Corn Beef and Cabbage time!!!

SoMelo

Re: Corn Beef and Cabbage time!!!

Post by SoMelo » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:51 am

Parrotpaul wrote: Grey Goose is overrated...Stoli is still the best vodka on the market dollar for dollar.
Stoli ~ St. Paddy's day ~ took 10 years to drink vodka again

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:53 am

Parrotpaul wrote: Grey Goose is overrated...Stoli is still the best vodka on the market dollar for dollar.
Grey Goose isn't overrated, it's just not the best vodka in that price range.

We used to wine and dine Boeing management almost every month, and the dinners usually ended with a head-to-head taste test of one booze or another. When it came to vodkas, Belvedere beat Grey Goose about nine times out of ten, and all the Grey Goose drinkers admitted they had been wrong.

AndUR??

Post by AndUR?? » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:54 am

SoMelo wrote: Stoli ~ St. Paddy's day ~ took 10 years to drink vodka again

:ROFL:
Sounds like me and Patron shots during a WILD trip to South Beach :cheers:
Your are one opinion away from being replaced.

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:56 am

SoMelo wrote: Stoli ~ St. Paddy's day ~ took 10 years to drink vodka again
I've always been a vodka rocks guy...from about 1966. Stoly came on the market around 1973....I still drink bar vodka when we go out, but keep Stoly in the freezer at home. I've always liked the taste of Stoly, and I've tried them all. Personal taste.

I like Don Julio tequila. Anejo with a slice of orange.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:56 am

~44~ wrote:I got mine in the Crock right now. This is one of my all time favorite meals.

Corn Beef
Cabbage
Red taters
Red Onion
Carrots

Set it for 6-8 hours (put the cabbage in for the last 2 hours).

Serve w/ mustard and sprinkle a tad of vinegar over the meat

Few Guinness to wash it all down!!

....and don't get me started on the Cornbeef sando I will have tomorrow (a whole new thread topic)

BIG DAY
That's very similar to the recipe I use, but I recently found a way to improve on it: If you leave out the corned beef, cabbage, red taters, red onion and carrots, there's room for a couple more Guinness.

~44~

Post by ~44~ » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:58 am

John Q. Public wrote:Mmmmmm! Heartburn time!

I had to give up on CB&C. The FB just doesn't understand the concept. I tried last year but by the time she was done adding a touch of this and a touch of that, it came out more like Mousaka. And she chopped up the cabbage and added bacon and sauerkraut. Both were really good, but not really what I had in mind.
Hurts so good

I normally will take a tums before and after
Hi

SoMelo

Post by SoMelo » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:43 am

John Q. Public wrote:Mmmmmm! Heartburn time!

I had to give up on CB&C. The FB just doesn't understand the concept. I tried last year but by the time she was done adding a touch of this and a touch of that, it came out more like Mousaka. And she chopped up the cabbage and added bacon and sauerkraut. Both were really good, but not really what I had in mind.
Why would anyone add sauerkraut to cabbage? Maybe just suggest she julienne the cabbage and add pickle juice --:--

~44~

Post by ~44~ » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:35 am

Here it is: (so sexy)

Hi

WileyWolverine

Post by WileyWolverine » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:50 am

~44~ wrote:Here it is: (so sexy)

Buc... Never put yellow mustard on corned beef. That's like using ketchup on New York steak. Horseradish!
Defense Wins Championships... Offense Provides The Opportunity... WW

GO LAKERS

~44~

Post by ~44~ » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:53 am

WileyWolverine wrote:Buc... Never put yellow mustard on corned beef. That's like using ketchup on New York steak. Horseradish!

Gotta keep it a little "white trashy", Wiles.
The wife put the mustard there anyway....I normally dip mine in vinegar.
Hi

~44~

Post by ~44~ » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:58 am

...and Paul please notice the wine, Firefly Ridge. I know you appreciate a good wine deal. Vons has this wine on sale for $5.99, regular price is $15.99 (so if you don't have a calculator handy that is a $10 savings). Very good wine.
Hi

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:02 am

SoMelo wrote: Why would anyone add sauerkraut to cabbage? Maybe just suggest she julienne the cabbage and add pickle juice --:--
Nah. Completely different flavor. Connoisseurs of fine sauerkraut [-( can tell the difference. It's actually very good that way.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:11 am

~44~ wrote:...and Paul please notice the wine, Firefly Ridge. I know you appreciate a good wine deal. Vons has this wine on sale for $5.99, regular price is $15.99 (so if you don't have a calculator handy that is a $10 savings). Very good wine.
Seeing it's St. Patty's Day, I just might splurge...and to Wiley...you don't know what you're talking about..Ba-Tampte Deli mustard is the only thing that goes on corned beef and pastrami. Horseradish is for bloody Marys.

I'm wearing my Celtic PRIDE T with seventeen little lepracauns with those 17 title dates under each. Hope it works OK when I hit Buffalo Wild Wings in Lake Forest in a couple hours....it's always fun to piss off the Kaptain Kreme wannabe tough guys.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

WileyWolverine

Post by WileyWolverine » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:49 am

~44~ wrote:I normally dip mine in vinegar.
Yuck... Vinegar do-uche.
Defense Wins Championships... Offense Provides The Opportunity... WW

GO LAKERS

SoMelo

Post by SoMelo » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:12 am

John Q. Public wrote: Nah. Completely different flavor. Connoisseurs of fine sauerkraut [-( can tell the difference. It's actually very good that way.
I love a good sauerkraut, I just haven't had it in a long time (the little condiment packages at Sam's Club don't count)

AsIfYouKnew

Post by AsIfYouKnew » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:15 am

Parrotpaul wrote: I've always been a vodka rocks guy...from about 1966. Stoly came on the market around 1973....I still drink bar vodka when we go out, but keep Stoly in the freezer at home. I've always liked the taste of Stoly, and I've tried them all. Personal taste.

I like Don Julio tequila. Anejo with a slice of orange.
Don't really care for Tequila at all. Even the expensive stuff.

My personal favorite is Bushmill's neat. No need to mess with perfection.
When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.
Jonathan Swift

http://www.civilityinamerica.org/en/index.html

AsIfYouKnew

Post by AsIfYouKnew » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:19 am

Parrotpaul wrote:Seeing it's St. Patty's Day, I just might splurge...and to Wiley...you don't know what you're talking about..Ba-Tampte Deli mustard is the only thing that goes on corned beef and pastrami. Horseradish is for bloody Marys.

I'm wearing my Celtic PRIDE T with seventeen little lepracauns with those 17 title dates under each. Hope it works OK when I hit Buffalo Wild Wings in Lake Forest in a couple hours....it's always fun to piss off the Kaptain Kreme wannabe tough guys.
I would never wear Celtic green, dispite my Irish heritage.
When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.
Jonathan Swift

http://www.civilityinamerica.org/en/index.html

AndUR??

Post by AndUR?? » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:21 am

AsIfYouKnew wrote:
I would never wear Celtic green, dispite my Irish heritage.
:cheers: Here, here
Your are one opinion away from being replaced.

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:58 am

AsIfYouKnew wrote:
Don't really care for Tequila at all. Even the expensive stuff.

My personal favorite is Bushmill's neat. No need to mess with perfection.
Anejo tequila is the ONLY dark liquor I can get down....I'm strictly a vodka guy...except for any kind of Don Julio...but only a very few times each year. My bro-in-law used to be the SW manager for Seagrams...before they self-destructed. He kept the family stocked with top shelf bottles of many brands. Martel's Five Star Blue Label Cognac (or something like that) was always a great gift...I believe it sells for more than $100 a fifth....I keep it for special guests...we still have three fifths, and they go back to the mid-80s. It tastes like bad cough medicine to me.

SoMelo

Post by SoMelo » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:04 pm

AndUR?? wrote:
:cheers: Here, here
Not everyone can wear green. I work in a office with over 300 people it's pretty funny to see so many people in all different shades of green