Rick Perry blames back problems on small businessman's boots

If it doesn't fit anywhere else
Parrotpaul

Rick Perry blames back problems on small businessman's boots

Postby Parrotpaul » Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:15 am

Texas Governor Rick Perry divorced himself from the cowboy boots this elderly Texas boot maker has been making for Presidents and other luminaries for decades. Rick claims backproblems....the rest of us are thinking another bogus POTUS run in 2016...he wants an image change. I'm thinking the poor old guy will lose customers, and his business will go belly up. What a terrible thing for anyone to do, but a Texas governor....WTF? The shame...the horror...the Tea Party....

In fact, Mr. Perry’s remark that he was no longer wearing boots appeared to violate at least the spirit of House Concurrent Resolution No. 151 — a formal declaration by the Texas Legislature designating cowboy boots as the state footwear of Texas, in honor of their role “in the mythic romance of the Lone Star State.” Mr. Perry signed the resolution in June 2007.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/03/us/ri ... .html?_r=0

"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

not4u13

Re: Rick Perry blames back problems on small businessman's b

Postby not4u13 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:59 am

Doubtful this will have any impact whatsoever on the boot maker, aside from losing Perry as a customer. I'm sure the national publicity will actually turn out to be good.
Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountain is going home; that wildness is necessity; John Muir
http://www.quotesdaddy.com

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:12 am

I never doubted that for a moment...every knock's a plug. :mrgreen:
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Troglodyte

Postby Troglodyte » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:04 am

The bootmaker offered to make him a pair with lower heels and work with an orthopedic surgeon to accommodate Perry.. In the article yesterday, the bootmaker is still waiting for a return phonecall.
--:-- Death of a cool tradition...
Jerry Brown should start wearing flip-flops. Start a California tradition... :lol:
Nah!! Wrong image for most politicians.. Close to the truth though..
Hawaiian shirts... :oops: Wrong state..... Surfer baggies.. Yeah!!! =D>
I don't suffer from any mental illnesses.. I enjoy them..

Return to “The Off Topic Forum”