Barkley Out for Notre Dame...Wittek In

Johnny Bravo

Re: Barkley Out for Notre Dame...Wittek In

Post by Johnny Bravo »

I wasn't aware of the gender... yes, that weird.

Matt will make a full recovery. Not sure if bowl game is in his best interests regardless of whether he can play or not. If it were his non-throwing shoulder it would be ok but...
And I'm not sure if a Holiday Bowl loss to West Virginia or a Sun Bowl loss to Virginia Tech is the way he was looking to go out. Just sayin, USC is in a tailspin and i don't see any stability on the immediate horizon.
Hopefully Matt can be 100% in time for combine and private workouts... At this point, the primary concern has to be for Matt's future. There is nothing to be gained for Matt by playing. It's lose, lose.
templar83

Post by templar83 »

Johnny Bravo wrote:I wasn't aware of the gender... yes, that weird.

Matt will make a full recovery. Not sure if bowl game is in his best interests regardless of whether he can play or not. If it were his non-throwing shoulder it would be ok but...
And I'm not sure if a Holiday Bowl loss to West Virginia or a Sun Bowl loss to Virginia Tech is the way he was looking to go out. Just sayin, USC is in a tailspin and i don't see any stability on the immediate horizon.
Hopefully Matt can be 100% in time for combine and private workouts... At this point, the primary concern has to be for Matt's future. There is nothing to be gained for Matt by playing. It's lose, lose.
On another note; anyone notice the team Redd abandoned for what seemed greener pastures finished the season with a big win over Wisconsin giving them ( Penn St ) a 8-4 record? Penn St will be home for the bowl season of course, but 7-5 SC will probably end the year 7-6. A long drop from the glory its fan base anticipated.
edac25

Post by edac25 »

edac25 wrote:It's a shame we won't be able to see Barkley play for the Trojans vs. the Irish this week. I wanted him to be on the field when we celebrated the Irish Victory that would send Notre Dame to the BCS National Championship. I'll have to settle for another Mater Dei QB, Max Wittek.

I will be in attendance mocking SC Fans...celebrating on their home turf as the Irish lay claim to a shot a National Title.
Oh and what a celebration it was last night on the USC Campus and the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum!!! It is OFFICIAL....the Notre Dame Fighting Irish put the SMACK DOWN on the most disappointing Football team in USC History to secure a spot in the BCS National Championship Game.

This season could NOT go any better for me! Notre Dame #1....USC - PATHETIC.

Nice call Wittek on predicting the upset win...typical Mater Dei arrogance. Game ended with you not being able to get into the endzone on TWO consecutive QB sneaks from the ONE INCH line!!! HaHaHaHa!!!
not4u13

Post by not4u13 »

Wittek actually looked pretty good at times. I was a bit surprised. Not because I don't like him, but because he was the backup and a redshirt freshman. Few realists expected SC to win this one.

I put most of the blame on the coaching staff for the poor SC season. They have the talent, but didn't execute and made too many mistakes. This tells me they were not well prepared for game time situations.

As for Barkley, he has already played his last college game. I think it was tank who crowed when the SC sanctions came down that Barkley would never play in a bowl game. I guess he was right.
Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountain is going home; that wildness is necessity; John Muir
http://www.quotesdaddy.com
Red

Post by Red »

Hey Edac! How was the drive home from Ventura the other night?
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.
longtimeobserver

Post by longtimeobserver »

What did you expect Wittek to say??? That the Trojans were going to lose??? Of course he predicted an
SC win...just like ALL team members would. I thought he did a good job for his first start against
a TOP team. His two QB sneaks were what was called for him and he wasn't the one doing the blocking.
SC was not the first team who failed to score against Notre Dame.
ND7

Post by ND7 »

WOW, some of my favorite people in the world talking to each other. GO IRISH!!!! It has been too long.
"What matters is not that it's true, but that I believe it; or no, not that I believe it, but that I believe it....I trust I make myself obscure."
St. Thomas More, A Man for All Seasons.
edac25

Post by edac25 »

ND7 wrote:WOW, some of my favorite people in the world talking to each other. GO IRISH!!!! It has been too long.
It has been WAY too long my fellow Domer. But how much sweeter was it clinching a spot in the Championship Game at the L.A. Coliseum vs. the Trojans. I tell you my group of fellow Irish Fans couldn't have had more fun than we did sitting amongst the Trojan Faithful during the game. We were mocking them all night, wishing them luck in the Emerald Bowl while asking them for advice on where we could find the best prices to the BCS National Championship.

My personal favorite were our chants of "Unfinished Business!"....this chant perfectly summarized the disappointment and unfullfilled expectations SC Fans feel over the 2012 Season, the Most Disappointing USC Football Season in Trojan History!! Sound familiar.........
ND7

Post by ND7 »

Ya, it was awesome. Made better doing it in the Coliseum.. GO IRISH!!! GO MONARCHS!!!!!
"What matters is not that it's true, but that I believe it; or no, not that I believe it, but that I believe it....I trust I make myself obscure."
Notorious

Post by Notorious »

Get out of here frontrunner.
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch
ND7

Post by ND7 »

Notorious wrote:Get out of here frontrunner.
:rockon: :mex:
pitcrew

Post by pitcrew »

longtimeobserver wrote:His two QB sneaks were what was called for him and he wasn't the one doing the blocking.
True, but did you see those sneaks? It honestly made me wonder if Wittek had ever run a QB sneak before. He basically curled into the fetal position and laid on the ground. All things considered, I thought he played a good game, but those sneaks were awful.
Red

Post by Red »

ND7 wrote:Ya, it was awesome. Made better doing it in the Coliseum.. GO IRISH!!! GO MONARCHS!!!!!
Way to feed the troll! :mrgreen:
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.
longtimeobserver

Post by longtimeobserver »

Actually Wittek is a good athlete...he has speed...at MD he scored or set up scores with his feet....His
Senior year he beat POLY with his feet and not his arm. They could have run an option with him.
Bobby G.

Post by Bobby G. »

ND7 wrote:WOW, some of my favorite people in the world talking to each other. GO IRISH!!!! It has been too long.
edac25 wrote:It has been WAY too long my fellow Domer.....
You misspelled dumbass.

Bobby G.