Mayweather vs McGregor

OC HS Football Fan

Mayweather vs McGregor

Post by OC HS Football Fan »

This board might be too old for this topic, but for those who are younger (or older and a little more hip), what are your thoughts on this fight? Does McGregor have any chance? If so, why do you think so? If not, why again? Who has the advantage with the move to lighter gloves? Any other angles worth noting?
broman

Re: Mayweather vs McGregor

Post by broman »

Punchers chance or rough him up like Castillo and Maidana.
MDDad

Post by MDDad »

1. If this were an MMA fight, nobody on the planet would give Mayweather a chance. Why would anyone think McGregor will fare any better in a boxing match? He has no chance...unless the fix is on.

2. The best boxers in the world couldn't hit Mayweather, and McGregor is not one of the hundred best boxers in the world. Ronda Rousey looked embarrassing against Holly Holm, and Holly Holm is no Floyd Mayweather. This will be worse.

3. McGregor's striking defense is barely average for an MMA fighter, and Mayweather is a deadly accurate counterpuncher.

4. McGregor can be cut.

Get my drift?
Fordama

Post by Fordama »

Agree. It's like taking a major league pitcher who hasn't played football and put him at QB in an NFL game. Even the oldest QB in the league would do better.
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

Didn't Ali fight a wrestler?

It was more of a spectacle.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Сделай Америку великой снова
OC HS Football Fan

Post by OC HS Football Fan »

So as I thought, no chance. Was wondering if there was an angle I didn't think of just in case I missed something.

MDDad, not only did I catch your drift, I couldn't agree with you more. You might want to print this post too. ;-)
MDDad

Post by MDDad »

Wabash wrote:Didn't Ali fight a wrestler?

It was more of a spectacle.
Yes, good memory. Ali "fought" Antonio Inoki, a pro wrestler, in Japan. Inoki spent the entire 15 rounds on his back trying to kick Ali in the legs.