The Pack got Robbed!

Zebra

Re: The Pack got Robbed!

Post by Zebra »

pattywannamack wrote:
Zebra, what's your take on the call?

I figure you would have the best insight out of all of us.

I agree with the call on the field and what the officials explained what they saw. I had a similar call to make last Friday night in the MD/Edison game and I nailed it (although some obviously disagree). Many people aren't going to be happy even if a regular NFL official saw it that way. An some of those will see it differently. I think I've mentioned that in some of our film sessions you can get 100 officials that look at the same play and have 3 different opinions on what should be ajudged. Obsessing about this one play is a joke .. get over it and move on. When the regular officials show back up, they will be bitched at just as much because there will be more blown calls. Anyone remember Phil Luckett and Joe Horn or The Music City Miracle or "the coin toss"? Ed Hoculi in San Diego?

Catch was a TD, NFL agrees ... game over.

I make this statement as a personal opinion and in no way does it express the opinions or rulings of the association I am affiliated with.
Coach, you can call me a S.O.B. all you want. Just don't call me a little S.O.B. [-X
crayegg
Oversight Committee

Post by crayegg »

If it was the regular refs, indeed, I hear you.

But the replacement refs makes it a whole different story in the professional game, IMHO.

Bottom line for me, 9 Bil, pay the man and make the game respectable...
Notorious

Post by Notorious »

crayegg wrote:If it was the regular refs, indeed, I hear you.

But the replacement refs makes it a whole different story in the professional game, IMHO.

Bottom line for me, 9 Bil, pay the man and make the game respectable...
For the last time it isn't pay, it's retirement benefits.
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch
crayegg
Oversight Committee

Post by crayegg »

Whatever, pay the man his "retirement" benefits, it's $30 mil versus $9 bil. Do the math and figure it out. There is a lot of money involved, and to still have replacement refs at this point is just stupid, IMHO.

Then the NFL owners may think differently from me. They want to be bad ass negotiators. They may be thinking that if they can't make the lowly refs bow down, what's gonna happen with star and other players?

IMO, the refs were not as lowly as the owners thought.

Interesting times in the NFL and society in general. (The argument can be made that the NFL is a microcosm of society in general.)
Notorious

Post by Notorious »

crayegg wrote:Whatever, pay the man his "retirement" benefits, it's $30 mil versus $9 bil. Do the math and figure it out. There is a lot of money involved, and to still have replacement refs at this point is just stupid, IMHO.

Then the NFL owners may think differently from me. They want to be bad ass negotiators. They may be thinking that if they can't make the lowly refs bow down, what's gonna happen with star and other players?

IMO, the refs were not as lowly as the owners thought.

Interesting times in the NFL and society in general.
You realize the badass refs didn't strike right? They're in a lockout which means the NFL won't let them ref, they still want to be reffing right now working through negotiations.

If it were up to me I would have fired every ref like Reagan did to the air traffic controllers.
pattywannamack

Post by pattywannamack »

Notorious wrote: You realize the badass refs didn't strike right? They're in a lockout which means the NFL won't let them ref, they still want to be reffing right now working through negotiations.

If it were up to me I would have fired every ref like Reagan did to the air traffic controllers.
But the regular refs are SOOO much better no one could ever match the level of officiating that they provide.
There is nothing uglier in this world than a parent riding on the success of their child.
Zebra

Post by Zebra »

Notorious wrote: You realize the badass refs didn't strike right? They're in a lockout which means the NFL won't let them ref, they still want to be reffing right now working through negotiations.

Now there's a microcosm of my life ... referee and fired air traffic controller ... ouch! :bonk:
Coach, you can call me a S.O.B. all you want. Just don't call me a little S.O.B. [-X
seeinred

Post by seeinred »

Zebra wrote:
I agree with the call on the field and what the officials explained what they saw.
I had a similar call to make last Friday night in the MD/Edison game and I nailed it (although some obviously disagree). Many people aren't going to be happy even if a regular NFL official saw it that way. An some of those will see it differently. I think I've mentioned that in some of our film sessions you can get 100 officials that look at the same play and have 3 different opinions on what should be ajudged. Obsessing about this one play is a joke .. get over it and move on. When the regular officials show back up, they will be bitched at just as much because there will be more blown calls. Anyone remember Phil Luckett and Joe Horn or The Music City Miracle or "the coin toss"? Ed Hoculi in San Diego?

Catch was a TD, NFL agrees ... game over.

I make this statement as a personal opinion and in no way does it express the opinions or rulings of the association I am affiliated with.
WHAT?????? How???? It is not simultaneous possession if one player catches and controls the ball first, thereby it not being simultaneous. The mechanics of both officials was bad and the referee never conferred with the two officials on their dissenting opinions.
I'm insulted that the NFL dignified the BS. It upsets me too that others try to tell us that we didn't see what we saw.
You can't tell me that the pic here shows simultaneous possession Zebra. Don't just stand up and agree to stand strong with the profession. A bad call is a bad call. Cop to it and we'll accept it and move on. I as a Packers fan would accept the NFL coming forward with a statement that says the call was a screw-up, but the game is final because we can't set the precident of changing outcomes of games off of the field. I wouldn't want the NFL to go down that slippery slope as well. I just can't accept their lying to me...
Attachments
Accept No Lies!!!
Accept No Lies!!!
Notorious

Post by Notorious »

Looks like a TD to me.
seeinred

Post by seeinred »

Notorious wrote:Looks like a TD to me.
Clown...
Attachments
Making it up as we go....
Making it up as we go....
Notorious

Post by Notorious »

seeinred wrote: Clown...
Don't get mad just because I don't agree with you.
seeinred

Post by seeinred »

Notorious wrote: Don't get mad just because I don't agree with you.
You won your bet, sweet...
But call a spade a spade here. That is an INT....
Notorious

Post by Notorious »

seeinred wrote: You won your bet, sweet...
But call a spade a spade here. That is an INT....
I said it was a TD when I first saw it, I knew the called would be upheld, it was a TD.
seeinred

Post by seeinred »

Notorious wrote: I said it was a TD when I first saw it, I knew the called would be upheld, it was a TD.
I'd hate to see the beast you came home with last Monday night with those beer goggles you had...
Notorious

Post by Notorious »

seeinred wrote: I'd hate to see the beast you came home with last Monday night with those beer goggles you had...
That's a terrible thing to say about your mother.
Zebra

Post by Zebra »

seeinred wrote: I'd hate to see the beast you came home with last Monday night with those beer goggles you had...
Wow .. :shrug:

Have a nice season seeinred :cheers:

Noto: please internet kick me in the balls for venturing out of the HS boards. Afterall, I am just a HS official, so why am I here? This section doesn't need any replacements, they know all about NFL mechanics and the difference between a catch in the endzone and one in the field of play obviously. :roll:
seeinred

Post by seeinred »

Notorious wrote: That's a terrible thing to say about your mother.
She was asking me how to clear up gonnereah last night. You know anything about that?
Notorious

Post by Notorious »

seeinred wrote: She was asking me how to clear up gonnereah last night. You know anything about that?
Picked it up from your wife.
seeinred

Post by seeinred »

Zebra wrote:
Wow .. :shrug:

Have a nice season seeinred :cheers:

Noto: please internet kick me in the balls for venturing out of the HS boards. Afterall, I am just a HS official, so why am I here? This section doesn't need any replacements, they know all about NFL mechanics and the difference between a catch in the endzone and one in the field of play obviously. :roll:
Rule 8, Section 1, Article 3, Item 5 states:
Simultaneous Catch. If a pass is caught simultaneously by two eligible opponents, and both players retain it, the ball belongs to the passers. It is not a simultaneous catch if a player gains control first and an opponent subsequently gains joint control. If the ball is muffed after simultaneous touching by two such players, all the players of the passing team become eligible to catch the loose ball.
What were you referring to when you spoke of the difference between a catch in the end zone vs the field of play? Simultaneous possession IS reviewable in the endzone but not in the field of play.