Burger Wars

SOCTE

Re: Burger Wars

Postby SOCTE » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:44 pm

Here's the latest report from West Coast Burgers:

Went back last night and ordered "The Mammoth" combo (with fries and medium drink).

Had the triple patty with cheese and pastrami - except I substituted the ham for 6 pieces of bacon (two slices between each patty).

Their portion of fries are generous, however, their burger is (by far) the BIGGEST I've ever had and (quite possibly) the best I've ever tasted (In-and-Out is still one of my all-time favorites).

I'm sorry to report, that I was only able to eat a little less than half, before I doggie-bagged that bad boy.

On a positive note - I was able to consume most of the fries. :thumbsup:

Place is great!
:cheers:

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:55 pm

SOCTE wrote:Here's the latest report from West Coast Burgers:

Went back last night and ordered "The Mammoth" combo (with fries and medium drink).

Had the triple patty with cheese and pastrami - except I substituted the ham for 6 pieces of bacon (two slices between each patty).

Their portion of fries are generous, however, their burger is (by far) the BIGGEST I've ever had and (quite possibly) the best I've ever tasted (In-and-Out is still one of my all-time favorites).

I'm sorry to report, that I was only able to eat a little less than half, before I doggie-bagged that bad boy.

On a positive note - I was able to consume most of the fries. :thumbsup:

Place is great!
:cheers:

Salivating is not good...I need to try this place.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

SoMelo

Postby SoMelo » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:56 pm

I'm going to try and get over there sometime over the weekend

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:04 pm

Melo...I have bitten my nails down to the quick awaiting your expert opinion and analysis of West Coast Burgers. Talk to us....
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

SoMelo

Postby SoMelo » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:29 pm

Paul wrote:Melo...I have bitten my nails down to the quick awaiting your expert opinion and analysis of West Coast Burgers. Talk to us....

Hah.. I'm hardly a burger expert (I know what I like) ... It was very tasty - BIG, juicy and very messy. We had to order it to go because Huck snuck out the door and decided he wasn't going anywhere but in the Suburban. I ordered the bacon avocado burger (no cheese or 1000 island sauce) with grilled onions. They have a large menu (including breakfast). Definitely better than Five Guys or The Habit. We were the only ones in the restaurant while we were there (1 car came to the drive-thru). The 2 people working there were EXTREMELY nice. My only suggestions would be: the avocado was fresh but could have used an extra day or 2 to ripen (too hard) and needed more napkins (real juicy).

oh yeah.. we mentioned Facebook and got 15% off :cheers:

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:44 pm

SoMelo wrote:Hah.. I'm hardly a burger expert (I know what I like) ... It was very tasty - BIG, juicy and very messy. We had to order it to go because Huck snuck out the door and decided he wasn't going anywhere but in the Suburban. I ordered the bacon avocado burger (no cheese or 1000 island sauce) with grilled onions. They have a large menu (including breakfast). Definitely better than Five Guys or The Habit. We were the only ones in the restaurant while we were there (1 car came to the drive-thru). The 2 people working there were EXTREMELY nice. My only suggestions would be: the avocado was fresh but could have used an extra day or 2 to ripen (too hard) and needed more napkins (real juicy).

oh yeah.. we mentioned Facebook and got 15% off :cheers:

Messy is OK...it sounds like a try. Knowlwood burgers are pretty good...also messy.

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:25 pm

RMOnAir wrote:[color=#000040]Ah...Great thread...Here you go RPW...Link to websites included:

Sit Down:

Slaters 50/50 My new favorite...They are known for their 50/50 Burger...50% Ground Beef & 50% Ground Bacon...You pick the toppings...Tons of great beers on tap.

RPW wrote:I have heard about the Salter 50/50... that is now on the list.

RPW...have you tried Slater's yet? It sounds pretty good.

Notorious

Postby Notorious » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:28 pm

Big does not equal good which I don't understand people's fascinations with these ridiculous hamburgers of gargantuan build.

Plus the buns are never ever big enough to contain everything which makes trying to actually eat it as a god damn hamburger a fruitless effort.
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch

slowyoroll

Postby slowyoroll » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:31 pm

Notorious wrote:Big does not equal good which I don't understand people's fascinations with these ridiculous hamburgers of gargantuan build.

Plus the buns are never ever big enough to contain everything which makes trying to actually eat it as a god damn hamburger a fruitless effort.

I don't understand the fascination with burgers period..I love to eat but burgers
are at the bottom of my list..there are so many better foods..
"IF YOU'RE NOT RICH, IF YOU DON'T HAVE A JOB DON'T BLAME WALL STREET BLAME YOURSELF!"

HERMAN CAIN

IDIOT

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:36 pm

slowyoroll wrote:
I don't understand the fascination with burgers period..I love to eat but burgers
are at the bottom of my list..there are so many better foods..

Pizza

slowyoroll

Postby slowyoroll » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:39 pm

Paul wrote:Pizza

Salmon
Crab
Steak
chicken
Scallops
ship
tacos (I know of a place in Tustin that makes the best spare rib tacos you will ever eat)

all veggies..I could go on and on..Im starving
"IF YOU'RE NOT RICH, IF YOU DON'T HAVE A JOB DON'T BLAME WALL STREET BLAME YOURSELF!"

HERMAN CAIN

IDIOT

CredoDomer

Postby CredoDomer » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:06 pm

BREA'S BEST!
"Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom." *Alexis de Tocqueville*

joefutbol

Postby joefutbol » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:18 am

CredoDomer wrote:BREA'S BEST!

Overrated.

Best burger in Orange County is at G Burger in La Habra.... by far.

RPW

Postby RPW » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:18 am

My mom's homemade burger made in the old iron black skillet is best.
With toasted wheat bread, mayo, lettuce and tomato.
The way grease would make the bread all wet and soppy...
Simply the best!

I am The Voice of Reason

Notorious

Postby Notorious » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:06 am

Coney Island 3 Pound Hound (Hot Dog obviously) that I ate at the Catch before an Angels Game.

I'm no buster so I ate the whole thing, by myself. It was alright.

SoMelo

Postby SoMelo » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:30 am

Notorious wrote:Coney Island 3 Pound Hound (Hot Dog obviously) that I ate at the Catch before an Angels Game.

I'm no buster so I ate the whole thing, by myself. It was alright.

Your hands are kinda small and feminine :wink:

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:33 am

I presently have class of freshman honors kids....one kid has been to Slater's 50/50 in Anaheim Hills...he liked it.

Notorious

Postby Notorious » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:33 am

SoMelo wrote:Your hands are kinda small and feminine :wink:

Easier to unhook bras that way instead of having big ole meat hooves.

I don't think those are mine, they might be but I think I was taking the picture.

SoMelo

Postby SoMelo » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:34 am

Notorious wrote:Easier to unhook bras that way instead of having big ole meat hooves.

I don't think those are mine, they might be but I think I was taking the picture.

then it looks like someone is getting ready to jack your dog.

RPW

Postby RPW » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:46 am

SoMelo wrote:then it looks like someone is getting ready to jack your dog.

Hilarious!
I still can't believe you said that... and I read this twice.
I am The Voice of Reason

Return to “Food and Beverages”