Restaurants You Would Recommend

Notorious

Re: Restaurants You Would Recommend

Post by Notorious »

Parrotpaul wrote: And how did you know all the Kenyans you saw were Kenyans?
Because I was in Kenya?
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch
Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul »

Notorious wrote: Because I was in Kenya?
That was all a pipe dream you tried to foist on us a couple years ago...you couldn't find Kenya on a map. Show us the pics.

Any decent restaurants in Nairobi? Eat any ostrich eggs? Can you imagine a six ostrich egg omelette....take three men and a boy to carry it.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke
Notorious

Post by Notorious »

Parrotpaul wrote: That was all a pipe dream you tried to foist on us a couple years ago...you couldn't find Kenya on a map. Show us the pics.

Any decent restaurants in Nairobi? Eat any ostrich eggs? Can you imagine a six ostrich egg omelette....take three men and a boy to carry it.
I posted pictures from it the day I got back.

I didn't eat any ostrich eggs, but I had some ostrich meatballs, and some zebra, and crocodile, and camels.

I was only in Nairobi for part of the time mostly I was 15 miles or so outside of Nairobi.
AsIfYouKnew

Post by AsIfYouKnew »

Parrotpaul wrote: Really....dark hair...dark eyes....that certainly narrows it down from all the other Middle Eastern ethnicities that live in Israel and around the rest of the Mediterranian.

"They just have a look..." Hmmmm...isn't that the beginning of prejudice?

Ted's in Laguna Niguel for breakfast.
Ted's has an excellent Bean and Cheese burrito. They put Avocado in (without asking) and it is an excellent post-swim feed.
When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.
Jonathan Swift

http://www.civilityinamerica.org/en/index.html
Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul »

Notorious wrote: I posted pictures from it the day I got back.

I didn't eat any ostrich eggs, but I had some ostrich meatballs, and some zebra, and crocodile, and camels.

I was only in Nairobi for part of the time mostly I was 15 miles or so outside of Nairobi.
I'm not very adventurous when it comes to eating exotic stuff. I once ate bison...it wasn't all that good. I have this New England meat and potatoes kind of food culture that I still carry around with me. If I'm hungry, I want to know what I eat will fill me up, and that it tastes good going down.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke
Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul »

AsIfYouKnew wrote:
Ted's has an excellent Bean and Cheese burrito. They put Avocado in (without asking) and it is an excellent post-swim feed.
Ted's portions are over the top....the stuff isn't eactly healthy, but when they have to put the hashbrowns on the plate with a shovel, you know you've hit the jackpot.....soooo good.
Notorious

Post by Notorious »

Parrotpaul wrote: I'm not very adventurous when it comes to eating exotic stuff. I once ate bison...it wasn't all that good. I have this New England meat and potatoes kind of food culture that I still carry around with me. If I'm hungry, I want to know what I eat will fill me up, and that it tastes good going down.
They had a good American burger place.

They actually have some good beer choices there too.
Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul »

Notorious wrote: They had a good American burger place.

They actually have some good beer choices there too.
They can probably thank the Brits for the beer.

Any idea what they used in the burgers...was it beef? Speaking of omelettes....they are a universal restaurant choice....you can get an omelette pretty much everywhere.
Notorious

Post by Notorious »

Parrotpaul wrote: They can probably thank the Brits for the beer.

Any idea what they used in the burgers...was it beef? Speaking of omelettes....they are a universal restaurant choice....you can get an omelette pretty much everywhere.
Beef I assumed, it was upscale and basically made for the tourists. Most the time I lived off of soup and then whatever I wanted for breakfast (made a bomb breakfast burrito a few times).

Lunch I ate was most the poor locals eat which was just cabbage and this weird type of bread thing with rice.
Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul »

Notorious wrote: Beef I assumed, it was upscale and basically made for the tourists. Most the time I lived off of soup and then whatever I wanted for breakfast (made a bomb breakfast burrito a few times).

Lunch I ate was most the poor locals eat which was just cabbage and this weird type of bread thing with rice.
Carbs....brain food....good thinking. I've always eaten what the poor locals are eating my entire lifetime.
slowyoroll

Post by slowyoroll »

RA Sushi..The district..
"IF YOU'RE NOT RICH, IF YOU DON'T HAVE A JOB DON'T BLAME WALL STREET BLAME YOURSELF!"

HERMAN CAIN

IDIOT
SoMelo

Post by SoMelo »

Marri's Pizza & Italina Restaurant - Long Beach or Anaheim :thumbsup:
AsIfYouKnew

Post by AsIfYouKnew »

Bad to the Bone, San Juan Capistrano.

Great BBQ, Capistrano Brewery on tap.
When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.
Jonathan Swift

http://www.civilityinamerica.org/en/index.html
slowyoroll

Post by slowyoroll »

Hanna's (Coto)
"IF YOU'RE NOT RICH, IF YOU DON'T HAVE A JOB DON'T BLAME WALL STREET BLAME YOURSELF!"

HERMAN CAIN

IDIOT
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

oceanvue wrote: Shore House is on 2nd st. Long Beach. Speaking of Dana Point one of my favorite hang outs was Reinsurance Cafe for dinner, drinks and music. I quit going to Salt Creek Grill when they got rid of Derrick and went to that easy listening crap
slowyoroll wrote:Is he a singer..black dude?
He wasn't a big guy from Antigua or someplace like that, was he? Maybe with mufti-colored hair? Just curious. I have a friend who fits the description. There's like 20 black people in OC. How many of them could be named Derrick and sing?
Don't look at me, I just work here.
slowyoroll

Post by slowyoroll »

Ball Park Pizza..santa marg..had it last night for the first time in years..
soo good...

HERMAN CAIN

IDIOT
oceanvue

Post by oceanvue »

John Q. Public wrote:

He wasn't a big guy from Antigua or someplace like that, was he? Maybe with mufti-colored hair? Just curious. I have a friend who fits the description. There's like 20 black people in OC. How many of them could be named Derrick and sing?
Could be big guy but not the hair. They played there from early 90's until about 2002. He was absolutely fantastic and packed the joint Thursday-Saturday. Has a brother that can flat out play the strat
oceanvue

Post by oceanvue »

China Moon on Crown Valley is one of my favorites.
Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul »

Does anyone know of a decent szechuan restaurant in south OC? Cantonese seems to be the only Chinese in the area.
Charles

Post by Charles »

I am in the process of reading "Orange County" by Gustavo Arellano, the guy who writes "Ask A Mexican". Throughout the book he recommends the best restaurants in many towns in OC. I copied them down and here they are:

Wholesome choice Irvine
Ramos House Cafe SJC
Aloha BBQ MV
El Fortin Fullerton
Supatra's Thai Bistro YL
Chung Ki Was Tofu BP
Ellens Pinoy Grill La Palma
Shin-Sen Gumi Ramen FV
Chicken Box La Habra
Abel's Bakery Lake Forest
Regina's Garden Grove
Nory's Stanton