Experience the Apollo 11 moon landing

If it doesn't fit anywhere else
kramer

Experience the Apollo 11 moon landing

Postby kramer » Thu May 02, 2013 9:29 am

It's about 18 minutes long, you can watch it here:
http://www.firstmenonthemoon.com/

“We should have been warned by the CFC/ozone affair because the corruption of science in that was so bad that something like 80% of the measurements being made during that time were either faked, or incompetently done.”

- Scientist James Lovelock

Parrotpaul

Re: Experience the Apollo 11 moon landing

Postby Parrotpaul » Thu May 02, 2013 9:40 am

Thanks, Kramer...I saw it when it happened.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Thu May 02, 2013 9:45 am

Excellent find!
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Thu May 02, 2013 10:33 am

Thanks foe the link...I posted it to FB. :cheers:
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Thu May 02, 2013 11:00 am

Like PP I remember watching it when it happened. We had a color TV with a remote control that attached to the TV with long cord.

It was cool to read a transcript of the communications and see who was saying what.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Thu May 02, 2013 11:28 am

I was a 4 months newly married 26 year old college student when that occurred. I worked nights in the cutting room of a local whiting fishery that summer...I reeked of fish guts as we watched it on a 21 inch BW Philco in our $130 a month one BR apartment....it was late at night....it really was exciting...took the chill off the first six months of the Nixon Administration.

Return to “The Off Topic Forum”