Corn Beef and Cabbage time!!!

User avatar
~44~
Posts: 3305
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:54 am

Corn Beef and Cabbage time!!!

Post by ~44~ » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:43 am

I got mine in the Crock right now. This is one of my all time favorite meals.

Corn Beef
Cabbage
Red taters
Red Onion
Carrots


Set it for 6-8 hours (put the cabbage in for the last 2 hours).

Serve w/ mustard and sprinkle a tad of vinegar over the meat

Few Guinness to wash it all down!!

....and don't get me started on the Cornbeef sando I will have tomorrow (a whole new thread topic)

BIG DAY
Hi

slowyoroll
Posts: 13235
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:53 am

Re: Corn Beef and Cabbage time!!!

Post by slowyoroll » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:45 am

~44~ wrote:I got mine in the Crock right now. This is one of my all time favorite meals.

Corn Beef
Cabbage
Red taters
Red Onion
Carrots


Set it for 6-8 hours (put the cabbage in for the last 2 hours).

Serve w/ mustard and sprinkle a tad of vinegar over the meat

Few Guinness to wash it all down!!

....and don't get me started on the Cornbeef sando I will have tomorrow (a whole new thread topic)

BIG DAY
Something about cornbeef I don't like..it's just too salty like ham..
the rest sounds great though..
"IF YOU'RE NOT RICH, IF YOU DON'T HAVE A JOB DON'T BLAME WALL STREET BLAME YOURSELF!"

HERMAN CAIN

IDIOT

User avatar
SoMelo
Posts: 12322
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:51 pm

Re: Corn Beef and Cabbage time!!!

Post by SoMelo » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:50 am

kicks2 wrote:
Something about cornbeef I don't like..it's just too salty like ham..
the rest sounds great though..
Yeah... too ham like and it's the other spices in it. Not a fan. We are going out for Mexican food tomorrow. :thumbsup:

User avatar
AndUR??
Posts: 2280
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:33 am

Re: Corn Beef and Cabbage time!!!

Post by AndUR?? » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:51 am

:iknow:
Can I just stick to green beer?
Since it is the only time of year I will drink beer....
Your are one opinion away from being replaced.

User avatar
SoMelo
Posts: 12322
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:51 pm

Re: Corn Beef and Cabbage time!!!

Post by SoMelo » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:54 am

AndUR?? wrote::iknow:
Can I just stick to green beer?
Since it is the only time of year I will drink beer....
I went to a wedding once on St. Paddy's day and they had shamrock green bread :puke:

User avatar
~44~
Posts: 3305
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:54 am

Re: Corn Beef and Cabbage time!!!

Post by ~44~ » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:55 am

Ladies, ladies, ladies

Corn Beef and ham shouldn't even be in the same sentence (except in a sentence telling you they should not be in the same sentence)

Corn Beef = LB Poly football
Ham = Bolsa Grande football

Get with it!
Hi

User avatar
Parrotpaul
Posts: 33550
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:14 pm

Re: Corn Beef and Cabbage time!!!

Post by Parrotpaul » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:56 am

Great sale on corned beef at Albertson's...$3.99 a pound for the pre-cooked sliced deli corned beef...got a pound yesterday...also their turkey pastrami at $3.99 a pound is the best.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

User avatar
AndUR??
Posts: 2280
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:33 am

Re: Corn Beef and Cabbage time!!!

Post by AndUR?? » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:59 am

~44~ wrote:Ladies, ladies, ladies

Corn Beef and ham shouldn't even be in the same sentence (except in a sentence telling you they should not be in the same sentence)

Corn Beef = LB Poly football
Ham = Bolsa Grande football

Get with it!

Oh..OK...kinda like Grey Goose and Stoli....
Your are one opinion away from being replaced.

User avatar
~44~
Posts: 3305
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:54 am

Re: Corn Beef and Cabbage time!!!

Post by ~44~ » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:59 am

Parrotpaul wrote:Great sale on corned beef at Albertson's...$3.99 a pound for the pre-cooked sliced deli corned beef...got a pound yesterday...also their turkey pastrami at $3.99 a pound is the best.
Pre-cooked? Sliced? Come on Paul, not very Irish of you.

are you going to dye your Big Kahuna green?
Hi

User avatar
Parrotpaul
Posts: 33550
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:14 pm

Re: Corn Beef and Cabbage time!!!

Post by Parrotpaul » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:04 am

~44~ wrote:
Pre-cooked? Sliced? Come on Paul, not very Irish of you.

are you going to dye your Big Kahuna green?
Fresh and Easy doesn't sell the Big Kahuna red any more...I'm back to 2 BC from Trader Joe's. Tomorrow is Celtic day and green beer.. Yep---pre-cooked and sliced....only way to fly...actually Longboard's on Main Street in HB is having a special on corned beef and cabbage....problem is, their food usually sucks.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

User avatar
Parrotpaul
Posts: 33550
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:14 pm

Re: Corn Beef and Cabbage time!!!

Post by Parrotpaul » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:06 am

AndUR?? wrote:

Oh..OK...kinda like Grey Goose and Stoli....
Grey Goose is overrated...Stoli is still the best vodka on the market dollar for dollar.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

User avatar
~44~
Posts: 3305
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:54 am

Re: Corn Beef and Cabbage time!!!

Post by ~44~ » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:11 am

Parrotpaul wrote: Fresh and Easy doesn't sell the Big Kahuna red any more...I'm back to 2 BC from Trader Joe's. Tomorrow is Celtic day and green beer.. Yep---pre-cooked and sliced....only way to fly...actually Longboard's on Main Street in HB is having a special on corned beef and cabbage....problem is, their food usually sucks.
Yeah Long-boarder's food is dog-crap
Hi

User avatar
AndUR??
Posts: 2280
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:33 am

Re: Corn Beef and Cabbage time!!!

Post by AndUR?? » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:17 am

Parrotpaul wrote: Grey Goose is overrated...Stoli is still the best vodka on the market dollar for dollar.

:puke: :puke: :puke:
Only if that is how you want to feel in the AM...
Your are one opinion away from being replaced.

RPW
Posts: 6001
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:11 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Corn Beef and Cabbage time!!!

Post by RPW » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:27 am

AndUR?? wrote:

:puke: :puke: :puke:
Only if that is how you want to feel in the AM...
Stoli = poor man's Rohypnol
I am The Voice of Reason

User avatar
AndUR??
Posts: 2280
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:33 am

Re: Corn Beef and Cabbage time!!!

Post by AndUR?? » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:40 am

RPW wrote:
Stoli = poor man's Rohypnol
:notworthy: :notworthy: :ROFL: :ROFL:
Your are one opinion away from being replaced.

slowyoroll
Posts: 13235
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:53 am

Re: Corn Beef and Cabbage time!!!

Post by slowyoroll » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:43 am

AndUR?? wrote:

:puke: :puke: :puke:
Only if that is how you want to feel in the AM...

Stoli is soooo early 20's...lol..
"IF YOU'RE NOT RICH, IF YOU DON'T HAVE A JOB DON'T BLAME WALL STREET BLAME YOURSELF!"

HERMAN CAIN

IDIOT

User avatar
Parrotpaul
Posts: 33550
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:14 pm

Re: Corn Beef and Cabbage time!!!

Post by Parrotpaul » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:44 am

RPW wrote:
Stoli = poor man's Rohypnol
That would be me...poor man.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

User avatar
John Q. Public
Site Admin
Posts: 19753
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:56 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Corn Beef and Cabbage time!!!

Post by John Q. Public » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:47 am

Mmmmmm! Heartburn time!

I had to give up on CB&C. The FB just doesn't understand the concept. I tried last year but by the time she was done adding a touch of this and a touch of that, it came out more like Mousaka. And she chopped up the cabbage and added bacon and sauerkraut. Both were really good, but not really what I had in mind.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

User avatar
AndUR??
Posts: 2280
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:33 am

Re: Corn Beef and Cabbage time!!!

Post by AndUR?? » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:48 am

kicks2 wrote:

Stoli is soooo early 20's...lol..
Seriously... :ROFL:
But I DID buy a bottle of the Ciroc (sp?) to try :thumbsup:
Your are one opinion away from being replaced.

User avatar
John Q. Public
Site Admin
Posts: 19753
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:56 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Corn Beef and Cabbage time!!!

Post by John Q. Public » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:50 am

Parrotpaul wrote: Fresh and Easy doesn't sell the Big Kahuna red any more...I'm back to 2 BC from Trader Joe's.
Really? I just got a couple bottles Sunday. Should I have stocked up?
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Post Reply