[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5348: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3937)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5348: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3937)
Laguna Beach apartment advice - Orange County Forums

Laguna Beach apartment advice

If it doesn't fit anywhere else
hoagie123

Laguna Beach apartment advice

Postby hoagie123 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:32 am

My wife and I are moving to Orange County from Brooklyn on April 1 2016. We're pretty hell bent on living in Laguna Beach, although we're considering neighboring areas (CDM, Dana Point, Huntington, etc.).

In NY, searching for apartments online is a losing battle. I've already reached out to a handful of OC realtors and will be visiting in February to hopefully look at places, but am curious if there's any secret to finding a place in Laguna Beach. I realize there's limited real estate in the area. All of the online listing are just reposts of the same 5-10 properties. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

ShiftyMutt

Re: Laguna Beach apartment advice

Postby ShiftyMutt » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:12 pm

And you've checked Craigslist and Zillow? Maybe try OC Register online?

Troglodyte

Postby Troglodyte » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:49 am

The reposting of the same few properties should be your first clue about rental conditions in Laguna Beach. Scarce and expensive. Well compared to NYC maybe not that expensive.
Most people in SoCal feel that Laguna Beach is a quaint town to visit, but not to live there. There are only three ways up or down the coast from there, Pacific Coast Hwy, the 5 freeway or the toll road after a trip through Laguna Canyon road. Most any time a commuter’s nightmare.
I will say a little about the alternative life style there. Imagine Greenwich Village in Lower Manhattan. Mix in a bunch of retirees, artists, and ultra liberals and you come close.
Follow shifty mutt's advice before commiting.
I don't suffer from any mental illnesses.. I enjoy them..

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:00 pm

That's a pretty accurate description of Laguna Beach, and if you have to get somewhere...anywhere in a hurry, you will want to kill all drivers in Laguna Beach. They resent anyone who drives faster than 15 MPH...in all two lanes. :mrgreen:
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:13 pm

Don't look at me, I just work here.

joefutbol

Postby joefutbol » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:36 am

What's your price range and what size place are you looking for?

Return to “The Off Topic Forum”