Servite's Patrick Cantlay is $175,500 Richer

User avatar
Lionhunter
Posts: 4084
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:06 am

Servite's Patrick Cantlay is $175,500 Richer

Post by Lionhunter »

Not bad for four days work. Tied for ninth at the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am.

http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/pga/leaderboard/2013/5

Nice going Patrick!
Goin' on a lion hunt, but I don't see no lion.
crayegg
Oversight Committee
Posts: 4148
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:13 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Servite's Patrick Cantlay is $175,500 Richer

Post by crayegg »

That takes him to about $280,000 for the year, I believe, and it's only February.

Not bad at all.
User avatar
Notorious
Posts: 11909
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:56 am

Re: Servite's Patrick Cantlay is $175,500 Richer

Post by Notorious »

Win something or get out of here with these 9th place finishes.

Go big or go home.

Personally I think he should commit seppuku if he doesn't win his next tournament for embarassing Servite.
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch
outsider70
Posts: 248
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:38 pm

Re: Servite's Patrick Cantlay is $175,500 Richer

Post by outsider70 »

Since he's a California resident he gets to take home 1/2 of that if he's lucky. The Feds and Jerry Brown made bank for doing nothing.
ocfootballfan
Posts: 862
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:48 am

Re: Servite's Patrick Cantlay is $175,500 Richer

Post by ocfootballfan »

crayegg wrote:That takes him to about $280,000 for the year, I believe, and it's only February.

Not bad at all.
Actually career earnings are about $353K. Current year is $175K.....he missed the cut in SD and the Humana. He's in the field at the Northern Trust this week on a sponsors exemption. I believe if he can get to around $450K for the year on his sponsors exemptions he may qualify as a member of the tour.
Last edited by ocfootballfan on Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crayegg
Oversight Committee
Posts: 4148
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:13 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Servite's Patrick Cantlay is $175,500 Richer

Post by crayegg »

Interesting.

I just looked him up during the Pebble Beach tourney and it said he had earned $105,000. I don't know much about the profession.
RandyF59
Posts: 842
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:52 am

Re: Servite's Patrick Cantlay is $175,500 Richer

Post by RandyF59 »

crayegg wrote:That takes him to about $280,000 for the year, I believe, and it's only February.

Not bad at all.
As a Non-Exempt member of the PGA Tour Patrick can compete in up to 10 PGA Tour events on sponsors exemption, top 10 finishes, or Monday qualifying. In 10 events in 2012 he won over $105,000 but failed to earn his PGA tour card. At PGA Tour qualifying school last year he missed out on his card again. However, in 2013 he has exempt status on the Buy.com tour, which awards 25 more cards come year end. Either way he will win a boatload of money and have a life most could only dream about. Not bad for a Servite kid. :mrgreen:
User avatar
rvoltes5
Posts: 275
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:48 pm

Re: Servite's Patrick Cantlay is $175,500 Richer

Post by rvoltes5 »

Should have taken up golf.
"You must learn to master your fear, or else your fear will be your master." ~ RS
ocfootballfan
Posts: 862
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:48 am

Re: Servite's Patrick Cantlay is $175,500 Richer

Post by ocfootballfan »

RandyF59 wrote: As a Non-Exempt member of the PGA Tour Patrick can compete in up to 10 PGA Tour events on sponsors exemption, top 10 finishes, or Monday qualifying. In 10 events in 2012 he won over $105,000 but failed to earn his PGA tour card. At PGA Tour qualifying school last year he missed out on his card again. However, in 2013 he has exempt status on the Buy.com tour, which awards 25 more cards come year end. Either way he will win a boatload of money and have a life most could only dream about. Not bad for a Servite kid. :mrgreen:

Showing your age Randy. Buy.com became Nationwide became Web.com. So I assume since Patrick finished 9th last week, he doesn't have to use a sponsors exemption for this week?
indigosour
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:26 pm

Re: Servite's Patrick Cantlay is $175,500 Richer

Post by indigosour »

would not be surprised to see Pat play well this year. hell of a player. this is the first time he's done well as a professional though (he turned pro this summer)

if he can fix his problems on Saturday of every tournament he can compete. He finished ninth with a three hole stretch of bogey-triple-bogey on the back nine on Saturday.

At this point, every shot means more or less cash.
RandyF59
Posts: 842
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:52 am

Re: Servite's Patrick Cantlay is $175,500 Richer

Post by RandyF59 »

ocfootballfan wrote:Showing your age Randy. Buy.com became Nationwide became Web.com. So I assume since Patrick finished 9th last week, he doesn't have to use a sponsors exemption for this week?
By either measure he qualified, not sure which exemption applies.
FWIW on Pebble Beach-In the 3rd round of his 9th place finish, Cantlay lost 7 shots to par in a 9 hole stretch. Each of those strokes cost him $75,213.29 or $526,500. :steam:
ringer
Posts: 1672
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:13 am

Re: Servite's Patrick Cantlay is $175,500 Richer

Post by ringer »

The prize money for tourneys is a mere fraction of what those guys earn on the PGA. If you are winning money, your sponsor money is a lot more than that. Congrats to Cantlay.
ocfootballfan
Posts: 862
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:48 am

Re: Servite's Patrick Cantlay is $175,500 Richer

Post by ocfootballfan »

RandyF59 wrote: By either measure he qualified, not sure which exemption applies.
FWIW on Pebble Beach-In the 3rd round of his 9th place finish, Cantlay lost 7 shots to par in a 9 hole stretch. Each of those strokes cost him $75,213.29 or $526,500. :steam:
He was in second place alone at one point. When he missed that 2-3 foot putt for par that really got to him IMO
inflagrantedelicto
Posts: 356
Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 5:03 am

Re: Servite's Patrick Cantlay is $175,500 Richer

Post by inflagrantedelicto »

...i would have paid a chunk of cash to see the look on Phil's face when he slipped and fell on his arse!
Percussus Resurgo
User avatar
Lionhunter
Posts: 4084
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:06 am

Re: Servite's Patrick Cantlay is $175,500 Richer

Post by Lionhunter »

Add another $126,000. Patrick just won the web.com tour Columbia Championship.

http://espn.go.com/golf/leaderboard?tournamentId=1222
Goin' on a lion hunt, but I don't see no lion.
User avatar
SoMelo
Posts: 12322
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:51 pm

Re: Servite's Patrick Cantlay is $175,500 Richer

Post by SoMelo »

I hope he had his wisdom teeth removed
User avatar
Omar Bongo
Posts: 9365
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:59 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: Servite's Patrick Cantlay is $175,500 Richer

Post by Omar Bongo »

This thread is certainly a refreshing change from the usual bitching about how professional athletes are paid outrageous sums for playing kids' games. I'm sure none of you has ever done that... :giggle:

Question - Is it because golf is "harder" or somehow more "noble" than basketball, et al., or is it something about this particular young man? :-k
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump
ocfootballfan
Posts: 862
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:48 am

Re: Servite's Patrick Cantlay is $175,500 Richer

Post by ocfootballfan »

With professional golf, you're out there by yourself......... no teammates to pick up the slack when your having a off day. The endorsement $ really doesn't amount to a whole lot until you reach the upper echelon. Played in the Toshiba Classic a few years ago with a 12 time winner on the regular tour. His weekly nut was about $4k with no guarantee of income.........that's pressure.
User avatar
Omar Bongo
Posts: 9365
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:59 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: Servite's Patrick Cantlay is $175,500 Richer

Post by Omar Bongo »

ocfootballfan wrote:With professional golf, you're out there by yourself......... no teammates to pick up the slack when your having a off day. The endorsement $ really doesn't amount to a whole lot until you reach the upper echelon. Played in the Toshiba Classic a few years ago with a 12 time winner on the regular tour. His weekly nut was about $4k with no guarantee of income.........that's pressure.
I get that, pay is more directly tied to performance. FWIW, just checked the 2013 money leaders list, after 2 months being just no.123 on list gets you a six-figure income. Not bad.
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump
User avatar
SoMelo
Posts: 12322
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:51 pm

Re: Servite's Patrick Cantlay is $175,500 Richer

Post by SoMelo »

Omar Bongo wrote:
Question - Is it because golf is "harder" or somehow more "noble" than basketball, et al., or is it something about this particular young man? :-k
He's a home grown guy.
Post Reply