USC vs. Georgia Tech - SUN BOWL

edac25

USC vs. Georgia Tech - SUN BOWL

Post by edac25 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:25 pm

Is this what Matt Barkley was referring to when he called for a press conference to announce his return to USC for his senior season?? Was playing a 6-7 Georgia Tech squad in the Sun Bowl what Barkley was talking about when he arrogantly proclaimed he had "Serious Unfinished Business to attend to..."

WHAT A JOKE!! Preseason #1 to playing a 6-7 team in the Sun Bowl. HAAAAAAAAAA!!!! Oh yeah, AND the ND Irish are 12-0 and playing for the National Championship. Are you kidding me?!?! LMFAO

seeinred

Re: USC vs. Georgia Tech - SUN BOWL

Post by seeinred » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:59 am

Looks like that allegiance to USC is gonna cost him about $30 million in potential salary and endorsements...
Bummer Dude!!!!!
http://www.ocregister.com/sports/barkle ... draft.html

Thewatcher

Post by Thewatcher » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:03 am

Karma has finally caught up to SC with all of those years of cheating, Go Bruins!!!

Luca

Post by Luca » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:24 am

The only reason I've been even a lukewarm SC fan is because they have typically so many local Orange County kids playing for them. But I think their talent was much overrated this year and I felt that all along. The Times and the Register are always hyping the talent on the team and I'm not always convinced it's there.

Where was the overwhelming talent this year? They had outstanding wide receivers and an outstanding quarterback, but that's really about it. The running backs were good but not great. The offensive line was much overrated. Kaled Holmes was an outstanding center but when you have a true freshman starting at left offense tackle like Max Tuerk did - even though he started for only half the season and was Pac-10 honorable mention and freshman All-American - that is in itself an indicator that you don't have a lot of O line talent.

The defensive line was adequate. Their best player was a JC transfer. So much was made about the speed of the linebackers but it doesn't make any difference if they don't get to the ball. They had an outstanding safety in McDonald but the rest of the defensive backfield was good but not great. Where the hell was all this talent?

If you look at the projected NFL draft for the next few years, UCLA has more players listed than Southern Cal does. They've had great recruiting years recently but a lot of these guys haven't lived up to expectations. Granted the defensive coaching has been weak but it was clear that many times they were playing teams that simply had better players on the field.

I didn't expect them to wind up 7-5, but I sure as hell didn't think they were national championship contenders at any time. I also don't think that Kiffen the Younger is such a bad coach although he does have the work on his image.......Luca

edac25

Post by edac25 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:27 pm

edac25 wrote:Is this what Matt Barkley was referring to when he called for a press conference to announce his return to USC for his senior season?? Was playing a 6-7 Georgia Tech squad in the Sun Bowl what Barkley was talking about when he arrogantly proclaimed he had "Serious Unfinished Business to attend to..."

WHAT A JOKE!! Preseason #1 to playing a 6-7 team in the Sun Bowl. HAAAAAAAAAA!!!! Oh yeah, AND the ND Irish are 12-0 and playing for the National Championship. Are you kidding me?!?! LMFAO
MY LORD SWEET JESUS!!! Just when you thought the 2012 USC Football Season could NOT get any worse, the Preseason #1 Team in America gets embarrassed by a 6-7 football team 21-7!!!!

This will not only go down as THE Most Disappointing Football Season in the long, storied history of USC Football, it could go down as one of the most pathetic, disappointing seasons in ALL of college football history!! From talk of BCS Title to 7-6 with a blow out loss to a 6-7 Georgia Tech Team.

Nice game Mater Dei's Max Wittek! 14 of 37 for 107 yards and 3 INT's!!

UNFINISHED BUSINESS?? No Mr. Barkley, business is pretty much FINISHED. Thanks for the memories. LMFAO!!

SoMelo

Post by SoMelo » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:40 pm

Did anyone else notice they looked like they totally could have given a crap if they were there or not? The team had to apologize more than once for offensive tweets players posted on Twitter. So much for the elitist..

AsIfYouKnew

Post by AsIfYouKnew » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:11 pm

Does anyone else see the ridiculousness of a person quoting themselves?
When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.
Jonathan Swift

http://www.civilityinamerica.org/en/index.html

SoMelo

Post by SoMelo » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:17 pm

No... Does it really bother you?

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:28 pm

AsIfYouKnew wrote:Does anyone else see the ridiculousness of a person quoting themselves?
Not when that's all they've got.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:48 pm

AsIfYouKnew wrote:Does anyone else see the ridiculousness of a person quoting themselves?
:iknow:

Go Yellow Jackets!

I lived in Atlanta for a while before they had Falcons, and Hank Aaron was still playing for Milwaukee. Tech was THE team. I can't help but feel an allegiance.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:48 am

John Q. Public wrote: :iknow:

Go Yellow Jackets!

I lived in Atlanta for a while before they had Falcons, and Hank Aaron was still playing for Milwaukee. Tech was THE team. I can't help but feel an allegiance.
I always liked their other nickname. The Ramblin' Wrecks.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Luca

Post by Luca » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:03 pm

It is progressing from the merely curious stage to the bizarre........Luca

....... Oh, sorry, I forgot.......

lol.......LMAO....... LMMFAO!!!!!!