This "Rap" thing seems to be working out well at UCLA

Dan Patrick

This "Rap" thing seems to be working out well at UCLA

Post by Dan Patrick » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:09 am

Overbearing parent syndrome strikes again. Probably best for all involved...
Last edited by John Q. Public on Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: spammy link removed

downtothewire

Re: This "Rap" thing seems to be working out well at UCLA

Post by downtothewire » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:47 am

No big deal. He wasn't that good anyway.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:12 pm

Who is the player? The link was removed.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

crayegg
Oversight Committee

Post by crayegg » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:23 pm

Snoop's kid, Cordell Broadus.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:38 pm

downtothewire wrote:No big deal. He wasn't that good anyway.
I thought he was considered a top prospect coming out of high school and was heavily recruited.

Either way, he's made a good choice if he didn't enjoy playing.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Johnny Utah

Post by Johnny Utah » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:12 pm

I always wondered why his name isn't Cordell Dogg.
"Jesus told the story of the Prodigal Son to make a simple point: never mind what you've done, just come home."

familyoffriars

Post by familyoffriars » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:28 pm

Sons of rappers don't seem to be having a good year in the Pac-12, not just UCLA. Nate Dogg's kid from Bosco was dismissed from Washington last week.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:11 pm

In case anybody's wondering, here's the story:

The 6-foot-3, 186-pound Broadus was ranked as one of the top 30 wideouts in the class of 2015 by Rivals.com. Still, he never showed up for UCLA’s preseason camp, which began on Monday at Cal State San Bernardino.

“Cordell informed me yesterday that he has decided to pursue other passions in his life ‑ in particular his love of film through his company Film School Productions,” head coach Jim Mora said in a statement. “Cordell is an amazing young man with many talents, and we wish him nothing but the best as he continues to pursue his degree at UCLA.”

http://www.sgvtribune.com/sports/201508 ... ilm-career
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Playthegame

Post by Playthegame » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:32 pm

Makes alot of sense...

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:42 am

A male athlete in a marquee sports decides he wants to pursue an education instead of an extra curricular activity and it is newsworthy.

This only shows how out of whack big time college sports has become.

Dan Patrick

Post by Dan Patrick » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:29 pm

John Q. Public wrote:In case anybody's wondering, here's the story:

The 6-foot-3, 186-pound Broadus was ranked as one of the top 30 wideouts in the class of 2015 by Rivals.com. Still, he never showed up for UCLA’s preseason camp, which began on Monday at Cal State San Bernardino.

“Cordell informed me yesterday that he has decided to pursue other passions in his life ‑ in particular his love of film through his company Film School Productions,” head coach Jim Mora said in a statement. “Cordell is an amazing young man with many talents, and we wish him nothing but the best as he continues to pursue his degree at UCLA.”

http://www.sgvtribune.com/sports/201508 ... ilm-career
John Q-Why would you take my link in my OP down, only to post a different one the next day?

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:49 pm

Your post was a comment that required the reader to click the link to see who or what you were talking about. It was a tease and a link. That's spam and it's against the rules. Not explaining what the topic is is also a very good way of creating a dead topic. People don't reply if they don't know what the post is about and the majority of them aren't going to go out of their way to find out. There are two stickies at the top of every forum that explain the policy - "Regarding 'empty' posts" and "Posting Guidelines". They've been there for two years.

My post included the Who, What, When, Where and Why. It was a direct quote from the Tribune's story so I included the link to give them credit and to let people read more if they wanted to. But my post included enough information that they didn't have to.

The reason I used the Tribune's story is only because I'd been reading their story about the Cabin Fire and I happened across the Broadus story, not because I have any problem with the site you linked to (sorry, I forgot which one it was) or because I have any preference for that paper. It just happened to be where I read it.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Al Koholik

Post by Al Koholik » Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:03 am

After watching the show documenting his senior year, recruitment and commitment to UCLA this doesn't surprise me in the least. The kids heart was never really in it. It was all about Snoop and how important this was whole thing was to him. Gee, that doesn't sound familiar does it? Snoop even admitted that without football he and Cordell don't have much in common and weren't really close. That is glaringly apparent in the show. And in the end the kid stuck it to his dad twice. First by committing to UCLA... And now, after all the hype and a full season of a reality show he hangs em before ever playing a practice snap on a college field. Good for him! Takes guts.
I guess Snoop Lion (I think that's what it is now) can take some solace in knowing he won't have to don the blue and gold on Saturdays.
Don't really think he was a PAC 12 caliber player but definitely more of a legit college prospect than Lil Diddy. Good luck to the kid, from the show he seems like a nice, family-oriented young man. Appears he takes after his mother.
"A woman once drove me to drink and I never had the decency to thank her."
W.C. Fields

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:21 am

Who knows? Since he is interested in film he might very well transfer to USC. Their film school is considered the best in the world.

The alums from that school are a who's who of entertainment professionals at every level in front of and behind the camera.

Luca

Post by Luca » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:16 am

If he's smart enough to get into UCLA he's smart enough to know better. Besides, I heard that the film school library burned down and they lost both of their books .................Luca

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:00 am

Hmmmm...lol Luca. Now we now you were rejected from USC in general and the film school specifically. I guess looking through a camera that is up people's butts isn't quite the same as getting your name on a movie marquee. Cordell will see where your life ended up and realize he would be wise to transfer to a school with a great film school....Wabash

Luca

Post by Luca » Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:16 am

Wabash
Now we now you were rejected........
And now we "now" where you got your theoretical ejukashun. Do you know why Underachieving Students of California prefer SC to UCLA? Easier to spell.
Wabash
I guess looking through a camera that is up people's butts......

You're thinking of a gastroenterologist. Still, that's better than having your head up your butt.
Speaking of which, your gastroenterologist called me the other day. He wanted to know if he should have a neuro trauma team on standby during your colonoscopy.........Luca

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:50 am

Off topic. Your envy continues to reveal itself.

Here's hoping Broadus doesn't make your mistakes. He can attend a great film school and maybe follow in the footsteps of George Lucas and Ron Howard. Or go to an okay film school and end up looking up peoples butts like Luca. If he's lucky he might be the next Francis Ford Coppola. Long odds to say the least. Especially when there is a sure thing just down the I-10....Wabash

Luca

Post by Luca » Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:34 am

Ah,yes. Scatological humor...... the last refuge of the witless and the SC educated (not to be redundant).

Do you know how one addresses the previous year"s valedictorian of SC's film school? "Oh, waiter, waiter........."

Although if you do graduate from the school at least you can keep your diploma in your front windshield so you can park in handicapped spaces.................Luca

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:14 pm

Luca wrote:
Do you know how one addresses the previous year"s valedictorian of SC's film school? "Oh, waiter, waiter........."
Broadus would do wise to attend a great film school instead of spending a life looking up butts in anonymity. Trying to make himself feel superior by putting others down. So sad.....Wabash