Which hurts more: Getting blown out or losing by one?

Charles

Which hurts more: Getting blown out or losing by one?

Post by Charles »

Would you rather lose by 30 (in the NBA or NFL for example, or by 5 in the NHL), OR, lose by 1 point on a last second field goal (NBA or NFL) or a last second goal in hockey or soccer?

If you get blown out, there is some relief that no matter what you did, you couldn't win; you lost to a better team; it is clear cut - hats off to them.

If you lose by one, there are always doubts, "If I only made that one shot", "if I only made a better pass - just one more pass, just one more shot", etc.
Notorious

Re: Which hurts more: Getting blown out or losing by one?

Post by Notorious »

Watching a game where I have no direct connection to (ie I was not on the field) I'd rather be blown out. If I'm playing I'd rather lose by 1 - my favorite games to remember growing up are the ones I lost, I love hearing people's stories when they came close. It's sort of like a relationship story, I'd rather hear about the one that got away rather than the happy ending.
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch
Wiley

Post by Wiley »

Ask Edac25. :mrgreen:
"If you love me you've got to help me pass this bill." - Barak Obama
Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul »

Six of one a half dozen of the other...."The very thought of losing is hateful to Americans." GSP
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke