Matt Barkley Not A Heisman Finalist

~44~

Re: Matt Barkley Not A Heisman Finalist

Post by ~44~ » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:42 pm

Notorious wrote:I'm taking bets, Luck is a shoe in.
The trendy guy for today is RG3. ESPN is pretty much giving the award to him already.
Hi

slowyoroll

Post by slowyoroll » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:51 pm

~44~ wrote:
The trendy guy for today is RG3. ESPN is pretty much giving the award to him already.
Not trendy..I've been talking about him since the first time I saw him play..If it's about giving the award to the best player RG3 deserves it
"IF YOU'RE NOT RICH, IF YOU DON'T HAVE A JOB DON'T BLAME WALL STREET BLAME YOURSELF!"

HERMAN CAIN

IDIOT

Red

Post by Red » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:02 pm

slowyoroll wrote:
They aren't rating speed..Richard G is just sick..Sorry but neither Matt nor Luck can touch him..I do think Luck will most likely win it though
Could RG3 and Baylor beat Oregon? Don't think so.
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

slowyoroll

Post by slowyoroll » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:09 pm

Red wrote:
Could RG3 and Baylor beat Oregon? Don't think so.
Not sure ...but what does that have to do with him being the best player in college?
"IF YOU'RE NOT RICH, IF YOU DON'T HAVE A JOB DON'T BLAME WALL STREET BLAME YOURSELF!"

HERMAN CAIN

IDIOT

Red

Post by Red » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:18 pm

slowyoroll wrote:
Not sure ...but what does that have to do with him being the best player in college?
I happen to think MB is the better QB. Where do you think RG3 goes in the draft?
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

slowyoroll

Post by slowyoroll » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:25 pm

Red wrote:
I happen to think MB is the better QB. Where do you think RG3 goes in the draft?
You havent watched Griffin..I believe he'll be one of the first QB's taken..And wait till he tears it up at the combines..he's got it all..intelligent...great upbringing..leadership..all the physical gifts to be a great QB and oh btw..he's a track star..I love Barkley of course..but RG3 is super special..

My hope is the Barkley stays at SC and wins the Heisman next year..and is the first QB taken in the draft

HERMAN CAIN

IDIOT

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:32 pm

Not sure why people even care who wins the Heisman. Look at the list of past winners. All it means is some team will overpay him that much more for whatever services he provides before he flames out.
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

slowyoroll

Post by slowyoroll » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:36 pm

Omar Bongo wrote:Not sure why people even care who wins the Heisman. Look at the list of past winners. All it means is some team will overpay him that much more for whatever services he provides before he flames out.
I don't think people care much about the Heisman..what people do care about is who the best player is for that year..If they never even go into the pros..the award is about who the best "college" player is,..not about who will be the best pro..

HERMAN CAIN

IDIOT

Notorious

Post by Notorious » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:39 pm

slowyoroll wrote:
I don't think people care much about the Heisman..what people do care about is who the best player is for that year..If they never even go into the pros..the award is about who the best "college" player is,..not about who will be the best pro..
Robert Griffin III is overrated and always has been.
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch

slowyoroll

Post by slowyoroll » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:41 pm

Notorious wrote:
Robert Griffin III is overrated and always has been.
LOL..yea that's what people told me about Cam (superfine) Newton last year when I singing his praises

HERMAN CAIN

IDIOT

Red

Post by Red » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:43 pm

slowyoroll wrote:
You havent watched Griffin..I believe he'll be one of the first QB's taken..And wait till he tears it up at the combines..he's got it all..intelligent...great upbringing..leadership..all the physical gifts to be a great QB and oh btw..he's a track star..I love Barkley of course..but RG3 is super special..

My hope is the Barkley stays at SC and wins the Heisman next year..and is the first QB taken in the draft
As you recall, we were either texting or on the phone when Baylor was playing somebody several weeks ago, but I forgot who they were playing. You were telling me he was HOT! :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: Is that the reason you think he should win? :mrgreen:

All kidding aside, he is really good, however he won't be able to run in the NFL.

oceanvue

Post by oceanvue » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:40 pm

I drove better than 500 miles today (Beaumont and back) listening to sports talk radio the whole way. They made some good points why Barkley shouldn't be in NYC and probably the best reason why RG3 should is he made Baylor relevant. I hope Barkley comes back. Omar what a ridiculously shallow reason why we shouldn't care about the Heisman.

Red

Post by Red » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:55 pm

oceanvue wrote:I drove better than 500 miles today (Beaumont and back) listening to sports talk radio the whole way. They made some good points why Barkley shouldn't be in NYC and probably the best reason why RG3 should is he made Baylor relevant. I hope Barkley comes back. Omar what a ridiculously shallow reason why we shouldn't care about the Heisman.
Forgive omar. I don't think he/she is into sports. It's all good.

oceanvue

Post by oceanvue » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:00 pm

Notorious wrote: Robert Griffin III is overrated and always has been.
He wasn't even a blip on the radar screen until mid-way into the season

Wiley

Post by Wiley » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:07 pm

oceanvue wrote:I drove better than 500 miles today (Beaumont and back) listening to sports talk radio the whole way. They made some good points why Barkley shouldn't be in NYC and probably the best reason why RG3 should is he made Baylor relevant. I hope Barkley comes back. Omar what a ridiculously shallow reason why we shouldn't care about the Heisman.
Interesting. Thanks for the input. Speaking of making a team relevant in the course of impressing Heisman voters, I'm reminded of O.J. Simpson in 1967. Simpson, a junior, and the Trojans beat UCLA but Gary Beban edged out Simpson for the Heisman. In 1966, Mike Garrett and the Trojans lost to UCLA. Garrett won the Heisman. So much for relevancy.
"If you love me you've got to help me pass this bill." - Barak Obama

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:44 pm

oceanvue wrote:Omar what a ridiculously shallow reason why we shouldn't care about the Heisman.
Okay, here's 18 more ridiculously shallow reasons why we shouldn't care about the Heisman:

2010 Cam Newton
2009 Mark Ingram
2008 Sam Bradford
2007 Tim Tebow
2006 Troy Smith
2004 Matt Leinart
2003 Jason White
2002 Carson Palmer
2001 Eric Crouch
2000 Chris Weinke
1999 Ron Dayne
1998 Ricky Williams
1997 Charles Woodson
1996 Danny Wuerffel
1995 Eddie George
1994 Rashaan Salaam
1993 Charlie Ward
1992 Gino Torretta

I can count on one hand the number of players I'd have on my fantasy team in their prime. And they have the nerve to call the last guy picked in the draft "Mr. Irrelevant"?
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump

oceanvue

Post by oceanvue » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:22 pm

SOOOO??

Wiley

Post by Wiley » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:34 pm

Omar Bongo wrote: Okay, here's 18 more ridiculously shallow reasons why we shouldn't care about the Heisman:

2010 Cam Newton
2009 Mark Ingram
2008 Sam Bradford
2007 Tim Tebow
2006 Troy Smith
2004 Matt Leinart
2003 Jason White
2002 Carson Palmer
2001 Eric Crouch
2000 Chris Weinke
1999 Ron Dayne
1998 Ricky Williams
1997 Charles Woodson
1996 Danny Wuerffel
1995 Eddie George
1994 Rashaan Salaam
1993 Charlie Ward
1992 Gino Torretta

I can count on one hand the number of players I'd have on my fantasy team in their prime. And they have the nerve to call the last guy picked in the draft "Mr. Irrelevant"?
Omar... A you seriously trying to impress or make anyone believe you are football savvy? :mrgreen:

Eight of the last thirteen Heisman winners on your list are still playing in the NFL and are football millionaires.

What better way to have fun while taking benefit of a college education?

Hopefully, Obama doesn't go to his class-warfare blotter and mandate control of NFL incomes.
"If you love me you've got to help me pass this bill." - Barak Obama

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:00 am

oceanvue wrote:SOOOO??
SOOOO, it's a friggin' beauty contest...that's all.
George Will

Donald Trump

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:22 am

Wiley wrote:Omar... A you seriously trying to impress or make anyone believe you are football savvy? :mrgreen:

Eight of the last thirteen Heisman winners on your list are still playing in the NFL and are football millionaires.

What better way to have fun while taking benefit of a college education?

Hopefully, Obama doesn't go to his class-warfare blotter and mandate control of NFL incomes.
A you serious with the Obama stuff? Try to focus.

And what does the Heisman have to do with having fun while taking advantage of a college education? F-O-C-U-S.

You said it yourself, Gary Beban won over OJ Simpson. Gary Beban???

There are hundreds of other players who didn't win the Hypeman currently enjoying much more successful careers in the NFL than most of those stiffs on the list.

It does allow the winner to extort more money from his drafting team, and it makes a great paperweight. Other than that, it's meaningless.
George Will

Donald Trump