Kinky Christians.

User avatar
Fordama
Posts: 18224
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:12 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 2 times

Kinky Christians.

Post by Fordama »

This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK
User avatar
GOODave
Posts: 26392
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:21 pm

Re: Kinky Christians.

Post by GOODave »

so you either don't believe what they do in their own homes and families are their own business ...

OR

you just posted that in an attempt to ridicule and disdain ...

Which?
User avatar
Fordama
Posts: 18224
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:12 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Kinky Christians.

Post by Fordama »

GOODave wrote:so you either don't believe what they do in their own homes and families are their own business ...

OR

you just posted that in an attempt to ridicule and disdain ...

Which?
Neither.

It's just weird.

Fordama
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK
User avatar
GOODave
Posts: 26392
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:21 pm

Re: Kinky Christians.

Post by GOODave »

Fordama wrote:Neither.

It's just weird.

Fordama
to you, possibly. But you either don't believe what they do in their own homes and families are their own business ...

OR

you just posted that in an attempt to ridicule and disdain ...

Which?
User avatar
Fordama
Posts: 18224
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:12 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Kinky Christians.

Post by Fordama »

GOODave wrote: to you, possibly. But you either don't believe what they do in their own homes and families are their own business ...

OR

you just posted that in an attempt to ridicule and disdain ...

Which?
Neither...it's weird. Odd.

So do you think this site is on the up and up? I was thinking that it might be some sort of spoof on Christians.

Fordama
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK
User avatar
Parrotpaul
Posts: 33551
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:14 pm
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: Kinky Christians.

Post by Parrotpaul »

I'm thinking Dave really really likes the entire concept.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke
afan95
Posts: 1738
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:43 pm

Re: Kinky Christians.

Post by afan95 »

I would like to know how Fordama found this site.... [-X
It's my Board and I will censor you when I feel like it JQP
User avatar
Parrotpaul
Posts: 33551
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:14 pm
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: Kinky Christians.

Post by Parrotpaul »

afan95 wrote:I would like to know how Fordama found this site.... [-X
It appears as if it is becoming increasingly more popular and growing among Christians.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/articl ... html?cat=7
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke
User avatar
GOODave
Posts: 26392
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:21 pm

Re: Kinky Christians.

Post by GOODave »

Fordama wrote: Neither...it's weird. Odd.

So do you think this site is on the up and up? I was thinking that it might be some sort of spoof on Christians.

Fordama
Doesn't look like it. I had the same impression about the Fred Phelps kind of people: I can't and won't question their salvation but their perspective on certain aspects of their belief system are a bit to the left of realistic.

I didn't read that much of it, mostly tried to find who put it out there, but what I read doesn't necessarily conflict with Scripture as much as it conflicts with my understanding of Scripture. As you well know, there are a number of denominations out there who agree on the fundamental tenets of Christianity, but have various interpretations of the "negotiables."

This appears to be one of those issues.

BUT, why did you post it?
User avatar
GOODave
Posts: 26392
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:21 pm

Re: Kinky Christians.

Post by GOODave »

Parrotpaul wrote: It appears as if it is becoming increasingly more popular and growing among Christians ...to those intenet on disdaining and disparaging them.
there, fixed that for you.
User avatar
Fordama
Posts: 18224
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:12 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Kinky Christians.

Post by Fordama »

GOODave wrote: Doesn't look like it. I had the same impression about the Fred Phelps kind of people: I can't and won't question their salvation but their perspective on certain aspects of their belief system are a bit to the left of realistic.

I didn't read that much of it, mostly tried to find who put it out there, but what I read doesn't necessarily conflict with Scripture as much as it conflicts with my understanding of Scripture. As you well know, there are a number of denominations out there who agree on the fundamental tenets of Christianity, but have various interpretations of the "negotiables."

This appears to be one of those issues.

BUT, why did you post it?
I told you--it's strange. Weird. Odd. Unusal. Haven't seen such a thing before.

It came to me on FB. A friend of mine read about it on an atheist blog.

Fordama
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK
User avatar
GOODave
Posts: 26392
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:21 pm

Re: Kinky Christians.

Post by GOODave »

Fordama wrote:I told you--it's strange. Weird. Odd. Unusal. Haven't seen such a thing before.
Really?

I've seen quite a bit of it reaching as far back as the 70's and 80's with the Holiness and Charismatic groups with which I fellowshipped at the time.
THe Nug
Posts: 1879
Joined: Mon May 12, 2008 2:22 pm

Re: Kinky Christians.

Post by THe Nug »

Fordama wrote:I think they're serious.

http://christiandomesticdiscipline.com/
I don't care much for the subject line.
User avatar
camulos
Posts: 1046
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:02 pm

Re: Kinky Christians.

Post by camulos »

Fordama wrote:I think they're serious.

http://christiandomesticdiscipline.com/
A Domestic Discipline (DD) marriage is one in which one partner is given authority over the other, and has the means to back up that authority, usually by spanking.
I agree: odd.

Biblically speaking (for those of us who believe the Word of God), the "means to back up that authority" is found in the Bible as the straightforward statement that the husband is the head over the wife. Were they truely practicing "Christians", they wouldn't be publicizing their 'intimacies' in such fashion, and wouldn't believe they had to rely on "spanking" to "back up that authority".

Just my observation.

Again, I agree: odd and wierd.

:2cents:
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure." -Thomas Jefferson
User avatar
Fordama
Posts: 18224
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:12 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Kinky Christians.

Post by Fordama »

GOODave wrote: Really?

I've seen quite a bit of it reaching as far back as the 70's and 80's with the Holiness and Charismatic groups with which I fellowshipped at the time.
Interesting. I mean, I'm familiar with, uh, recreational spanking, but actually tying it into anything so serious is new to me.

Fordama
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK
User avatar
SoMelo
Posts: 12322
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:51 pm

Re: Kinky Christians.

Post by SoMelo »

Fordama wrote:Interesting. I mean, I'm familiar with, uh, recreational spanking, but actually tying it into anything so serious is new to me.

Fordama
Do they get put in time out first? :eh?:
User avatar
camulos
Posts: 1046
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:02 pm

Re: Kinky Christians.

Post by camulos »

SoMelo wrote: Do they get put in time out first? :eh?:

[-X Oh no you di-int!!

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure." -Thomas Jefferson
User avatar
AsIfYouKnew
Posts: 7264
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:01 am

Re: Kinky Christians.

Post by AsIfYouKnew »

Fordama wrote:Interesting. I mean, I'm familiar with, uh, recreational spanking, but actually tying it into anything so serious is new to me.

Fordama
Not sure I agree with this, but it is definately preferable to a right cross or a kick.
When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.
Jonathan Swift

http://www.civilityinamerica.org/en/index.html
User avatar
GOODave
Posts: 26392
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:21 pm

Re: Kinky Christians.

Post by GOODave »

I guess I didn't know this "Christian Domestic Discipline" was so focused on the man spanking his wife for what he considers misbehavior.

That raises a red flag for me: I would not hesitate to do so if circumstances warrant, but to date, I have not even spanked my children (other than a swat on the butt to get their attention which is NOT spanking and not the kind of spanking spoken of here).

I went a bit deeper into that website Fordy provided at the beginning and followed a couple of the links and found there are quite a few websites advocating "Christian Domestic Discipline," the basic premise of which, I agree (as Cam noted above) is Scriptural... but nowhere does Scripture advocate spanking.

On one website, I found the following apparent contradiction in support of adult men spanking their wives:
The wife is a reflection on her husband, and it is his job to cleanse her of her ill manners, school her in scripture and present her “without blemish” to the church...

Many women want Domestic Discipline and even initiate it by suggesting the notion to their husbands. A wise man, if he’s inclined, will take her up on it, for the joys are myriad. Women, being wise (for God made them that way since wisdom goes hand in hand with motherhood!) often realize the benefits that structure and discipline can have in their own lives and in their relationship. They are good at listening to the Holy Spirit, and responding when they get the message that that Biblical submission to a godly husband will enhance their lives.
First, if the wife is "good at listening to hte Holy Spirit," she doesn't need her husband "cleansing her of ill manners" since she is already getting that input from the Holy Spirit: However, the husband, as Scriptural head of hte household, IS responsible for instructing the entire family (not just his wife) in Scripture.

Second, we as human beings will never be "without blemish" inside or outside of "the church" as long as we are living, free will human beings. So that part about presenting our wives "without blemish" sounds to be a moot undertaking since it is doomed to failure from the outset.

So, anyway, while I am very familiar with husbands being the "final authority" before God over their whole family, such a spiritual leadership doesn't necessarily mean "dictatorial" or even "authoritarian." It simply means Scripture indicates the husband is the one God will hold responsible for the family direction.
Charles
Posts: 809
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:39 pm

Re: Kinky Christians.

Post by Charles »

Another day, another story, but this time it is pretty close to home.


Pastor accused of lewd acts with boy

Image
Post Reply