Barkley Out for Notre Dame...Wittek In

edac25

Barkley Out for Notre Dame...Wittek In

Post by edac25 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:51 pm

It's a shame we won't be able to see Barkley play for the Trojans vs. the Irish this week. I wanted him to be on the field when we celebrated the Irish Victory that would send Notre Dame to the BCS National Championship. I'll have to settle for another Mater Dei QB, Max Wittek.

I will be in attendance mocking SC Fans...celebrating on their home turf as the Irish lay claim to a shot a National Title.

afan95

Re: Barkley Out for Notre Dame...Wittek In

Post by afan95 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:05 am

And suddenly the most important player on NDs team becomes Joe Schmidt who played 3 years with Max and can give ND the inside story on him. Look at Joe's bio and Max and Victor Blackwell are even mentioned in it!!

How's it feel to have your life ruled by MD, Edac?
It's my Board and I will censor you when I feel like it JQP

Mickey Whrat

Post by Mickey Whrat » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:24 am

Will it take three overtimes, a missed field goal, and a bunch of bad calls to get past USC?

Whrat

AsIfYouKnew

Post by AsIfYouKnew » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:19 am

I am not an SC fan (yet, as my daughter really wants to swim for them) but Edac just makes me want to root for them next weekend.
When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.
Jonathan Swift

http://www.civilityinamerica.org/en/index.html

SoMelo

Post by SoMelo » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:31 am

Why would she want to go to an over-priced community college? For some reason I thought your kids would be smart :eh?:

AsIfYouKnew

Post by AsIfYouKnew » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:34 am

SoMelo wrote:Why would she want to go to an over-priced community college? For some reason I thought your kids would be smart :eh?:
She wants to swim for them, as they have a top ranked swim team, and she doesn't quite have the times necessary for Cal or Stanford.

Further, USC is ranked #24 out of US universities by USNWR.
When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.
Jonathan Swift

afan95

Post by afan95 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:44 am

SoMelo wrote:Why would she want to go to an over-priced community college? For some reason I thought your kids would be smart :eh?:
When people write comments like this, it just makes me wonder who didn't get accepted and has a case of sour grapes.

Red

Post by Red » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:28 pm

When people write comments like this, it just makes me wonder who didn't get accepted and has a case of sour grapes.

No scholarships for eagle scouts.
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

SoMelo

Post by SoMelo » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:36 pm

afan95 wrote: When people write comments like this, it just makes me wonder who didn't get accepted and has a case of sour grapes.
Hah.. trust me no sour grapes, it's a lousy overpriced school. My kids have done very well in college. My youngest one said he was goning to do well because he didn't want to end up at $C

AsIfYouKnew

Post by AsIfYouKnew » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:42 pm

What do you call someone who has an opinion that is clearly in contradiction with the facts?
Jonathan Swift

SoMelo

Post by SoMelo » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:48 pm

Luca's $C jokes were funnier

AsIfYouKnew

Post by AsIfYouKnew » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:55 pm

I wasn't joking. I am not a fan of SC, but to say it is not a top school is to be ignorant or foolish.
Jonathan Swift

SoMelo

Post by SoMelo » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:06 pm

Here are some great definitions (and I didn't write any of them):

University of South Central
USC is where the homeboys at (South Central, LA).
---
University of Social Contacts
The best way to get ahead in business in Southern California is to go to USC and spend most of your time drinking and ass kissing the other rich brats
---
University of Second Choice
"I got rejected from a community college, but got into USC."
---
University of Stupid Children
For example, used in the sentence "All the mentally retarded kids went to the University of Stupid Children" located in southern california.
---
University of Second Choice
Self explanatory unless you are from USC.
---
Also known as U$C. Very overrated. And their marching band can only play one song.
U$C is hated not only by UCLA, but also Stanford and Cal. And pretty much any other school

University of Skanks and Cranks
USC is in the ghetto!
---
A really costly school in the pits of LA. Really prestigious if based entirely on the fact that it costs a lot of money. Also, lots of beautiful and rich women with boobjobs.

Academically, a small joke. Class difficulty seems to be on par with the Community College level. When I audited some classes there, it appears my lower division classes at UCSC (Notice the extra "C") were more difficult than the upper divison classes there.

Anyways, the beer at the football games is too expensive and the cheerleaders are butterfaces. Also, when people do that pumping Trojan "V for Victory" salute... from a distance... looks oddly like a field of people giving a fascist salute. Coincidence? Maybe, just maybe...
Dude, the whole stadium's doing a "Heil Hitler"!!
----
Alma mater of Paige Laurie, a spoiled sorority brat who tried to buy her diploma at U$C, but still couldn't escape the long arm of the law!
Ms Laurie, whose late grandfather Bud Walton was the co-founder of Wal-Mart, graduated from USC with a bachelor’s degree in communications.

Her alleged fraud began one night during her first term in 2000, when she paid Ms Martinez $25 to write an essay for her while she spent the evening at a party.
----
USC is no longer the University of Second Choice. They are just the Ugly $lut+s College now. The only thing to be proud of at SC is OJ Simpson, drive by shootings, an overpriced... umm, well, it's not exactly education, and lots and lots of ugly kids. Football... that's the only positive aspect. Cheer for them if you wanna dress up in ketchup and mustard.
You can't spell SUCK without USC.

AsIfYouKnew

Post by AsIfYouKnew » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:20 pm

you must be so proud of yourself. again, I am not a fan, but they don't get ranked 24th in the nation for nothing. this just seems to be another topic you are misinformed about.
Last edited by SoMelo on Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: unnecessary quoting
Jonathan Swift

afan95

Post by afan95 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:54 pm

For Melo, who must have an entire closet full of USC clothing.

"Hamlet's mother, Gertrude, is famous for her quote "The lady doth protest too much, methinks". Gertrude's Law states that if a person is overly passionate about condemning a certain lifestyle choice, they most likely engage in that lifestyle secretly. "

SoMelo

Post by SoMelo » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:04 pm

yeah okay... if that's what gets your rocks off go ahead and believe it :rockon:

pattywannamack

Post by pattywannamack » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:13 am

Shameless USC bashing, always relevant to my interests.
There is nothing uglier in this world than a parent riding on the success of their child.

Red

Post by Red » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:17 am

"Shameless USC bashing, always relevant to my interests."

Sad isn't it? A moderator too. The subject of the thread is about Barkely being injured and not able to play the game against Notre Dame and she turns it into a USC hate fest.
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

Johnny Bravo

Post by Johnny Bravo » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:29 am

Red wrote:"Shameless USC bashing, always relevant to my interests."

Sad isn't it? A moderator too. The subject of the thread is about Barkely being injured and not able to play the game against Notre Dame and she turns it into a USC hate fest.
An adolescent, sophomoric one at that. It begs the question, from what prestigious institution of higher learning did he earn his diploma from? I venture to guess it was presented via email during an online commencement ceremony.

Red

Post by Red » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:36 am

An adolescent, sophomoric one at that. It begs the question, from what prestigious institution of higher learning did he earn his diploma from? I venture to guess it was presented via email during an online commencement ceremony.

"he" is a SHE! Makes it even more pathetic.

Sticking to the topic, I hope Matt heals quickly and plays in a Bowl game.