FOOD ALERT FOR BUC PRIDE!!!!

Post Reply
User avatar
Parrotpaul
Posts: 33550
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:14 pm

FOOD ALERT FOR BUC PRIDE!!!!

Post by Parrotpaul » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:04 am

Buc, we will be heading up to Huntington Beach a little later this morning....by bus.. :mrgreen:

Longboard's on Main Street is having its annual lobster fest. It started on Friday and goes on for about a month. So far, it has not been made public. Members of the website get advanced notice.

Two boiled Maine lobsters and some spuds for $23.95. My goal today is to eat four lobsters and drink a bottle of Sam Adams with each crustaceon.. They can keep the potatoes. Drop on in if you are interested. I'll be the guy with the hottie blonde, and I'll be wearing Patriot gear. I suspect we will be arriving somewhere around 2:30. LMK.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Red
Posts: 17717
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:33 pm

Re: FOOD ALERT FOR BUC PRIDE!!!!

Post by Red » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:01 pm

Parrotpaul wrote:Buc, we will be heading up to Huntington Beach a little later this morning....by bus.. :mrgreen:

Longboard's on Main Street is having its annual lobster fest. It started on Friday and goes on for about a month. So far, it has not been made public. Members of the website get advanced notice.

Two boiled Maine lobsters and some spuds for $23.95. My goal today is to eat four lobsters and drink a bottle of Sam Adams with each crustaceon.. They can keep the potatoes. Drop on in if you are interested. I'll be the guy with the hottie blonde, and I'll be wearing Patriot gear. I suspect we will be arriving somewhere around 2:30. LMK.
Bottom feeder eater!

User avatar
Parrotpaul
Posts: 33550
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:14 pm

Re: FOOD ALERT FOR BUC PRIDE!!!!

Post by Parrotpaul » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:57 pm

They were excellent. Succulent, sweet, and tasty....I did do four, BTW, but I only drank three Sam Adams.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

User avatar
GOODave
Posts: 26392
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:21 pm

Re: FOOD ALERT FOR BUC PRIDE!!!!

Post by GOODave » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:04 pm

Parrotpaul wrote:They were excellent. Succulent, sweet, and tasty....I did do four, BTW, but I only drank three Sam Adams.
Were they the same as they were when you lived there?

User avatar
Parrotpaul
Posts: 33550
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:14 pm

Re: FOOD ALERT FOR BUC PRIDE!!!!

Post by Parrotpaul » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:11 pm

They were chicken lobsters...about one pound, hard shell, recently molted. They were overcooked by about one minute. They certainly weren't the best Maine lobsters I have ever eaten, but they were good enough to take the edge off.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

User avatar
kevinhurl
Posts: 2297
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:46 pm

Re: FOOD ALERT FOR BUC PRIDE!!!!

Post by kevinhurl » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:11 pm

Parrotpaul wrote:They were chicken lobsters...about one pound, hard shell, recently molted. They were overcooked by about one minute. They certainly weren't the best Maine lobsters I have ever eaten, but they were good enough to take the edge off.
Was the bus ride as good? :lol:
May the roof above us never fall in.
And may the friends gathered below it never fall out.
Image
More World Championships than any other team in the NFL.

User avatar
Parrotpaul
Posts: 33550
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:14 pm

Re: FOOD ALERT FOR BUC PRIDE!!!!

Post by Parrotpaul » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:42 pm

Parrotpaul wrote:They were chicken lobsters...about one pound, hard shell, recently molted. They were overcooked by about one minute. They certainly weren't the best Maine lobsters I have ever eaten, but they were good enough to take the edge off.
kevinhurl wrote:Was the bus ride as good? :lol:
Actually it was tedious as hell. There was a driver in training going from Laguna Hills to Laguna Beach. He was nine minutes late, so we missed the connection with the #1 bus and had to wait about 35 minutes for the next one. In addition he zoomed by a stop with two people at the corner of Los Alisos and El Toro. The person rating him was a little miffed. He kept going. The next bus only went to the Newport Transportation Center where we had to wait another 30 minutes before completing the trip to HB.

The return trip was long as well. It left HB around 4PM, and the crowd that travels that route is strange to say the least. It's like all the homeless people in OC are returning to Laguna Beach for the night. One scruffy old dude stood up from the back of the bus every so often and screamed, "world peace." Another real old dude got on the bus in Carona...he looked like a poverty version of Santana, and he had a guitar and a huge whicker basket full of life's flotsam and jetsom. He dropped his handful of nickels all over the floor, and that took a bunch of time for him to find his money and pay his fare.

The ride from Laguna Brach to Laguna Hills was full of workers who wanted to occupy two seats for each of them. Lots of grumbling bus riders, and lots of selfish passengers.

The lobsters were OK, and I do understand that all bus trips can't be wonderful.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

User avatar
kevinhurl
Posts: 2297
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:46 pm

Re: FOOD ALERT FOR BUC PRIDE!!!!

Post by kevinhurl » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:45 pm

Parrotpaul wrote:
Actually it was tedious as hell. There was a driver in training going from Laguna Hills to Laguna Beach. He was nine minutes late, so we missed the connection with the #1 bus and had to wait about 35 minutes for the next one. In addition he zoomed by a stop with two people at the corner of Los Alisos and El Toro. The person rating him was a little miffed. He kept going. The next bus only went to the Newport Transportation Center where we had to wait another 30 minutes before completing the trip to HB.

The return trip was long as well. It left HB around 4PM, and the crowd that travels that route is strange to say the least. It's like all the homeless people in OC are returning to Laguna Beach for the night. One scruffy old dude stood up from the back of the bus every so often and screamed, "world peace." Another real old dude got on the bus in Carona...he looked like a poverty version of Santana, and he had a guitar and a huge whicker basket full of life's flotsam and jetsom. He dropped his handful of nickels all over the floor, and that took a bunch of time for him to find his money and pay his fare.

The ride from Laguna Brach to Laguna Hills was full of workers who wanted to occupy two seats for each of them. Lots of grumbling bus riders, and lots of selfish passengers.

The lobsters were OK, and I do understand that all bus trips can't be wonderful.

:lol: =D> Classic...Welcome to my world.
May the roof above us never fall in.
And may the friends gathered below it never fall out.
Image
More World Championships than any other team in the NFL.

User avatar
Parrotpaul
Posts: 33550
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:14 pm

Re: FOOD ALERT FOR BUC PRIDE!!!!

Post by Parrotpaul » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:51 pm

Correction...it was Aliso Creek Road and El Toro...not Los Alisos.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Post Reply