Grilled Cheese

User avatar
Wolves
Posts: 2146
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:44 pm

Re: Grilled Cheese

Post by Wolves » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:28 pm

Lancer4Life wrote: Wow that must be some special recipe Wolves it only took you 21 posts to answer the question. :roll:
Have you never heard of anticipation? Like Heinz Ketchup....

User avatar
Lancer4Life
Posts: 2413
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:49 am

Re: Grilled Cheese

Post by Lancer4Life » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:41 pm

Wolves wrote:
Have you never heard of anticipation? Like Heinz Ketchup....
:mrgreen:
Image

MDDad
Posts: 12125
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:24 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Grilled Cheese

Post by MDDad » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:20 am

MDDad wrote:
I make my beef broth the same way, except I use a dead chicken. It's cheaper.

MDD

Is this the gayest thread in the history of messageboards?
bandwagon wrote:So I take it you don't cook?
Actually, I do. I was a chef in a steakhouse all four years of college, and I've been cooking ever since.

MDD

User avatar
Lancer4Life
Posts: 2413
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:49 am

Re: Grilled Cheese

Post by Lancer4Life » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:24 am

MDDad wrote:


Actually, I do. I was a chef in a steakhouse all four years of college, and I've been cooking ever since.

MDD
Image

Do you or have you ever attempted to use a smoker?
That's pretty much all I do in the summer. Nothing like hickory smoked pulled pork.
Image

MDDad
Posts: 12125
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:24 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Grilled Cheese

Post by MDDad » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:04 am

Lancer4Life wrote:Do you or have you ever attempted to use a smoker? Yes, when I was younger I tried to use a smoker several times, but I was always put off by her breath. I'm much more attracted to non-smokers.

Seriously, yes. When I was a kid, my uncle owned a chicken ranch and he had a home-made brick smoker. We would help him butcher a hog twice a year, and the amount of pork and fresh sausage that came out of that smoker still astounds me. I haven't used a smoker for many years, but I often think about getting back into it.



That's pretty much all I do in the summer. Nothing like hickory smoked pulled pork. Bingo. Pulled pork on a warm, crispy french roll is one of the great pleasures of life . . . as long as it isn't smothered in store-bought BBQ sauce. There's just something about pulling pork . . .

MDD

User avatar
Lancer4Life
Posts: 2413
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:49 am

Re: Grilled Cheese

Post by Lancer4Life » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:07 am

MDDad wrote:
Just once I'd like a serious answer. You were good until the last line.
Image

User avatar
Wolves
Posts: 2146
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:44 pm

Re: Grilled Cheese

Post by Wolves » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:12 am

Lancer4Life wrote: Just once I'd like a serious answer. You were good until the last line.
Do you have to pull sausages?

What the heck is pulled pork vs regular pork?

User avatar
Lancer4Life
Posts: 2413
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:49 am

Re: Grilled Cheese

Post by Lancer4Life » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:14 am

Wolves wrote:
Do you have to pull sausages?

What the heck is pulled pork vs regular pork?
Kinda like BBQ beef sandwich but with pork. You ever been to Tulsa Rib in Orange? Great place.
Image

User avatar
Parrotpaul
Posts: 33550
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:14 pm

Re: Grilled Cheese

Post by Parrotpaul » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:30 am

Lancer4Life wrote: Kinda like BBQ beef sandwich but with pork. You ever been to Tulsa Rib in Orange? Great place.
Pulled pork is pork that has been pulled away from the bone...it is kind of shredded.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

User avatar
Lancer4Life
Posts: 2413
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:49 am

Re: Grilled Cheese

Post by Lancer4Life » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:53 am

Parrotpaul wrote:Pulled pork is pork that has been pulled away from the bone...it is kind of shredded.
I use boneless pork butt and smoke ut for about 8=10 hrs. makes for a early morning start, but it sure smells good while it's cooking.
Image

User avatar
GOODave
Posts: 26392
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:21 pm

Re: Grilled Cheese

Post by GOODave » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:30 am

Lancer4Life wrote: Do you or have you ever attempted to use a smoker?
That's pretty much all I do in the summer. Nothing like hickory smoked pulled pork.
Hmmmm ... Hickory is fine for beef but I prefer apple chips for pork.

That's another thing I took up when I got here: Got me a double barrelled Smoker/barbecue and smoked meats pretty much all year that first year.

In '99, though, I married my wife who is allergic to charcoal so had to give it to a friend.

One of the hardware stores here carried bags of different woods and I had a bag of each, Apple, Cherry, Hickory, and Mesquite. I worked with a lady who's husband ran a hog farm .... MERCIFUL HEAVENS, hold me back: I almost married HIM instead of my wife. Fresh chops, loins, butts ....

HEY, it's lunchtime here: See you guys later. :P

User avatar
Wolves
Posts: 2146
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:44 pm

Re: Grilled Cheese

Post by Wolves » Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:36 pm

Lancer4Life wrote: Image

Do you or have you ever attempted to use a smoker?
I would like to attempt to smoke a smoker.

User avatar
kevinhurl
Posts: 2297
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:46 pm

Re: Grilled Cheese

Post by kevinhurl » Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:39 pm

Wolves wrote:
I would like to attempt to smoke a smoker.

Wolves come on over. I'll make you a grilled cheese sandwich, we can have a few beers and a cigar. :-"
May the roof above us never fall in.
And may the friends gathered below it never fall out.
Image
More World Championships than any other team in the NFL.

User avatar
Wolves
Posts: 2146
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:44 pm

Re: Grilled Cheese

Post by Wolves » Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:54 pm

kevinhurl wrote:

Wolves come on over. I'll make you a grilled cheese sandwich, we can have a few beers and a cigar. :-"
One of those Bill Clinton Cigars?

I would love to do the grilled cheese but...
Just had a nice big chunk of Stouffers Lasagna....ahhhhhhhh.

Saving the beers for tomorrow at 3:30. My liver can only take so much.
I'm down for a Cigar as long as you don't throw the nasty end out the window.

User avatar
kevinhurl
Posts: 2297
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:46 pm

Re: Grilled Cheese

Post by kevinhurl » Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:57 pm

Wolves wrote:
One of those Bill Clinton Cigars?

I would love to do the grilled cheese but...
Just had a nice big chunk of Stouffers Lasagna....ahhhhhhhh.

Saving the beers for tomorrow at 3:30. My liver can only take so much.
I'm down for a Cigar as long as you don't throw the nasty end out the window.

I have my signed Monica for the next Packer S.B victory. :thumbsup:
That Stouffers is about the best frozen stuff you can buy. A Hurl kids favorite.
May the roof above us never fall in.
And may the friends gathered below it never fall out.
Image
More World Championships than any other team in the NFL.

User avatar
Wolves
Posts: 2146
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:44 pm

Re: Grilled Cheese

Post by Wolves » Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:59 pm

kevinhurl wrote:

I have my signed Monica for the next Packer S.B victory. :thumbsup:
That Stouffers is about the best frozen stuff you can buy. A Hurl kids favorite.
I am afraid that "C"gar might be stale by then.
The kids love a good Stouffers.
I should stick with the "Lean Cuisine" products.

Post Reply