork ribs you love so dearly would have been hogslop and the recipes would never have been passed down.
Wiley, that fact that you and some white folks can't bbq has nothing to do with slavery
Is there some history behind the reason that your bbq is bad?
"IF YOU'RE NOT RICH, IF YOU DON'T HAVE A JOB DON'T BLAME WALL STREET BLAME YOURSELF!"

HERMAN CAIN

IDIOT

slowyoroll
Posts: 13235
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:53 am

Re: JULY 4TH 2011

Post by slowyoroll » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:41 pm

BTW Wiley, I don't eat Pork nor does anyone in my family...maybe that's why we don't have guts :shrug:
"IF YOU'RE NOT RICH, IF YOU DON'T HAVE A JOB DON'T BLAME WALL STREET BLAME YOURSELF!"

HERMAN CAIN

IDIOT

User avatar
Wiley
Posts: 4444
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:45 pm

Re: JULY 4TH 2011

Post by Wiley » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:47 pm

slowyoroll wrote:
:ROFL: :ROFL: funny..I've never bbq'd anything in my life btw..
No wonder. Men are the best cooks because they experiment off recipe. In my travels to the south and midwest I don't remember seeing a woman cooking ribs on a brick open-hearth oven. And in my family the men handle the B-B-Q's the women bake the pies.

Hey, if you don't eat pork don't feel alone... Sammy Davis Jr. was also a Jew. Actually, back in history one of your slave relatives probably died from eating bad pork and the tradition of abstention was passed down. Hope you like Paul's Hebrew National Wieners... I do.
"If you love me you've got to help me pass this bill." - Barak Obama

slowyoroll
Posts: 13235
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:53 am

Re: JULY 4TH 2011

Post by slowyoroll » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:51 pm

Wiley wrote:No wonder. Men are the best cooks because they experiment off recipe. In my travels to the south and midwest I don't remember seeing a woman cooking ribs on a brick open-hearth oven. And in my family the men handle the B-B-Q's the women bake the pies.

Hey, if you don't eat pork don't feel alone... Sammy Davis Jr. was also a Jew. Actually, back in history one of your slave relatives probably died from eating bad pork and the tradition of absention was passed down. Hope you like Paul's Hebrew National Wieners... I do.
I agree with this..ain't nothing hotter than a man in the kitchen..My father and brother were both chefs..I'm not jewish..I don't eat a lot of things..pork, fried food, anything that has too much fat..don't bake either...
"IF YOU'RE NOT RICH, IF YOU DON'T HAVE A JOB DON'T BLAME WALL STREET BLAME YOURSELF!"

HERMAN CAIN

IDIOT

User avatar
Wiley
Posts: 4444
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:45 pm

Re: JULY 4TH 2011

Post by Wiley » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:57 pm

slowyoroll wrote:
Wiley, that fact that you and some white folks can't bbq has nothing to do with slavery
Is there some history behind the reason that your bbq is bad?
Never said anything about my cooking or barbeque talents. But now that you bring it up I have to say that I'm considered the best cook in both sides of my family. Friends wanted to invest in a restaurant for me. Never could stand to cook everday like most housewives... but love to cook when I feel like spending four or five hours in the kitchen. I used to smoke 12-pound turkeys in a standard Weber B-B-Q with mesquite before Weber invented their smoker unit. Would have to add wood and keep water pan full... turkey was always moist and juicy.
"If you love me you've got to help me pass this bill." - Barak Obama

RPW
Posts: 6001
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:11 pm

Re: JULY 4TH 2011

Post by RPW » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:01 pm

Wiley wrote:Tell that to Thomas Jefferson's relatives.

Thomas took it from his slaves, he didn't ask for it.
I am The Voice of Reason

User avatar
oceanvue
Posts: 5928
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:09 pm

Re: JULY 4TH 2011

Post by oceanvue » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:03 pm

Paul wrote:Wasted day and wasted night...starts with a three egg breakfast at Ted's in Laguna Niguel and it will be topped off with a half dozen Hebrew National dogs...mustard, relish, onions, celery salt...grilled buns...a half dozen Pacificos, and a huge bowl of combination Ben and Jerrey's Cherry Garcia and New York Double Fudge Chunk, smothered with chocolate syrup, eight or ten sliced strawberries, and some cut up cashews....somewhere in the process I'll think of all the poor schmucks who don't live in this country. Happy Birthday, USA!!!

that's a hell of a breakfast. What's for lunch?
Image

User avatar
SOCTE
Posts: 4033
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:32 pm

Re: JULY 4TH 2011

Post by SOCTE » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:08 pm

Today at around 3:30PM: Hitting local watering hole (tailgate). Then off to check-out the Blew Crew at the Red Crew with some Friends.
Mañana: 41st Annual Family BBQ at Pearson Park in Anaheim (Harbor Blvd. at Sycamore) - Noon to Dusk. Everyone welcomed (look for the tapestry of people). BYOB, cups, sun block, cap and a beísbol glove . . .
Sunday: Bolsa Chica State Beach - Tower 17 with Friends and Family (I understand Sunday's gonna be a scorcher). Drinks throughout and fireworks at Dusk.
Monday: Brunch at TAP'S with Family, pool, more Family quality time, BBQ, drinks and fireworks.
Tuesday: Advised office I would roll-in late (tenish) . . . :thumbsup:

Feliz Cumpleaños, America! :cheers:

Have a Safe and Happy Fourth.

Remember, Don't Drink and Drive (especially Southland freeways, as the CHiPS will be out in force).

:mex:
Image

slowyoroll
Posts: 13235
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:53 am

Re: JULY 4TH 2011

Post by slowyoroll » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:10 pm

SOCTE wrote:Today at around 3:30PM: Hitting local watering hole (tailgate). Then off to check-out the Blew Crew at the Red Crew with some Friends.
Mañana: 41st Annual Family BBQ at Pearson Park in Anaheim (Harbor Blvd. at Sycamore) - Noon to Dusk. Everyone welcomed (look for the tapestry of people). BYOB, cups, sun block, cap and a beísbol glove . . .
Sunday: Bolsa Chica State Beach - Tower 17 with Friends and Family (I understand Sunday's gonna be a scorcher). Drinks throughout and fireworks at Dusk.
Monday: Brunch at TAP'S with Family, pool, more Family quality time, BBQ, drinks and fireworks.
Tuesday: Advised office I would roll-in late (tenish) . . . :thumbsup:

Feliz Cumpleaños, America! :cheers:

Have a Safe and Happy Fourth.

Remember, Don't Drink and Drive (especially Southland freeways, as the CHiPS will be out in force).

:mex:
You Win!!! Sounds like a great weekend..have fun and be safe :thumbsup:
"IF YOU'RE NOT RICH, IF YOU DON'T HAVE A JOB DON'T BLAME WALL STREET BLAME YOURSELF!"

HERMAN CAIN

IDIOT

User avatar
Notorious
Posts: 11909
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:56 am

Re: JULY 4TH 2011

Post by Notorious » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:14 pm

Leaving for Vegas in 2 hours.

I don't have any plans or a place to stay really, we'll see how this works out.
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch

User avatar
SOCTE
Posts: 4033
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:32 pm

Re: JULY 4TH 2011

Post by SOCTE » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:14 pm

slowyoroll wrote: You Win!!! Sounds like a great weekend..have fun and be safe :thumbsup:
Thanks, slow. You too. :cheers:
Image

User avatar
oceanvue
Posts: 5928
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:09 pm

Re: JULY 4TH 2011

Post by oceanvue » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:15 pm

Feliz cuatro de Julio
Image

Post Reply